IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Aston Villa FC match day thread

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

We've looked fairly decent in the first half, without really testing their keeper at all. Glad to see Smith looking good. 

Lets hope we can play at least that well second half too. 

Not bad. 

Funny enough I thought Smith looked pretty poor that half. We need something better than him and Pack in the middle to create chances.

4 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

We look like we're about 25-30 million short of being a good side.

Final 3rd we lack composure and incisiveness

We look OK at the back, but Bryan went AWOL for the last 10 mins

Midfield we're short.

My half time summary would be, we run around a lot but lack a head.

We run around a lot but not for both halves, will LJ change it before villa score........I doubt it,but there is always hope

3 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Villa starting to take a grip on the game....

The right changes at the right time will be vital tonight..

were doomed then

Let's see how our illustrious manager can change things up now that villa have changed their approach 

I'm not holding my breath 

Played some ok stuff first half but we are a team of followers. I don't see one man in our team who will take the game by the scruff of the neck and make it his. 

1 minute ago, Red Bill said:

Just a quick thank you for all the posters.  We without Sky rely on you to keep us informed.  Much appreciated.

Only watching Sky but we seemed to be 'ok' . nothing great but alright.  Seemed to be a lot of misplaced passes and the playing out from the back looked questionable at times.

Have a worry that our second half jitters will come to the fore, we should have made the most of the possession we had and I think that may cost us.

We haven't really looked like scoring so hey ho lets see what the next 45 looks like.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I hate football. Paterson was largely shite at Brentford and v Millwall and then he has a really good first half this eve. Keep it up Pato!

Really? Seeing it different to me, Pato has been in good positions and apart from one clever lob through to Reid has not made anything of them.

2 minutes ago, palmerred said:

Got 0-0 written all over it. Which wouldn't be a bad result.

Not convinced it will remain level.  One goal will possibly win it.  Hope it is us but no one looks likel to score for City.  Really disappointed in our strikers so far.

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Think we have done ok that half. Villa are a decent side, and for me we shaded it. Not really a game of endless chances, and we are struggling to break down a decent defence. Equally, we have kept them fairly quiet.

Think last ten Villa just starting to edge on top, so we may need a good second half.

Exactly how I saw it. 

Thought we were sitting off them a bit too much at the end for my liking. 

No real clear cut chances for either side, but Samba has been immense. Their back 4 is so experienced and it's showing, with Glenn Wheelan purely in there to tidy it all up and provide protection. 

We're just lacking in the final third. Would like to see a bit more from Brownhill on the right. We look more of a threat from the left and a lot of that credit has to go to Joe Bryan. 

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Our most expensive player ever is underwhelming. He needs to up his game.  Really annoyed we haven't option of bringing Hinds on.

Yep, not having Hinds on bench to swap with 5mil man could be a mistake

4 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

Agreed needs subbing. For a big lad looks very weak. I think he needs some serious training and he could become a decent player. Let's look at Cauley 

I thought he had a good half. Worked the defense well dropped back and won the ball in Midfield a few times. The movement was good. Not a lot to complain about, don't think hes here to be more than he is doing today. Work hard occupy the defense, be an outlet when we play the ball up and bring others into to game.

9 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

HT 0-0.  We had the better of it until Villa changed formation, since then been pretty even. Paterson been disappointing for 3rd game in a row, otherwise decent performances across the pitch including good saves and takes from Frankie.

Worry is Bruce will highlight where Villa can improve at HT, and LJ won't react.

Yet the sky pundits say hes been our creative spark and troubled villa. 

Opinions eh. 

9 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Our most expensive player ever is underwhelming. He needs to up his game.  Really annoyed we haven't option of bringing Hinds on.

Are you having a laugh? 

He's up against premier league quality defence. Who will be very up for it on the Sky cameras.

I think as pretty much a lone man up front he's find ok, putting himself about and had at least one chance. 

How about you just encourage and stop moaning ffs

Archived