IGNORED

Matty Taylor

JasonM88

10 minutes ago, myol'man said:

So being on club website, Facebook, twitter, OTIB, Bristol Post and Radio Dribble ain't enough now, you've got to be on Snapchat, whatever that is, to get the latest news.  :grr:

None of the above give you latest news, with puppy ears though, do they..?! 

Heard something interesting regarding Taylor and his "injury" on Saturday.

Apparently LJ wanted him to play in behind the front two and they ended up rowing over it. Taylor was left out because of the disagreement with LJ.........:dunno:

The "injury" is/was no more than a slight niggle and that Taylor's omission was entirely down to LJ leaving him out as a punishment the disagreement.

Now if that's true then he's heading down the same road as his father.........:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Apparently LJ wanted him to play in behind the front two and they ended up rowing over it. Taylor was left out because of the disagreement with LJ.........:dunno:

The "injury" is/was no more than a slight niggle and that Taylor's omission was entirely down to LJ leaving him out as a punishment the disagreement.

Now if that's true then he's heading down the same road as his father.........:facepalm:

Hmmm

In behind the front two

I.e in behind Bobby who is still a midfielder playing up front, and necessitating a change in formation when LJ hasn't shown a willingness to do so when needed this season.

And also starting in a league game having not had any U23 or League cup games to build up fitness.

Yep - that all passes muster as a rumour...

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If this is the case

Then I am getting fed up with the Johnsons thinking they run this club

If I wanted to show the fans that I am a right back, I would not like playing other places and having them judge me on that position

If LJ does not want him to play where he has proved himself, then let him go!

LJ wil regret it again along with the other players he has brought in and not used

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Apparently they have removed the word "gullible" from the dictionary. 

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nah. His father was a talented manager and tactician. 

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Ha Ha , youll ave some now Robbo

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Did you hear that in a minibus perchance?

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Robbo is very close to an emoji clean sweep here. Anyone care to help out?

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Nah. His father was a talented manager and tactician. 

I would disagree slightly with that. Gary did a good job and those couple of seasons were interesting but he was found out at this level. We were on a crest of a wave after promotion in what was arguably a poor champ. Granted he created a great team ethic but we rarely blew teams away under him, nor did we ooze technical class.....not knocking his achievement, he is still the most successful manager we have had for many a year based on those two seasons. But if he was such a great tactician why are we the biggest club he managed? He has struggled elsewhere such as Posh and Northampton. Perhaps read Trundle's book for an interesting insight....

As soon as we signed bigger name players it was very much square peg in round holes tactics. Like we are seeing now. Evander Sno a left winger, Styvar a left back playing as a striker. His obsession with playing Lee Johnson win lose or draw. I could go on. His downfall was falling out with Basso over the contract.  Basso was the key man in that dressing room. We were not the same after that. 

15 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

If this is the case

If I wanted to show the fans that I am a right back, I would not like playing other places and having them judge me on that position

LJ wil regret it again along with the other players he has brought in and not used

IF THIS IS THE CASE 

Guilty until proven innocent on OTIB.

:disapointed2se:

19 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

If this is the case

1. It isn't the case.

2. Lee Johnson is the Head Coach of our football club. Regardless of if the fans agree with the decisions he makes, he has the right to make whatever decisions he may wish with regards to tactics. Just like any other manager or head coach in the world.

6 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I would disagree slightly with that. Gary did a good job and those couple of seasons were interesting but he was found out at this level. We were on a crest of a wave after promotion in what was arguably a poor champ. Granted he created a great team ethic but we rarely blew teams away under him, nor did we ooze technical class.....not knocking his achievement, he is still the most successful manager we have had for many a year based on those two seasons. But if he was such a great tactician why are we the biggest club he managed? He has struggled elsewhere such as Posh and Northampton. Perhaps read Trundle's book for an interesting insight....

As soon as we signed bigger name players it was very much square peg in round holes tactics. Like we are seeing now. Evander Sno a left winger, Styvar a left back playing as a striker. His obsession with playing Lee Johnson win lose or draw. I could go on. His downfall was falling out with Basso over the contract.  Basso was the key man in that dressing room. We were not the same after that. 

Amazing, agree with you again!

I loved GJ, maybe my favourite manager since I've been a fan.. but he definitely had his limitations. Problem was that he was too long in the tooth to change.

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I loved GJ, maybe my favourite manager since I've been a fan.. but he definitely had his limitations. Problem was that he was too long in the tooth to change.

Those limitations saw us finish 4th, 10th and 10th in The Championship.

I wish all those we have appointed since had his limitations.

By the way I think the original story (like the gas "made up" stuff, too) is bollocks.

39 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Utter bollocks 

25 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

if all the stories are true Taylor obviously is a real problem !!

:laughcont:

#SAGBULLSHIT

Tell the ones at the back of the mini bus to come up with something a bit more believable Robbo, and concentrate on the road if you're driving

West London busy in rush hour

:yawn:

and watch out for that kid head butting the minibus window, only this time it'll be from the inside.   :grr:

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I dunno. I think GJ got fantastic performance out of a limited group of players. There has to be some tactical ability in the mix to do that. I think that the Championship started to change and Johnson couldn't adapt to it, but that's not to diminish what he achieved while he was here

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Those limitations saw us finish 4th, 10th and 10th in The Championship.

I wish all those we have appointed since had his limitations.

By the way I think the original story (like the gas made up stuff too) is bollocks.

Yep, no complaints about that. My favourite time watching us was 2006/7 and 2007/8.

I do feel he struggled a bit managing tricky personalities, but our best squads under him didn't really feature them. 

Great times  - Ashton Gate was a real fortress under him. Genuine unity from fans to the team and management - with the exception of @Robbored of course.

41 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Assuming you are not attempting satire now is your chance to be the first peddlar of alleged inside info I have asked for corroboration to actually provide some. Or indeed respond at all.

45 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Did Taylor's old man play football?

The person who passed this info knows that I post on otib and that I quite like LJ. They are very close to the behind the scenes going ons at City.

They told me in earnest and said "post that on otib if you like"....so I'm not breaking any confidences.

I was told other stuff as well particularly about Flint.....

Archived