IGNORED

Flinty

RaspberryRed

There was never really any doubt that Flint would put the effort in, he always has.  Great to see him get the goal.

I think he was hard done by over the summer with much said in public that should have remained in private.

Let's hope it's all put behind us now.  There will certainly be some strong competition at centre half, we could yet see a back three.

47 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, me too, Flint just kept himself quiet and got on with it.  Sounds like himself and Baker had very good games today.  Exactly what we need.  We look like we have a squad.

Well done big fella-Should keep Aden in for the next game-will be Uber pissed off if he's not in..

8 minutes ago, Nibor said:

There was never really any doubt that Flint would put the effort in, he always has.  Great to see him get the goal.

I think he was hard done by over the summer with much said in public that should have remained in private.

Let's hope it's all put behind us now.  There will certainly be some strong competition at centre half, we could yet see a back three.

Would need to start Leko to play a back three to have any chance-not enough pace in the side.

22 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Tinnion always demanded 110, maybe that's where he went wrong.

That reminds me of the guy who went for a job interview, and sat down and poured himself a glass of water. He filled it to the brim and then some, with water spilling over onto the desk. "Are we a little nervous? " asked the boss . " No" was the reply " I always give 110% in everything" 

Aden Flint is a professional footballer . His conduct has been impeccable. Harry and Flints agent have acted poorly . Our club has acted strong when a few moons ago we would've sold the big man , opposite of Kodja who refused to play and was sold for as much money as possible. 

Well done everyone involved at our club .  

Watching and listening his post-match interview, I'm delighted that Flint is still with us. Never wanted him to leave, especially to Birmingham. He's going to give his all to be back in the team. Rednapp can do one, I hope today is the start of a long losing run for Brum.

9 hours ago, cynic said:

Yep.

Flint said in his interview that it was a very stressful period for him.

His head was obviously turned, that would be a natural response, but he got on with it and kept talking with LJ.

The club has played a blinder with this and got another very good CB out of it as well.

No conspiracy theories proven and not a lot of damage done.

His head was turned by LJ. 

1 hour ago, Psychopomp said:

His head was turned by LJ. 

As the latest one to claim to know the truth I'll ask the question none of the others have responded to. What is your evidence?

It's just that the number of people claiming sources seems to exceed the number of people employed by the club. :whistle:

I'm also surprised that none of those who accuse LJ of lying seem to have gone to the Q&A to tell him so and present the evidence to prove it. :ph34r:

15 hours ago, The Journalist said:

I point this out specifically because LJ gets slaughtered for his alleged mismanagement of certain players (Gustav Engval springs to mind) on this forum, but it seems from the outside that he's got this about right.

The situation looks like it is at least temporarily rectified, and in no small part due to Flint's professionalism and will to win, but I wouldn't get carried away - the body language between he and the manager is still all wrong, which is why I tend to believe the stories about the origins of this fall out, which in turn makes me think that what Johnson has achieved is far more about his control of third party interest and face saving, and far less about man management of the player.

Point of fact, at full time after Flint had taken a quick applause in front of the away end, he and Johnson were calculatedly like ships in the night, in fact Flint made sure he was heading off the pitch the moment Johnson was heading towards the away end and most of the players. And when they passed, Johnson having hugged every single other player, the two of them could only exchange the briefest arms length handshakes and no eye contact. There is still a massive rift here. 

17 hours ago, NickJ said:

And to think that "my sources" told me only yesterday that Flint had been told he would never play for City again.......

1 hour ago, Olé said:

The situation looks like it is at least temporarily rectified, and in no small part due to Flint's professionalism and will to win, but I wouldn't get carried away - the body language between he and the manager is still all wrong, which is why I tend to believe the stories about the origins of this fall out, which in turn makes me think that what Johnson has achieved is far more about his control of third party interest and face saving, and far less about man management of the player.

Point of fact, at full time after Flint had taken a quick applause in front of the away end, he and Johnson were calculatedly like ships in the night, in fact Flint made sure he was heading off the pitch the moment Johnson was heading towards the away end and most of the players. And when they passed, Johnson having hugged every single other player, the two of them could only exchange the briefest arms length handshakes and no eye contact. There is still a massive rift here. 

:whistle:

1 hour ago, Olé said:

I'll certainly take your word for it on this - you're the one that's seen it with your own eyes, not me.

I'm not getting carried away, however. I'd still expect the player to leave in January.

I was more highlighting that the situation appears to have been well managed in terms of making sure a) results aren't affected and b) Aden Flint's value and reputation aren't affected. I don't think you could begrudge Lee Johnson at least a bit of credit for that.

Archived