IGNORED

best position

where's the joy

if booby reid can suddenly turn from an ugly duckling into a beautiful swan by moving up the pitch

who else do you think is playing in a false position and would become much better if switched round? 

for me i would like to see joe bryan playing in centre mid and callum o dowda tried at left back 

many moons ago alan dicks switched clive whitehead back from left wing to left back and he became a fabulous player for us

flint at centre forward perhaps!!!!

43 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

if booby reid can suddenly turn from an ugly duckling into a beautiful swan by moving up the pitch

who else do you think is playing in a false position and would become much better if switched round? 

for me i would like to see joe bryan playing in centre mid and callum o dowda tried at left back 

many moons ago alan dicks switched clive whitehead back from left wing to left back and he became a fabulous player for us

JB is a getting on to be a cracking LB so I would stick with him there for now. I'd like to see Brownhill play more centrally but I think that's now more of a when rather than if situation. 

It would be interesting to see Kelly push up a little bit as a winger maybe but then, who needs another winger :whistle:

51 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

I actually think you could be onto something with COD at left back. He works hard, tracks & tackles. He just can't cross or shoot. 

51 minutes ago, where's the joy said:

I always think that full backs that arent quick enough end up as defensive midfielders. I wouldnt be surprised to see Jon Flanagan playing that Lucas role for Liverpool. Wouldn't mind seeing Hegeler play between the midfield and defense, although I imagine he has played there before

2 hours ago, where's the joy said:

Been saying this since last season, Flint should be reprogrammed as a no 9.  Had much otib abuse for this, so hoping you are at least half serious and giving this idea legs and that I am no longer a voice crying in the otib wilderness!

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Been saying this since last season, Flint should be reprogrammed as a no 9.  Had much otib abuse for this, so hoping you are at least half serious and giving this idea legs and that I am no longer a voice crying in the otib wilderness!

We could make Đurić a CB. Like it. 

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, always thought that.

Non-City, but I think Steven Gerrard would've been the best RB in the world, instead of just a very good CM.

Certainly the best from of his career was when Rafa played him on the right. But Gerrard thought that the occasional Hollywood ball meant he was a playmaker in the Pirlo mould, despite his lack of positional discipline, and pretty much demanded he play there. Right back would not have been glamorous enough for him.

Beckham had the same self image, as Rooney did latterly.

They all thought that playing slow, looping, predictable diagonal passes that have the crowd applauding was the business despite being easy to defend.

I put this down to wanting to be the main man rather than playing in the position that was best for them and the team.

10 hours ago, where's the joy said:

And Keith Curle switched from right wing to centre back with great success. Likewise Donnie Gillies from striker and Gerry Sweeney from midfield to right back, Trevor Tainton from right wing to midfield.

These days a player's position seems to be fixed at an early age and that's it. Always seems daft to me to describe some little kid as a centre half or whatever.

Get them playing in a variety of positions when they're young like Ajax always did and you'll have better players whatever position they end up in.

8 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Don't think he's got anywhere near the ability on the ball. Just because he scores a fair amount of goals for a centre back doesn't mean he'd be a good striker; totally new position to learn.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, always thought that.

Non-City, but I think Steven Gerrard would've been the best RB in the world, instead of just a very good CM.

I've read comments from people at Liverpool saying that Gerrard could have been the club's best striker, best full back, best winger or best fullback had he played in any of those positions.

12 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

On a side note, his wife must be the stupidest woman on the face of the planet or a bloody good business woman who's about to get a huuuge payout!

The latter mate I reckon - she`ll also get all the public sympathy that`s going (rightly so under the circumstances I suppose) whereas our Wayne will get dogs abuse over it.

Some good money to be made from Hello exclusives too - Coleen - My Heartbreak Over Wayne anyone?

Totally his own fault though. You just can`t believe that with all the advisors that surround people like him these days he could be so dumb as to think it wouldn`t get into the public domain.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

The latter mate I reckon - she`ll also get all the public sympathy that`s going (rightly so under the circumstances I suppose) whereas our Wayne will get dogs abuse over it.

Some good money to be made from Hello exclusives too - Coleen - My Heartbreak Over Wayne anyone?

Totally his own fault though. You just can`t believe that with all the advisors that surround people like him these days he could be so dumb as to think it wouldn`t get into the public domain.

Fairplay to her as well. I think thats every time she's been pregnant that he's been caught doing something stupid.

Archived