IGNORED

Flinty

RaspberryRed

Like a lemon I fell completely for all the rhetoric about Aden Flint not being mentally right with his agent pimping him around. I'm gutted I interpreted it wrongly, questioned his want to play and called him a nasty 4 letter word.

I can't believe I questioned the integrity of a huge favourite who has always put his body on the line and been an absolute man mountain since he joined our club. Since the Harry Redknapp shenanigans every time he has been called on he has done what he always does and that is always giving 110% and always carrying that goal threat

Today he's given us our first win at Reading for eight years and a tidy strike to boot

SORRY Aden Flint. I get my coat.

:worship2:

I posted at the time that I didn't see any grounds for having a go at Flint or the club. The only bad guy in the affair was Redknapp with his usual behaviour.

The fact that LJ has picked him twice, and his positive comments about him this week, plus Flint playing with his usual commitment proves the point imo.

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I posted at the time that I didn't see any grounds for having a go at Flint or the club. The only bad guy in the affair was Redknapp with his usual behaviour.

The fact that LJ has picked him twice, and his positive comments about him this week, plus Flint playing with his usual commitment proves the point imo.

Yep, me too, Flint just kept himself quiet and got on with it.  Sounds like himself and Baker had very good games today.  Exactly what we need.  We look like we have a squad.

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I'd say the agent, to be honest and not Redknapp. Redknapp saw a bloody good goal-scoring centre half and got interested. Hardly a crime in my book.

1 hour ago, RaspberryRed said:

Like a lemon I fell completely for all the rhetoric about Aden Flint not being mentally right with his agent pimping him around. I'm gutted I interpreted it wrongly, questioned his want to play and called him a nasty 4 letter word.

I can't believe I questioned the integrity of a huge favourite who has always put his body on the line and been an absolute man mountain since he joined our club. Since the Harry Redknapp shenanigans every time he has been called on he has done what he always does and that is always giving 110% and always carrying that goal threat

Today he's given us our first win at Reading for eight years and a tidy strike to boot

Dont worry mate, i once compared him to Matt Heywood!!! 

8 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I'd say the agent, to be honest and not Redknapp. Redknapp saw a bloody good goal-scoring centre half and got interested. Hardly a crime in my book.

Spot on,old Harry ain't a bad judge of a player and if he thought he had a sniff of getting Flint through a agent then he would be mad not to try and get him

17 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I'd say both. Agent whispering sweet nothings about more cash and more touting than a Glasto ticket.

Redknapp also being a shithouse for bidding like a tit.

13 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

It was me because our dolly would like a bit of his snake

How do you know she hasn't? Being in that cupboard 24/7, he had to exercise somehow. When a buxom blonde brings you a bit of grub, I'm sure most fellas would unleash the snake...

3 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I'd say both. Agent whispering sweet nothings about more cash and more touting than a Glasto ticket.

How do you know she hasn't? Being in that cupboard 24/7, he had to exercise somehow. When a buxom blonde brings you a bit of grub, I'm sure most fellas would unleash the snake...

or a chipolata

6 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Our very own Oskar has got a lot to answer for! That's all I'm saying on this topic. :fear:

1 hour ago, RaspberryRed said:

Agree with this, apart from one thing, you can give 110% - it is impossible.

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Scares the shite out of me, this kinda talk from a lady  :laugh:

I can confirm, I'm not much of a lady. I drink beer, watch football and swear like a trooper. 

I do have nice hair and nails though.

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain, Septic.. say this

The rain in Spain, falls mainly on the plain.

She sells sea shells on the sea shore.

I can do the book on the head thing too. But only if it's a paperback.

10 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Damn right my anaconda would of been out 

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

I can confirm, I'm not much of a lady. I drink beer, watch football and swear like a trooper. 

I do have nice hair and nails though.

The rain in Spain, falls mainly on the plain.

She sells sea shells on the sea shore.

I can do the book on the head thing too. But only if it's a paperback.

:laugh: I knew you were a lady, Peg. I knew it.

The whole thing has been handled brilliantly by Lee Johnson on the face of it, too. We've only lost one of our opening eight games, despite the whole saga Aden Flint's value and reputation has remained intact and now he's played well and scored on his return to the team too.

I point this out specifically because LJ gets slaughtered for his alleged mismanagement of certain players (Gustav Engval springs to mind) on this forum, but it seems from the outside that he's got this about right.

He just needs to keep us winning and playing well now!

Archived