IGNORED

League Cup - City v Stoke (Merged)

REDOXO

4 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I don't think our reaction to the Stoke draw has been that bad. I mean Stoke could win the Champions League 10 times in a row and it's not going to be a glamour tie, is it? It's Stoke for gawds sake. But it's a decent tie against a decent Premier League team who we have a decent chance of beating if they make a lot of changes in a one off game

Exactly. It's more the disbelief that once again we have swerved a big name tie and they have drawn each other or teams like Doncaster once again get a 'name' ( fair play to Them but I'm sure they have done well in draws before or am I imagining it).

The draw has been relatively kind to us here considering all the hideous ties we could have had like Norwich, Doncaster or Burnley away or something. Stoke are a team we have a bit of history with and we owe them one for 2008 and Wembley so lets do em!!

I hope LJ learns from the Hull tie last year and plays a strong team. That was really disappointing and a catalyst for our disasterous run imho.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Exactly. It's more the disbelief that once again we have swerved a big name tie and they have drawn each other or teams like Doncaster once again get a 'name' ( fair play to Them but I'm sure they have done well in draws before or am I imagining it).

Precisely. Every time there's a cup draw I convince myself that this is the year we're getting Manchester United at Ashton Gate and it'll be a sell out and on Sky. And then we draw Gillingham away (or Stoke, you get where I'm coming from)

Stoke's a pretty good draw really in that they are an established PL team but not one we'd have little hope of beating. 

2 minutes ago, Sniper said:

BristolMick does indeed seem like a complete bellend of the highest order. Is he a closet SAG :yes:

Funny enough im chatting to a couple of gasheads as we speak.

Obviously they find it amusing that we can't get a top prem team, but they themselves think stoke is boring tie and would rather Wolves away. 

(Sounds like a Henbury Gas tale i know)

27 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Just popped over to their forum to see their reaction which i was expecting to be similar to ours. One gent has posted a link to this thread and can't believe the way we are talking about his club. 

Hello stoke fans :farmer:

I would have thought that Stoke fans wouldn't believe the way some City fans talk about their own club!

So Stoke just beat arsenal at the weekend, have more champions league winners in their squad than any other PL side, have a decent footballing history and we don't have to travel to that rotten city they call Stoke! Just love how some moan when it's a decent chance to progress being at home with a decent crowd in attendance if priced right. 

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

If anyone wants to ascertain as to whether BristolMick really is a gashead then it looks like it might be found at The Fox in Old Down on occasion: http://www.southweststokies.co.uk/meeting-minutes---10112016  Mike Alderson one assumes. What other football fans ever refer to us as 'shitheads' ffs?

Im sure Swindon do aswell. Good detective work @Kid in the Riot haha.

57 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:

Looking at the draw, have a feeling we could end up on sky, along with the Liverpool game. With most of the prem teams getting home ties just looks possible. I hope so as I'm away that week anyway!

My thoughts exactly, only lower, ahem, league team at home to premier team. 

Morning all. Local Stoke fan in peace here (I'm not Bristol Mick but I do know him - and yes he does have Rovers loyalties!). I think we'll bring a pretty strong team down for the game and hopefully a decent following - although I can't make the game myself sadly . MH got a lot of criticism for our early exits from both cups last season & I think he wants to put that right. He put a strong side out last night so hopefully more of the same.

5 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Whoever came up with this idea needs to be sacked. I can't see how having a draw in China that isn't streamed anywhere is good for the competition? 

A previous round was drawn in Thailand I believe.

Agree with the thrust though. Still I guess the sponsors want it out there...

Thinking about it, Stoke isn't such a bad tie.

Archived