IGNORED

Referee last night

Coin-op

4 hours ago, phantom said:

I recall it Phantom but it's merely a claim by LJ that he had a telephone call acknowledging an error in one game

Not quite the same as the claim

Sorry but seven letters of apology  not having that for a second 

You keep swallowing RR Maybe you'd like to explain how the post article even begins to justify your belief - but then it's you.....

Enough said 

:laughcont:

I looked straight at the ref and he hadn't given the decision. He looked over immediately at the lino, who I thought hadn't given any signal whatsoever. It seemed to me that the ref looked at the lino to make the call, saw nothing, so gave it himself. 

I thought it was rather odd. But given Portland Bill's comment, perhaps the running to the corner was the signal (or they talked on the mic). 

Either way, it was not evident that the lino had made the call and the delay from the ref suggested he was looking for help. 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I recall it Phantom but it's merely a claim by LJ that he had a telephone call acknowledging an error in one game

Not quite the same as the claim

Sorry but seven letters of apology  not having that for a second 

You keep swallowing RR Maybe you'd like to explain how the post article even begins to justify your belief - but then it's you.....

Enough said 

:laughcont:

Sorry BBSB, but this is one of the paragraphs lower in the article.

"We always get feedback from the assessors and that is ninth occasion this season that I’ve had somebody tell me we’ve been unfortunate with a decision that has gone against us."

If, as of the Burton game, there had been 9 occasions where such feedback had been recieved, it isn't that implausible that the 7 letters of apology is true.

I also think LJ had mentions getting letters of apology earlier in the season (obviously a lower amount). I may be wrong, but think it was referenced in the weeks after the Reading away game.

Regardless of any letters, the standard of refereeing last season as a whole was nothing short of disgraceful.

I accept it isn't an easy job, but there is no exaggeration when I say I regularly see a better standard of refereeing at Western League/Southern League. There are bad ones at that level too of course, but at least the bad ones are consistant!

It shouldn't be the case that the refereeing standard in the 2nd tier is worse than in the 8th/9th

Archived