IGNORED

Villa Game

wendyredredrobin

10 hours ago, screech said:

Why are they not getting 4100 seats if that is what the Atyeo holds?

Even though there isn't much need I am under the belief there is still segregation. Mainly at the dolman end plus there's netting (our yooths must be missing that!) at the front or back can't remember which one sorry 

6 minutes ago, kivsy said:

They are segregating the villa fans , in the villa end ? 

I meant netting over seats, I think it's at the dolman end and at the front? May be at the back though.

The only reason I can see why is to cut down on stewarding and police costs. It won't take as many stewards between the Dolman and Atyeo gap with the netting as well. As it was in the EE. There's probably some legislation saying you need x amount of stewards and police to away fans as well and we're cutting down on what we allow to accommodate this. 

All assumptions  and no facts btw 

12 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I meant netting over seats, I think it's at the dolman end and at the front? May be at the back though.

The only reason I can see why is to cut down on stewarding and police costs. It won't take as many stewards between the Dolman and Atyeo gap with the netting as well. As it was in the EE. There's probably some legislation saying you need x amount of stewards and police to away fans as well and we're cutting down on what we allow to accommodate this. 

All assumptions  and no facts btw 

Suspect it's because they'll all stand and not in the correct seat area so 10% less than capacity?

16 hours ago, ForeverRes said:

Be like a home game for Villa then.

Our home support (vocally) is dire. The singing section sing a song for maximum 20seconds before it dies out. 

Fair play to them for trying. No one else bothers. 

How about that ' Little Lee' song you suggested ...... get it going 

:dancing2:

17 hours ago, ForeverRes said:

Our home support (vocally) is dire. The singing section sing a song for maximum 20seconds before it dies out. 

Is it a pre requisite to sing at City ?

41 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

Villa will be up for this game. It has the potential to be their pivot to a good season. We're gonna lose. Badly. Although, we do have a habit of playing better against favoured sides so, maybe we could sneak something. 

as above!

2 hours ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

If you look at our forum there are a number who want Johnson sacked now 4 games into the season!

I wanted him sacked before the season started :yes: but it looks like I will have to wait a while yet :sad26: as for the game its the sort we could win, in front of cameras etc

36 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Except our league position!

Means nothing, its where we are at the end of the race that matters; I will be amazed if we finish any better than last season.

21 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Yeh only sing when we're winning I guess. Whole point of support is to lift the team? Maybe they needed that Saturday... 

We could have cheered every missed tackle, sung our hearts out at all the long balls that were gobbled up by the giants of Millwall's defence, chanted every City players name during our playing sideways among our defenders.

And it would not have made a scrap of difference. We were outplayed at Brentford and got a very fortunate equaliser. We didn't threaten Millwall more than a couple of times.

I guess that you might be quite young but when you've had sixty seven years supporting City, one does realise very quickly at the start of the game, often within five or ten minutes, that whatever we sing, shout, it just isn't going to be a vintage performance and we can do sod all to change that.

22 hours ago, ForeverRes said:

IMO there are too many little groups trying to sing different songs at the same time or the same song at different tempos so they die out so quick because it becomes a mix of songs, why we can't just sing the same song at the same tempos I don't know, other teams supporters seem to manage it

2 minutes ago, gordie said:

IMO there are too many little groups trying to sing different songs at the same time or the same song at different tempos so they die out so quick because it becomes a mix of songs, why we can't just sing the same song at the same tempos I don't know, other teams supporters seem to manage it

They could put the words up on the big screens

Karaoke style

:yawn:

assuming villa sold their allocation then by my calculations we are on for a +22k crowd after taking a look at the BS ticket site. If we can nudge 22.5 K that would make it the second highest (all seated) attendance eclipsing Newcastle home game last year. Perhaps record gate receipts also as full price and 2017/18 prices?

Archived