IGNORED

Dolman PA - update

Mkelly

I really struggle to see why we can't get this right. I moved from the Dolman (after many years) to the Lansdown this season and I am yet to hear any PA announcement that is crystal clear - most are very very difficult to understand  

I go to Anfield a few times each season and the system there is superb. You can even hear his clear voice when watching Liverpool on tv. 

In my job - when we find another office getting something right better than me - we are encouraged to find out what the other team are up to.- perhaps we should ask the Anfield Road team to come and look at our PA system and tell us what is wrong with it!!

22 minutes ago, RedM said:

I would have thought it was obvious to monitor and test when a stadium is full, but why then at concerts are soundchecks held in empty venues?!!!

The soundcheck at concerts is mainly to get a balance between the instruments, and to adjust onstage monitoring. The sound engineer will then attenuate the levels front of house once the crowd is in place.

I rarely get into the stadium early enough to hear any pre match PA but agree with most comments about announcements at half time etc. However, I did notice that when we recently had a minutes applause for our dear departed trio of fans and our friends from Barcelona the announcement was thankfully crystal clear but I'm sure that was due to the stadium falling deafly silent when the players formed up around the centre circle. Just saying.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I would have thought it was obvious to monitor and test when a stadium is full, but why then at concerts are soundchecks held in empty venues?!!!

I can sort of answer this. It's sort of to ensure everything is set up properly and working correctly. It's more for the artists tbh. Every artist likes things a certain way. Some may never have played on a certain system so want to try it out. It's all about getting a basic set up that everyone is happy with.

Once a gig has started you will often see the artist signalling to the engineers to change things slightly. Sometimes some artists ask to be miced up to the engineer but only the really fussy ones.

Once the concert begins the sound engineer will constantly be sliding things  up and down, pressing buttons, turning knobs etc to make it sound right. 

Bodies can interfere with sound waves etc but also in a stadium humans make a lot of noise.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Why so long to reply?  Your reply on the car park barriers was very prompt but not on the topic that effects far more fans.

Be grateful he did. 

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I imagine it's  part of his job to keep us fans updated.

Part, far bigger and more pressing priorities. That's before appreciating OTIB is a tiny fraction of "us fans". 

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can't imagine it is, but I'm grateful that he does, both to update us and to accept feedback.

He's the stadium manager isn't he? and the stadium is for us fans so of course he's going to listen to feed back from us fans who use the stadium. Customer service must a priority on his remit.

Having a PA system that fans can actually hear must be a top priority.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Where else does he get fan feedback from? 

I would be surprised if monitoring Twitter and providing updates wasn't a full time job for someone, before getting a moment to look on Otib. 

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He's the stadium manager isn't he? and the stadium is for us fans so of course he's going to listen to feed back from us fans who use the stadium. Customer service must a priority on his remit.

Having a PA system that fans can actually hear must be a top priority.

Agree with all of that, but he could read and not engage with us.

Archived