IGNORED

Torches on Friday

wendyredredrobin

9 hours ago, Spoons said:

Kids doing this I can just about understand but to the 40 year old bloke in front of me doing it... Get a life !! Watch the game !

Also it's on par with the idiots who sit there filming/ streaming the whole game on phones??!!! Why !

I did it too and I am 72! Watched the game as well. Get a life!!!

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Maybe the club should hand out a sheet (or maybe send a Snapchat!) detailing what not to sing, what not to do, how not to dress, whether to use your phone..

Think people should chill out a bit and let people do what they want. Any contribution to the atmosphere, whether stolen or unique, is good. 

Live and let live.

Shining your Iphone isn't unique it's just weird in context of going to the gate to watch a game of football! I'm now outraged but just find it weird verging on cringey ?!

21 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Shining your Iphone isn't unique it's just weird in context of going to the gate to watch a game of football! I'm now outraged but just find it weird verging on cringey ?!

Doesn't really matter in my opinion, just people contributing in their own way.

I draw the line at coreographed Mexican waves led by Downsy though :P

11 minutes ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

Maybe it could be something to bring in when we commemorate someone passing etc on a given minute... it could be signposted on the big screen and go alongside clapping/ supporting/ singing etc to show we are marking something different and important.... just an idea!

This minutes applause and specific minutes clapping during a game is getting all a bit silly IMO ?

What we need is something for everyone at the end of the season etc maybe as seems to be every home game now and not everyone seems to know what's going on or who the minutes applause is for

49 minutes ago, Spoons said:

This minutes applause and specific minutes clapping during a game is getting all a bit silly IMO ?

What we need is something for everyone at the end of the season etc maybe as seems to be every home game now and not everyone seems to know what's going on or who the minutes applause is for

That's what the screen are for. And as @RedKatieScarlettsuggests a 'light show' would be a lovely tribute to someone no longer with us, I guess it would only work at a night match though. Shame we had to have the lights on inside the stands, it would have been a better sight in darkness. I'm not sure how it started, saw about 4 people in the Lansdown with lights on and it spontaneously spead.

Archived