IGNORED

City v Stoke. Player ratings (not the Post's!)

The Exiled Robin

Having seen the pathetic, low-effort ratings and comments in the 'official' local media option last night, I thought I'd do my own.

Make of it what you will

http://exiledrobin.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/bristol-city-2-stoke-city-0-exiled.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheExiledRobin+(The+Exiled+Robin)&m=1

In addition to Crouch's handshake with Aden when subbed, I also noticed that Lee Grant turned to the South Stand as the whistle blew for time and clapped his hands in our direction.

Perhaps some of the old values remain where the defeated acknowledge the victors and the victors do not denigrate the losers. 

I dont normally read newspapers, but in a coffee shop at the moment and there was a copy of The Times in there for people to read.

Went to the back, not expecting more than a passing mention, but there was a complimentary article on the inside cover, which we shared with the Liverpool and Tottenham games.

The ratings they gave our players were (imo) a bit harsh.

Steele- 6

Vyner- 6

Flint- 7

Hegeler- 6

Magnússon- 7

Eliasson- 6

Pack- 7

Brownhill- 7

O'Dowda- 7

Diedhiou- 7

Taylor- 8

The Stoke side had 3 7's, 4 6's, 3 5's and one 8 (their GK)

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I dont normally read newspapers, but in a coffee shop at the moment and there was a copy of The Times in there for people to read.

Went to the back, not expecting more than a passing mention, but there was a complimentary article on the inside cover, which we shared with the Liverpool and Tottenham games.

Steele- 6

Vyner- 6

Flint- 7

Hegeler- 6

Magnússon- 7

Eliasson- 6

Pack- 7

Brownhill- 7

O'Dowda- 7

Diedhiou- 7

Taylor- 8

Interesting they broadly got the same as me in terms of who played better than the others, perhaps just used to seeing even more quality from the Premier League, had them all 1-2 points lower.

11 minutes ago, The Exiled Robin said:

Interesting they broadly got the same as me in terms of who played better than the others, perhaps just used to seeing even more quality from the Premier League, had them all 1-2 points lower.

Yeah, I agree with who got the higher ratings, but think if you raised everyones point by one it would have been a better representation.

They were quite flattering about us, though called Diedhiou "inept" after he missed the one on one early on (for context line was roughly "a soft back pass by the inept Wimmer, but Stoke were let off as the equally inept Diedhiou's shot was saved by Grant)

At the same time, if written by a neutral there wont be the boost that our natural bias would give.

36 minutes ago, The Exiled Robin said:

45 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Steele- 6

Vyner- 6

Flint- 7

Hegeler- 6

Magnússon- 7

Eliasson- 6

Pack- 7

Brownhill- 7

O'Dowda- 7

Diedhiou- 7

Taylor- 8

Good write up which I read earlier which made it very clear that we were worthy winners.

2 hours ago, The Exiled Robin said:

Having seen the pathetic, low-effort ratings and comments in the 'official' local media option last night, I thought I'd do my own.

Make of it what you will

http://exiledrobin.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/bristol-city-2-stoke-city-0-exiled.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed:+TheExiledRobin+(The+Exiled+Robin)&m=1

I've got to say that you've got your ratings absolutely spot on.

This is mine

Luke Steele-7- Made some great saves on his debut and didn't look like conceding.

Zak Vyner-6- Kept Ramadan Sobhi quiet just a bit too steady to get a 7.

Aden Flint-8-Controlled the defence well and a great header in the build up to Diedhious goal

Jens Hegeler-8- Comfortable  on the ball, strong on the ball and some great tackles

Hörður Magnussen-7- Kept Choupo-Moting quiet and made some great passes.

Niclas Eliasson-7- Put in some great crosses and corners however his decision making was at times questionable.

Marlon Pack-7- Controlled the midfield and made some great tackles.

Callum O'Dowda-8- incredible performance drew so many fouls from Adam, Johnson and co. Worked ever so hard aswell.

Famara Diédhiou-9- My MOTM hold up play was very impressive, won a lot of headers incl. the assist for Taylor's goal and reacted well to get his goal.

Matty Taylor-8- Great to see him back and working hard again. Maybe should've scored in the first half but well taken 2nd goal and was unlucky with the first goal where he hit the post.

Subs

Joe Bryan-7- Ran down the left well and was a pain for Stoke in the last 15.

Bobby Reid-6- Looked lively but didn't make too much of an impact.

Korey Smith-n/a- only played 3 mins

Archived