IGNORED

Wolves away

Red Army 75

Why are loads of people suddenly saying to play Leko as a striker on Tuesday night? The lad is a winger... 

Or are we going back to just playing people anywhere as we're short of options up top? We brought Woodrow in as a striker with Championship experience, if we're not going to play him in place of Fam, then send him back to Fulham. 

Get Leko out wide to supply crosses and terrify their fullbacks if you're going to play him. 

26 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Why are loads of people suddenly saying to play Leko as a striker on Tuesday night? The lad is a winger... 

Or are we going back to just playing people anywhere as we're short of options up top? We brought Woodrow in as a striker with Championship experience, if we're not going to play him in place of Fam, then send him back to Fulham. 

Get Leko out wide to supply crosses and terrify their fullbacks if you're going to play him. 

I think because he came on as striker yesterday and impressed. I guess in a tough away fixture such as this you could see people wanting the more defensively able players on the left and right so using Leko up front isn't an unreasonable shout as he showed he's a option in that role. 

5 minutes ago, RedSA said:

I think because he came on as striker yesterday and impressed. I guess in a tough away fixture such as this you could see people wanting the more defensively able players on the left and right so using Leko up front isn't an unreasonable shout as he showed he's a option in that role. 

Woodrow is pointless then.

Leko is not the sort of player who will play with his back to goal and hold the ball up for us, and also that doesn't play to his strengths. Away at Wolves we're going to need someone up there to hold it up, hassle their centre backs and bring our other attackers into play. 

Sure he can do a job up there in the final stages of a game against tired legs, but people who think that he should start as our 'No 9' should really have a day off. 

Hope Pisano is back as I like this chap, if not I think Vyner will start. Flint has surely earned the right to stay in the side and i for one will be very dissaponted if Wright comes in for him, if he does it might mean something else . Leko not sure at all as I haven't seen him yet, if he's a prem starlet and an England B international we should be giving him a go and West Brom will expect it . Interesting decisions . 

25 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Woodrow is pointless then.

Leko is not the sort of player who will play with his back to goal and hold the ball up for us, and also that doesn't play to his strengths. Away at Wolves we're going to need someone up there to hold it up, hassle their centre backs and bring our other attackers into play. 

Sure he can do a job up there in the final stages of a game against tired legs, but people who think that he should start as our 'No 9' should really have a day off. 

Not really, they're just different options. 

There's more than one way a striker can play and a team play off/with him. As I'm sure you're aware  

Don't know how it would turnout myself. Suppose we'll find out if/when it happens. 

Not sure what the patronising attitude is about towards those that think it's a good idea. 

6 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Not really, they're just different options. 

There's more than one way a striker can play and a team play off/with him. As I'm sure you're aware  

Don't know how it would turnout myself. Suppose we'll find out if/when it happens. 

Not sure what the patronising attitude is about towards those that think it's a good idea. 

Fair enough, we'll find out I guess. Sorry for the patronising tone, I got carried away there :blink:

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Historically we tend to do badly there. I think we'll make changes - we can afford to now. 

I expect Wright will replace Flint - rightly or wrongly 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Leko start and possibly a patched up Pisano.

I almost read that as a pissed up Patchano!!!

:facepalm:

Probably the scariest thing about Wolves is that not only do they have plenty of quality attacking options but they've also kept 6 clean sheets out of their opening 8 games. So, will be very tough to break down.

Neil Harris said on Saturday that whoever finishes above them will be promoted and based on the evidence so far I'd be inclined to agree with him.

Their fans seem very confident looking at their forum (and rightly so) but if we go and play like we did in the 2nd half v Reading then I'm confident we can come away with something.

Team wise, I'd go:

Fielding

Pisano/Wright Flint Baker Bryan/Kelly

Smith Pack Brownhill

Paterson

Diedhiou Reid

That team should have enough energy to press them and enough pace on the break to get something

41 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Their fans seem very confident looking at their forum (and rightly so) but if we go and play like we did in the 2nd half v Reading then I'm confident we can come away with something.

Team wise, I'd go:

Fielding

Pisano Wright Flint Baker Bryan Kelly

Smith Pack Brownhill

Paterson

Diedhiou Reid

That team should have enough energy to press them and enough pace on the break to get something

Certainly looks like a strong defence.

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If we manage a point there it would be IMHO A cracking result and above expectation

A win.... would be mind blowingly good

Anticipating we may get turned over but that wouldn't spell out any form of failure for me

In a nutshell mate. I`m fully expecting us to lose and if it`s only 1-0 or 2-1 won`t be too disappointed TBH.

Wasn`t it last year they got a pen when Flinty held his hands up to it before the ref blew? He`s going to want to put that right I should think. I also think they might just underestimate us a bit which will help.

2 hours ago, RedSA said:

Simple question, what exactly did he do to impress? As I recall he ran around a bit but contributed nothing of note. That's not writing him off, or being critical in any way, he was not on for long, and will need games to settle in. Be honest, none of us are really any the wiser, and you cannot judge either way based on his brief performance at Reading.

19 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Simple question, what exactly did he do to impress? As I recall he ran around a bit but contributed nothing of note. That's not writing him off, or being critical in any way, he was not on for long, and will need games to settle in. Be honest, none of us are really any the wiser, and you cannot judge either way based on his brief performance at Reading.

I thought he looked very sharp, some excellent turns and you could tell he was a threat as they were putting 2 men on him, looking forward to seeing him from the start tbf

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Hard decision re Wright or Flint - happy with either tbh but Wright hasn't put a foot wrong so far.

We may well go with three at the back to match them up and fit both in the team.

Dilemma for LJ - damned if he do and damned if he don't, rather him than me :blink:

Intriguing times at BS3. I like 4-4-2 myself but we need flexibility in shape . Good problems for LJ 

1 hour ago, Chappers said:

TBH I meant more he impressed others, which is why they were suggesting him as a striker. 

I'm probably in the same boat as you, but I understand the feeling that he had made himself an option if they saw something in his performance. 

LJ wants a team to play for him,, so let them do just that.

3 at the back, make the midfield really solid and tough, with pace on one wing to a big striker, with one from midfield pushing up as the traditional #10.

If we can win this - well we haven't since 1931 apparently - then we are most certainly on the right track!

If Pisano is fit, do people think he can push up to play as a genuine mid if we play 3 at the back?

Archived