IGNORED

Dilemma ?

Dolman Block B

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I haven't scrolled thru this thread but clearly all thre goalscorers last night are youngsters as is O'Dowda who had an assist.

No doubt at all that Hinds and Eliasson will have impressed LJ  in a tough game but will he consider either of them ready for the Championship starting 11 yet? 

I suspect he won't. He may feel it's too big a risk. Eliasson has been in the first team squad but not Hinds as yet.

Be interesting to see the squad for the Villa game on Friday.

Hinds was in the squad and played against Brentford.

Got an assist IIRC

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No Bryan? 

You wont see an LJ team without JB unless he's injured.

he's carrying a knock isn't he? and to be honest from what I've seen of kelly he looks a more natural Left back, I'd Bryan further up but I think you get a more attacking threat with Pato him and reid always seem to be on the same wave length,  

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Forget Friday's game for a minute, I think last night's result is even more likely to influence what we do in the rest of the transfer window.

With the exception of a goalkeeper, I think this might well demonstrate to LJ that everywhere else in the squad we have strength in depth now, you can argue a bit about the quality, but certainly not with the numbers.

We changed our entire back four last night, still didn't include Taylor Moore at all, have Golbourne and Hegeler too (who played CM), so have plenty of defensive options..

In midfield O'Neil is now becoming involved, so is an alternative to Pack or Smith, plus as mentioned before, Hegeler. I know that some want a more attacking option here but I think we'd have to move one of these four on in order to bring one in.

Eliasson and O'Dowda are extra options out wide and with Hinds' emergence, Woodrow available for league games and Taylor now fit enough to be a sub, we have much more forward cover for Diedhiou and Reid.

This brings me back to the goalkeeper, Frankie has started very, very well, but the fact that LJ hasn't used Lucic in either cup game (especially Plymouth) would suggest that he is not rated, it is a long season and FF is going to miss a few games through injury or lose form at some point, so an experienced alternative makes a lot of sense.

Doubt he has any future with us, but good to see Arnie Garita back last night, scoring one and having another disallowed for the U23s v Forest, like De Girolamo and probably Moore, I expect that he'll be off on loan in the next week.

yes lot of sense there

Archived