IGNORED

Highlights up

cityexile

A couple of quick observations from there 

- Top run from Calumn leading to the pen. Carried it well, delivered a cross, got the reward. Good to see as it's something he's been criticised for

- See Leko desparate for the pen but overruled by Fammy. Speaks volumes about both their confidence levels which for an 18 year old and a player in poorish form bodes well

Watched it a few times. Penalty, can see why he has given it, needed to be called Terry to get away with it.

The final goal annoys me most. He buries it, but somebody has to at least challenge surely. Delighted with the draw, but still that 'what might have been' feeling a little.

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

A couple of quick observations from there 

- Top run from Calumn leading to the pen. Carried it well, delivered a cross, got the reward. Good to see as it's something he's been criticised for

- See Leko desparate for the pen but overruled by Fammy. Speaks volumes about both their confidence levels which for an 18 year old and a player in poorish form bodes well

Was going to say exactly the same thing about Leko trying to take the pen. Fammy left him in no doubt. 

Its a very good penalty, great for his confidence. Hopefully just the spark he needed

18 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Both managers will be disappointed with some of the defending, but a point is a point.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/11032880/wolves-3-3-bristol-city

Agreed ,seems a bit harsh criticising the players but the two corners were poor defending and should of been stopped. That said, two very tough places to go and coming back with 4 points is excellent. 

8 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

People say O'Dowda never takes players on, but I swear he does regularly. Excellent for the penalty. First goal we conceded was poor, was Flint too deep and keeping him onside? And looked like Flint's fault for the 3rd. Completely misjudged the flight of the ball and player was free behind him. Not taking anything away from the players though. Superb effort.

I'm not a fan of O'dowda but I thought he did well tonight.

Wolves goal 1: Feel Bryan did the right thing pushing up to the man but Baker was then at fault for not picking up the guy making the run. 

2nd goal: Scorer was being marked by Korey but let him drift off, needed to stay tighter.

3rd goal: the missed header definitely at fault, if you go for a header like that you've got to win it, missing it left the man free in the middle. 

11 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Poor defending from us from set pieces. Should be defending better with Aden Bailey and Bakes 

Absolutely poor defending especially the Wolves third....free header direct from a corner.........:facepalm:

be interesting to hear what LJ made of that.

8 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Was going to say exactly the same thing about Leko trying to take the pen. Fammy left him in no doubt. 

Its a very good penalty, great for his confidence. Hopefully just the spark he needed

LJ recently said Famara was our penalty taker so whilst I like Leko's enthusiasm he should have left well alone.

Probably put his hat in the ring for any penalties when Famara is not in the pitch with his display of keeness so maybe method in his madness !?

7 minutes ago, Neo said:

LJ recently said Famara was our penalty taker so whilst I like Leko's enthusiasm he should have left well alone.

Probably put his hat in the ring for any penalties when Famara is not in the pitch with his display of keeness so maybe method in his madness !?

I'm also guessing because he was getting dog's abuse for being a West Brom player he fancied shutting them up?

Shows a lot of self belief, if nothing else.

Two things stand out for me:

1. When Famara scores the penalty the players find it really hard to celebrate with him.  They amble across (Bryan seems guilty to be next to him) and half-heartedly jump on him.  Is he not fitting in?  Does he speak English?

2. What is going on for their third goal?  Anyone suggesting Flint is worth a shed load of money needs to watch the highlights of that goal

Fantastic game by the look of it, and a point we'd all have taken.

39 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Agreed ,seems a bit harsh criticising the players but the two corners were poor defending and should of been stopped. That said, two very tough places to go and coming back with 4 points is excellent. 

39 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

We're a young team who appear to be learning quickly. Defensive errors can be expected but can be eliminated with coaching and practise. Now if we had been totally outplayed by Wolves, then that would be more worrying.

A great result, even if a bit disappointing that we could not hold on to the lead but clear evidence of a big improvement in the last three league games. Mid table obscurity looking more likely?

17 minutes ago, Chivs said:

1. When Famara scores the penalty the players find it really hard to celebrate with him.  They amble across (Bryan seems guilty to be next to him) and half-heartedly jump on him.  Is he not fitting in?  Does he speak English?

