IGNORED

The Official Match Day Thread 6 - Reading v Bristol City

Firstly this is a winnable game, Reading aren’t all that.

Vyner is having a mare, far too lightweight not getting close enough to his man and casual, his weak challenge led to Baker having to make a rash challenge for his yellow card. He is not being helped by COD who is another lightweight and has offered nothing in this game whatsoever.

I only realised Patterson was playing when he took a corner, the game is passing him by.

Brownhill lacks pace but looks a better midfield combination with Smith who is the best player on the field, best pass of the day to Bryan and got Vyner and COD out of jail more than once.

But the midfield looks unbalanced to me with Patterson and COD.

Diedhiou his first touch is appalling and his passing almost as bad, we have little or no threat upfront.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sounds like we've been a little tentative and lacking quality on the ball.  If we can improve in second half then hopefully get something

Yea pretty much. Our eagerness when we get the ball is costing us a bit. Reading pass pass pass so when we get it we are impatient and try a killer ball and turn it over. In a way we are less threatened when we don't have the ball. Reading look far more dangerous countering. 

Wright warming up early. May come on for Baker? Don't know maybe just some exercise. Tough one to call today. I'm here so want more action but 0-0 would be a decent enough result. 

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Vyner is having a mare, far too lightweight not getting close enough to his man and casual, his weak challenge led to Baker having to make a rash challenge for his yellow card. He is not being helped by COD who is another lightweight and has offered nothing in this game whatsoever.

I only realised Patterson was playing when he took a corner, the game is passing him by.

Brownhill lacks pace but looks a better midfield combination with Smith who is the best player on the field, best pass of the day to Bryan and got Vyner and COD out of jail more than once.

Diedhiou his first touch is appalling and his passing almost as bad, we have little or no threat upfront.

Last years 3rd best team and playoff finalists "aren't all that"?

• Like 1

Apart from that were looking pretty good then eh?

• Haha 1

The one single player affecting the stalemate is their nr 17 (Aluko?). We look solid and it's not like watching Donald Duck (shit served for years). Great to see the commoradeship between COD and Vyner. They work together and push each other. Something for Baker and Flint to learn frtom. We look week in central midfield and one of those shots on counter attack will eventually go in. Smith out and Pack in. COD to the left and Paterson replaced by Eliasson playing on the right side of midfield. COYR!! Not everyday it's not total shit.   

•  
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Fully agree. This match is winnable if we make the right changes.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Last years 3rd best team and playoff finalists "aren't all that"?

Tbf when they have the ball they pass sideways and back quite a bit. Don't look too dangerous. It's when we get on the ball and lose it they look a threat. I wouldn't be angry if we slowed it down because I think the last 20 min might be tough at this rate in terms of fitness. Some quick free quicks which came to nothing. Take some time and try and pick out Flint. 

Well I am watching the game on a live feed and I am telling you what I have seen in the 1st 45 minutes, what is difficult to understand about that?.

I didnt challenge anything else you said.

But to write off what is clearly a decent side as "not all that" is foolish.

What is so difficult to understand about that?

Well I am watching the game on a live feed and I am telling you what I have seen in the 1st 45 minutes, what is difficult to understand about that?.

They aren't having mares. COD doing his hit defensively. I'll give you Vyner struggling a bit but Barrow a tough cover and not come to anything so far and hasn't really looked likely either. 

11 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I did say he was the biggest waste of 5 million I had ever seen, but not a lot of people seemed to agree with me, maybe more people will agree with me now.