IGNORED

The Championship on 5

formerly known as ivan

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Sky do the best football coverage of all the channels. In fact they do best coverage of all sports. 

Tell me about their coverage of the Tour de France then!

:dunno:

........other than their sponsorship of the winners!!!

I genuinely don't care whether these shows give a shit about us.

Huddersfield were still being tipped for relegation until about November, their form dismissed as unusual while anyone watching could see they were a hell of a team.

Not saying we're anything like Huddersfield last year, but that I'd rather be seen as a 'little' team than have the pointless overblown attention the likes of Villa get.

38 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Tell me about their coverage of the Tour de France then!

:dunno:

.......other than their sponsorship of the winners!!!

If Sky had the TV rights the coverage of Le Tour would even better than it is now..

Its a huge World wide event and shown pretty much all over so maybe that's got something to do with Sky not having any live tv input.

They were beginning to get it right and then this!!! What a **** up... the presenters were both salivating over the two Sheffield clubs, whilst bigging up the league 1 / 2 round up that was following, and yes our game didn't get a mention, smug doesn't even come close to describe those two. And that woman, It was toe curling stuff, back of the net side of the net, gaff, all in a cock up....But on the bright side from the evidence we were presented with we won't be going down...despite those two clowns giving glowing reports on every club.

I don't understand it, I know a forum isn't much to go by but we have one of the most active forums in the Championship. There is clearly a big fan base, a fan base of fans that take a big interest in City unlike the plastic ones of Reading etc. You'd think they'd analyse this and realise that more focus on us would in turn bring more viewers for them. Maybe they do and not a lot of viewers from Bristol watch it? I don't know :facepalm:

11 hours ago, petehinton said:

Thought Lynsey Hipgrave was alright last season to be fair. Although I could be blinded by the fact that I fancied the **** out of her. 

Agree the newbie is awful though. Also Micky Gray still doing his best to think he's the sauvest man alive (and failing) 

Can't disagree with that at all

Ok.

Channel 5 is a standard commercial broadcaster- Sky is in a bit of a unique position owing to its great cornering of the football market down the years and its high subscription fees. In its early days anyway was quite sport top heavy- all credit to them.

Five as a more 'standard' channel has two considerations. A more balanced programming range and commerce.

With this, it is incumbent on them to find more 'attractive' games. Hence the disproportionate focus in recent years on Newcastle, Villa, Leeds and to an extent Brighton.

However... They also have at least a small obligation to give all clubs at least a few crumbs of coverage.

Barnsley and Preston haven't really been focused on this season AFAIK so quick look yeah. Ticks boxes, Preston don't score or concede many this year so they can mention that- another box tick!

As for Sheff United newly promoted, reasonably sized club started very well so kinda figures!

For all that though, our result  WAS noteworthy and the coverage didn't really do it justice tbh.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

I really don't understand why people care.  

It's like an extension of the way individual people - unhappy individual people - look externally for affirmation, validation for their happiness. They cannot be happy unless they think that other people think they are ok/better than ok/wonderful.

Some football fans need feedback from others - including national media - that their football club is better than ok/wonderful. When they don't get this, they are insulted/ crushed.

This poor lad on twitter quoted above by @Rossi the Robin wears his low self-esteem about his football club on his sleeve. 

The thing is, Bristol City is only very interesting to Bristol City fans by and large. To the rest of football around the country, Bristol City are largely nondescript, uninteresting. This is what SL is trying to change.

15 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

It's like an extension of the way individual people - unhappy individual people - look externally for affirmation, validation for their happiness. They cannot be happy unless they think that other people think they are ok/better than ok/wonderful.

Some football fans need feedback from others - including national media - that their football club is better than ok/wonderful. When they don't get this, they are insulted/ crushed.

This poor lad on twitter quoted above by @Rossi the Robin wears his low self-esteem about his football club on his sleeve. 

The thing is, Bristol City is only very interesting to Bristol City fans by and large. To the rest of football around the country, Bristol City are largely nondescript, uninteresting. This is what SL is trying to change.

Spot on.  The type that post on Facebook what a great night out they are having.  Can't be that great if you are on your phone !

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

If Sky had the TV rights the coverage of Le Tour would even better than it is now..

Its a huge World wide event and shown pretty much all over so maybe that's got something to do with Sky not having any live tv input.

Not true. They had the rights to the Giro d'Italia highlights for a few years. Was an absolutely awful programme compared to ITV4.

4 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Not true. They had the rights to the Giro d'Italia highlights for a few years. Was an absolutely awful programme compared to ITV4.

It wasn`t good was it? I suspect they knew it was only short term and they didn`t want to chuck too much money at it.

TBF to ITV4 and Eurosport their cycling coverage is top notch and worth watching even when not much is happening on the flat stages.

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Twas ever thus. We barely got a mention in any of the media in the GJ playoff season, so much so that I remember a City fan ringing up 606 after we beat Hull at home to make that very point with Alan Green.

Actually we got a lot of coverage and lots of praise on Sky's Football League show that season. Though a lot of our own fans seem to have forgotten how highly regarded we were.

Archived