2. What is going on for their third goal?  Anyone suggesting Flint is worth a shed load of money needs to watch the highlights of that goal

Would like to see their equaliser on a tv screen. Did Flint get a little nudge and therefore get underneath it?

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Would like to see their equaliser on a tv screen. Did Flint get a little nudge and therefore get underneath it?

Those highlights are annoying as they don't show any of the goal mouth action.  But "Flint get a little nudge" :) 

I watched a documentary about lifeboats earlier.  They had two lifeboats tugging a large boat.  If Flint didn't have 2 lifeboats  attached to him, he hasn't got an excuse.

Goal 1.  Smith not Baker didn't track his man. You can't pass a man on to Baker who's half committed to marking his own man, especially when the breaking player is sprinting past you in the opposite direction to your position. 

Goal 2. Good set piece. The runner to the near is able to get the ahead of Bryan, but maybe the player (who I can't make out) should've stayed in front to stop the first ball? Clever movement. After he gets the flick it's all reactions. You would be delighted if you scored it. 

Goal 3.  Still can't make it out. 

Crikey. Taylor missed a sitter for Reid's goal. 

21 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I watched a documentary about lifeboats earlier.  They had two lifeboats tugging a large boat.  If Flint didn't have 2 lifeboats  attached to him, he hasn't got an excuse.

Absolute classic OTIB quote. How the hell do you go from a documentary about lifeboats to Flint. I love OTIB!  Well done Mr Chivs!:clapping:

51 minutes ago, Chivs said:

When I saw the squad together before the Villa match (had a piss next to Pato and told him to crunch JT - life highlight), it was noticeable that almost the whole matchday squad were sat chatting together. Famara however was elsewhere with headphones on, seemingly psyching himself up.

Not advisable to read too much into it but I got the impression that whilst most of the squad seem to have pretty good camaraderie, Fammy is struggling a little to settle in. Would not be surprised if that's down in part to poor English but that may come with time.

My thoughts on watching the highlights. The goals we conceded were all avoidable, 2 goals from corners is pretty poor

Fammy and Leko fighting over who would take the penalty was pretty cute

Definitely, 100% a penalty. All day. Every day. You can't put our arms out towards the ball like that and not expect a penalty to be given if it hits them. If I were the Wolves manager I'd be awfully upset with that player. Great work by O'Dowda to beat a man on the touchline and make that space though

When Pisano is fit again, Wright and Bakes at CB for me. Love Flint to bits but he has to take some responsibility for that 3rd goal and the last two games we seem to have been back to that fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants defending that was so prevalent last year

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Goal 1.  Smith not Baker didn't track his man. You can't pass a man on to Baker who's half committed to marking his own man, especially when the breaking player is sprinting past you in the opposite direction to your position. 

Goal 2. Good set piece. The runner to the near is able to get the ahead of Bryan, but maybe the player (who I can't make out) should've stayed in front to stop the first ball? Clever movement. After he gets the flick it's all reactions. You would be delighted if you scored it. 

Goal 3.  Still can't make it out. 

Crikey. Taylor missed a sitter for Reid's goal. 

Looks like Smith and Baker both made the wrong moves/decisions. Bakers man pulls away from him, which made Smith stop in his tracks instead of tracking his man. A split decision that cost us the goal. Smith holds his head in his hands whilst speaking with Baker after the goal...you can see why it happened. Good play by the Wolves forward to pull away from Baker to make the space.

Bryan is guilty of giving way too much space to his man. Look at the chances they missed in those highlights where JB is ambling back giving his man way too much freedom. A trait he had last season when tracking back. It costs us dearly from goals conceded and crosses coming in.

Their third goal. The Wolves forwards run towards the near post...our defenders fall for it, realise, get stuck mid box, and the ball goes over their heads for the Wolves lad to come towards the back post. Looks comical on screen....

9 hours ago, Chivs said:

It's the same for Flint's goal too. Wouldn't read much into it.

I saw Famara doing an 'Instagram live' video the other day. It was pre-Reading and features the squad messing around before lunch.

Based on that, safe to say he's fitting in well. Certainly seemed like a popular member of the group, all the players joining in joking about on camera.

Archived