IGNORED

The Official Match Day Thread 6 - Reading v Bristol City

Pisano out injured so Vyner makes sense, Wright travelled back a long way midweek so again quite logical re Flint, but very surprised that he has gone for O'Dowda.

Seemed obvious for the last few games that he favours Smith over Pack but this strikes me as a game where we needed both, with Brownhill tucking in on the right.

No Hegeler on the bench, too, I guess Pack is CM cover and Hörður CB cover, but thought he would feature there.

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not so sure about Vyner. Looked amazing against Plymouth, but was not so sure about him against Watford. Guess we need to give these players games, and I expect Pisano must be injured. Hope he takes his opportunity.

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Pisano injured I guess ?

6 minutes ago, RedSA said:

I assume Pisano is injured as he's not on the bench. Big loss for us, hopefully Zak can step up to the plate! 

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Is pack injured ? He should partner brownhill if not. Pisano injured ? 

Knee injury.

4 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

O'Dowda is good defensively and protects his full back well in games I have seen, I would guess that's why he's in here.

Guess that is a big influence.  Maybe if Pisano fit, might've seen Eliasson or Leko unleashed. So fine with the thinking there.

Flint for jet-lagged Wright, that's fine too. Not like Flint and Baker have never played together.

Brownhill, more energy than Pack against a Reading 3???

Good luck.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Pisano out injured so Vyner makes sense, Wright travelled back a long way midweek so again quite logical re Flint, but very surprised that he has gone for O'Dowda.

Seemed obvious for the last few games that he favours Smith over Pack but this strikes me as a game where we needed both, with Brownhill tucking in on the right.

No Hegeler on the bench, too, I guess Pack is CM cover and Hörður CB cover, but thought he would feature there.

Think he may have gone for changes (accept Pisano injured) (Vyner / COD / JB centrally ) that will give us legs and energy as I think we'd be anticipating chasing off the ball / pressing a lot as Reading are totally about dominating possession  

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Hegeler not quite ready following his injury??

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think he may have gone for changes (accept Pisano injured) (Vyner / COD / JB centrally ) that will give us legs and energy as I think we'd be anticipating chasing off the ball / pressing a lot as Reading are totally about dominating possession  

Yep, need lots of runners today.

15 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Just had a really dumb moment.

By JB I thought you meant Joe Bryan, was about to say did you mean Browhill and then put his initials- then I realised :laughcont:

• Haha 2

Just seen holdens pre match interview. Pisano injured in training yesterday , nothing serious though. Wright , travelling round the world , knackered , gives flint a chance. Didn't hear the reason for pack giving way for brownhill. Personally I'd of gone for pack and brownhill. I know marlon isn't that mobile but would deliver a better ball on the counter attack imo. Anyone with a different view ?