IGNORED

Villa Game

wendyredredrobin

On 22/08/2017 at 16:54, ForeverRes said:

Yeh only sing when we're winning I guess. Whole point of support is to lift the team? Maybe they needed that Saturday... 

Need a decent product to cheer. I pay a lot for my tickets and expect more and better 

• Admin
20 hours ago, italian dave said:

We didn't join the '£25 for away fans' movement then!

The Twentysplenty thing is only for the Prem

Our league tends to just be reciprocal agreements between the two clubs, hence the offers on the Reading tickets

Looking forward to the game, and a day in Bristol. We arrive around midday so will have time to take a look around a city I've not seen before.

Team wise we are missing our 3 best players in Jedinak, Kodjia, Grealish. We started the season hopeful but typically of Villa we've flattered to deceive so far. Selling Baker was a big mistake as we're f*cked if Terry or Chester get injured. As for Bruce I still back him but many seem to be losing faith. This game could determine if he gets some of these people back 'onside' alternatively if we lose I could see our fans vocally turning against him. 

Is there any pubs near the ground for away fans? 

On 21 August 2017 at 18:05, wendyredredrobin said:

Villa have ben allocated 4,635 tickets for Friday and this morning only had 80 left.  Looks like thwy will fill the Ateo and along with 20,000 of us will give a great atmosphere.  A decent sized crowd will look good on SKY and I hope we can put in a good performance for both fans and TV watchers.

Not with the ******* stand lights still on it won't be! FFS. 

20 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Still hundreds of seats available. Doesn't look like there's the demand.

at £33 - £41 on general release..... no wonder; wow bit steep or what!......... you can watch sky for that for a month and see dozens of live games :tv_horror:  welcome to modern football

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Not the same though is it? TV football can never compare to watching it live.

Really ? Saturdays at the match has completely changed and its getting close to watching it live on tv; ffs some even watch it on tv in their little boxes at the game.......why?

It used to be a way of life for me, now sit down shut up and don't fart, boring as sh1te just as well watch it on the box.

15 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Really ? Saturdays at the match has completely changed and its getting close to watching it live on tv; ffs some even watch it on tv in their little boxes at the game.......why?

It used to be a way of life for me, now sit down shut up and don't fart, boring as sh1te just as well watch it on the box.

We`ll have to agree to disagree I think. I`m nearly sixty and still get a buzz, albeit not quite as intense as the one I got when I was twenty, but still a buzz nonetheless. I don`t get the same on the rare occasions when I watch City on TV

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

We`ll have to agree to disagree I think. I`m nearly sixty and still get a buzz, albeit not quite as intense as the one I got when I was twenty, but still a buzz nonetheless. I don`t get the same on the rare occasions when I watch City on TV

oh I don't know I still manage to spill most of my pint when we score!

I don't really understand why there has to be "an extra cost" for watching "the better teams" are not most going to watch BCFC regardless of who they are playing ? an across the board entrance fee of say £20/£25 would be fairer and probably bring in more fans. Would it not be better to have someone sitting in a seat for £20/£25 rather than have it empty while asking £33- £41 for it.

This could even be across all stands, yes the best seats/stands would be sold first but that would encourage early booking of seats. :dunno:

10 hours ago, Holtey said:

Looking forward to the game, and a day in Bristol. We arrive around midday so will have time to take a look around a city I've not seen before.

Team wise we are missing our 3 best players in Jedinak, Kodjia, Grealish. We started the season hopeful but typically of Villa we've flattered to deceive so far. Selling Baker was a big mistake as we're f*cked if Terry or Chester get injured. As for Bruce I still back him but many seem to be losing faith. This game could determine if he gets some of these people back 'onside' alternatively if we lose I could see our fans vocally turning against him. 

Is there any pubs near the ground for away fans? 

A lot of Villa fans were drinking in / outside the NovaScotia for this fixture last year and there was a decent friendly atmosphere. Strongly recommend especially if the weather stays like this! 

Do we fancy City to win tonight?  Tough game to call the result, although I can see a 2-1 City win.

Reid and Diedhou to score.  I'd expect there to be about 23k tonight, alas I won't be in attendance as after paying for an expensive summer holiday with the kids, no money for football for at least another month or two!

COME ON YOU REDSSSSSS

If Villa give the minimum required away allocation then they've got the right idea imo.

They've also reverted to making it home fans only behind each goal, meaning they're never playing towards massed ranks of antagonistic away followers in their own ground, and moved the traveling support to the side where they have less direct influence on proceedings, which also makes the utmost sense.

Making the most of home advantage is exactly the sort of 'fine margin' that makes all the difference over a season and clubs like City, in particular, should put that above a few extra pounds.

In fact it's not even a fine margin, it's bloody obvious it's a bad idea to dilute home advantage by giving excessive away allocations.

42 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If Villa give the minimum required away allocation then they've got the right idea imo.

They've also reverted to making it home fans only behind each goal, meaning they're never playing towards massed ranks of antagonistic away followers in their own ground, and moved the traveling support to the side where they have less direct influence on proceedings, which also makes the utmost sense.

Making the most of home advantage is exactly the sort of 'fine margin' that makes all the difference over a season and clubs like City, in particular, should put that above a few extra pounds.

In fact it's not even a fine margin, it's bloody obvious it's a bad idea to dilute home advantage by giving excessive away allocations.

You're comparing apples with oranges,  Villa have a 40k stadium so their minimum required away allocation is big anyway, they also have a much bigger home support than we do, so they can afford to offer the least amount of away tickets.  We are in a different situation.  Until we regularly get more than 23,000 home fans wanting tickets we don't need to reduce the away ticket allocation, and if the home fans can't out sing the away end, regardless of allocation, then that's the real issue.

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

You're comparing apples with oranges,  Villa have a 40k stadium so their minimum required away allocation is big anyway, they also have a much bigger home support than we do, so they can afford to offer the least amount of away tickets.  We are in a different situation.  Until we regularly get more than 23,000 home fans wanting tickets we don't need to reduce the away ticket allocation, and if the home fans can't out sing the away end, regardless of allocation, then that's the real issue.

You are incorrect.

Unless it's changed very recently Championship clubs are only obliged to give 2,000 tickets to away clubs if their capacity is over 20k.

If capacity is under 20k then the requirement is to give 10%.

City were already giving more than required before upping the away allocation this season, and Aston Villa, despite having a near 43k capacity are only obliged to give 2k, and on occasion ( i.e. last time they played Brum) do just that.

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Totally agree. They bodged the placement of home/away fans up in this redevelopment. 

We had a blank canvas basically so an opportunity to design it with away fans tucked away and home advantage maximised.

Didn't SC demand away fans were moved away from the tunnel area in the Atyeo? Goes without saying that should be the case.

In my opinion away fans should never be behind a goal and should be as far away from influencing the action as possible.

54 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You are incorrect.

Unless it's changed very recently Championship clubs are only obliged to give 2,000 tickets to away clubs if their capacity is over 20k.

If capacity is under 20k then the requirement is to give 10%.

City were already giving more than required before upping the away allocation this season, and Aston Villa, despite having a near 43k capacity are only obliged to give 2k, and on occasion ( i.e. last time they played Brum) do just that.

I stand corrected (said the man in the othopaedic shoes), however it's still a different situation for the other points previously raised.  Until we get much higher home support there's no real justification in my eyes for minimising away support for the sake of it and definitely not because it gives the away team an advantage in terms of support, that doesn't stack up when 3 quarters of the ground is home fans, and if 3 quarters of the ground cannot pursing a quarter of away fans then that's the issue to be sorted

Archived