IGNORED

I despair ...............

BigTone

At this PC crap that is engulfing the world:

John Lewis has launched a range of gender-neutral children's clothes, becoming the first retailer in the country to remove "boys" and "girls" labels. 

The department store said it did not want to "reinforce gender stereotypes" with its childrenswear, which now has unisex labels on all clothing from 0-14 years. 

School uniforms are still in gender categories but are expected to switch to unisex soon. 

Does this mean that boys will now be wearing skirts?

i just saw a John Lewis spokeswomen trying to defend it on TV and not doing a very convincing job. The BBC bloke read out some of the comments sent in by viewers most of which were critical and only one supportive. She commented only on the positive one.........:facepalm:

Essentially retail is a tough and cutthroat business and like M&S, John Lewis are always looking to improve sales and this is a simply a bit of free advertising.

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Does this mean that boys will now be wearing skirts?

i just saw a John Lewis spokeswomen trying to defend it on TV and not doing a very convincing job. The BBC bloke read out some of the comments sent in by viewers most of which were critical and only one supportive. She commented only on the positive one.........:facepalm:

Essentially retail is a tough and cutthroat business and like M&S, John Lewis are always looking to improve sales and this is a simply a bit of free advertising.

I saw that as well hence why I posted. Will they do it in the shoe department next ? I can just picture you in a nice pair of sequinned stiletto's

2 minutes ago, Juan Kerr said:

I shall smother myself in woad, don my ethnic headgear, and prance around the local dewy woods, communing with nature, and scaring the bejesus out of dog walkers. That never fails to cheer me up.

Like your style

1 hour ago, Juan Kerr said:

This gender neutral fad is utter bollocks (no pun intended). We're going to hell in a handcart.

Well said. I swear liberal people just spend their time devising how to be offended. When they've achieved one aim, they move on to something else. This time it's this gender neutral rubbish.

Apparently there is some campaign for maternity wards to stop congratulating new mothers on the birth of their "healthy baby boy" for example, because the nurse 'assumes the baby's gender'. Just pure ridiculous. 

19 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Well said. I swear liberal people just spend their time devising how to be offended. When they've achieved one aim, they move on to something else. This time it's this gender neutral rubbish.

Apparently there is some campaign for maternity wards to stop congratulating new mothers on the birth of their "healthy baby boy" for example, because the nurse 'assumes the baby's gender'. Just pure ridiculous. 

FFS

Would they accept me for who I am if I was a raving un-PC, unreconstructed, bigoted and unrepentantly ordinary bloke?   :yawn:

(At this point I want to make it clear I neither confirm nor deny any of the above.)

And whilst I'm on the soapbox, I feel discriminated against because I cannot parade through the city centre proclaiming and celebrating my sexuality as I am a heterosexual!   :protest:

Or as the Boomtown Rats sang: 'Watch out for the normal people - there's more of them than you!'  :ph34r:

5 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Sorry, but how is this a bad thing? They're just clothes. It's not saying "boys should wear skirts".

So why change it and make a big issue of it in the media telling us it is for the good of all and we no longer need to be offended.

Archived