IGNORED

Man C v Liverpool

22A

25 minutes ago, Akira said:

Nah, never a sending off. Ball was there to be won, and Gary Neville is absolutely spot on in what he says IMO. Silly decision which has now ruined the game. 

Gary Neville is once again talking out of his ass. Even Carragher rubbished his opinion. 

24 minutes ago, Super said:

Absolute rubbish as usual from you. So every high foot going for the ball is a sending off?! You will see at least one in every game going on today.

Yep because it's dangerous. If you have your foot that high with studs leading it is impossible for you to be in control and your risking causing serious damage.

I can vaguely emember something like this happening at AG a very long time ago against one of our players and it wasn't a sending off. There was uproar on here.

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

The thing that's inconsistent. Is the amount of high feet that win the ball that goes unpunished. Which is fine. But if he misses it's a red card. So we're is the consistency. Just make it like the rest of Europe problem solved 

Thin of it like this. Which is the worst challenge?

A two footed lunge which the opposition player jumps over and the tackler slides on through;

A two footed lunge which the opposition player has his leg broken.

You could use that example for all different type of foul. That's why Mane's challenge is a red.

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Clear red all day long.

"Right to go for the ball" and "not looking at the player" are not in the rules of the game.

Gary Neville is very irritating, perhaps he should remember how good he was as a coach when he constantly slags off referees, particularly as he was allowed to get away with all sorts by them in the Ferguson era...

Totally agree . It was better when Nev was in Spain doing a wonderful job at Valencia 

@Up The City!

Plymouth 2008 rings a bell for that game you refer to. Keeper Basso I think got cleaned out, was still groggy, no red card no nothing and Plymouth scored from resulting corner!! Perhaps they were taking conditions into account, wet and windy day from memory.

This decision? Sounded like a red on radio, certainly by today's standards. As @Davefevs said game so quick now.

Windies terrible? Bit harsh they competed excellent at Headingley but they are very prone to collapses. Seem to have trouble taking catches too.

3 hours ago, Akira said:

He was so close to winning that ball aswell, and never once took his eye off the ball. How can it be a sending off, when if he wins it, it'll be a goal?! Nothing malicious in it at all. 

The rule says nothing about intent. You're right, if he wins, it's fair game, but he didn't win, he nearly knocked the bloke out. He's put his foot up about 5ft in the air (and the rest) where the goalkeeper is going in with his head. People complain when you go in studs up at a shin, let alone a head. It's a red card all day long.

Absolutely nailed on sending off, no way anybody with the faintest understanding of the rules could say otherwise.

It doesn't matter one bit whether he was going for the ball or where the keeper was.  It's really simple:

Serious Foul Play

A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

A player who is guilty of serious foul play should be sent off

There's no way anybody could suggest with a straight face that the keeper's safety wasn't endangered.  

21 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

This is the bit of your post I can't comprehend, are you a City fan as well?  If so, I just don't understand supporting two teams, what about when they play each other?

Yes. City first, Liverpool second.  When they play each other City to win every time. I'm also a general football fan. 

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes. City first, Liverpool second.  When they play each other City to win every time. I'm also a general football fan. 

I watch plenty of football, watching Man U V Stoke now, but can't comprehend supporting two teams, if it's not City I'm either a neutral or just pick one to get behind for the duration of the game.  Each to their own.

The truth of the matter is that both players went for it and whoever came second to ball was likely to get sent off- Whoever got there first was likely to get badly hurt. 

A question for those saying Mane should of ducked out.... Would they have expected Ederson to duck out if Mane had got to the ball first?

6 minutes ago, Super said:

And yet Ritchie stayed on the pitch yesterday.

Think this is the problem It needs to be consistent. 

For me definate red card because its a high challenge and studs are up. The whole Mane had his eyes on the ball is irelevant IMO, he knew he was there. The fact that he has jumped with his foot up high indicated he is aware that ederson could beat him to the ball.

Archived