IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Bolton Wanderers Match Day Thread 10

44 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

What'as supposed to have quotedattemptin someone who earlier said thank god for Callum. I was amused. Sorry it caused you to lose your shit.

As others have pointed out I was merely attempting to parody, and provoke, the tendency of OTIB to descend Into fish puns. Still, no offence haken.

Edited by Porto Red
  • Like 1

FT 2-0. For me a largely very frustrating game, only able to relax after the 2nd went in. COD on the RHS really didn't work as although he saw a lot of the ball, not once was he able to cross without having to cut-in to get it on his left. He switched to LHS for last 10 mins of 1st half and contributed to our opening goal from that side.

Still 3 points is what it is all about, we will need to pass the ball much better up against Ipswich for sure.

Comfortable really. Not great, not sublime, but never I suppose going to be that kind of game. It is three points, it is a clean sheet, and that will do.

Bolton will end this run at some stage, we made sure it was not tonight. All we could do.

Ipswich will be a real benchmark now. 17 points in the bag is pretty darned good right now however.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

FT 2-0. For me a largely very frustrating game, only able to relax after the 2nd went in. COD on the RHS really didn't work as although he saw a lot of the ball, not once was he able to cross without having to cut-in to get it on his left. He switched to LHS for last 10 mins of 1st half and contributed to our opening goal from that side.

Still 3 points is what it is all about, we will need to pass the ball much better up against Ipswich for sure.

Thought he bossed it 2nd half, never really likely to have Wright on the overlap and although mostly on his left got a fair few decent balls into the box and had a few good shots himself. 

13 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Ipswich get five. Tough game on Saturday!

12 minutes ago, RichardEdd said:

Wouldn't like to be the team that has to go to Ipswich next! 5-2 up!

For the most part this season Ipswich have been extremely clinical, while not actually creating masses of chances.

Essentially, it won't last.

Someone will bring 'em down with a bump, no reason that couldn't be us.

• Like 1

As I said earlier I always thought tonight was going to be about the result and not the performance.

But that said I don’t think a slow build up type style against the Bolton’s and Millwall’s is the best tactics and i'm sure not what LJ expected, IMO, the Barnsley performance is what is required.

Fielding 7 not a lot to do.

Wright 7 improving in the right back role.

Flint 6 a couple of silly fouls but steady and another goal.

Baker 9 best defender at the club, if he has an injury free season I can see prem clubs will be knocking on our door?.

Bryan 9 last season he was the player being knocked off of the ball, this season he is so strong opponents just bounce off of him. MOM.

O’Dowda 7 the 2 times he turned up on the left in the first half he delivered the cross for the goal and drew the red card tackle, better 2nd half but not a right winger.

Pack 5 his strengths are his ball winning and he cannot be faulted for that, but he could not possibly have slowed things down any more if he tried and once more please keep him away from free kicks.

Smith 8 back to his best, always covering both full backs when they are caught upfield, always available and great engine, we need to keep him fit.

Patterson 5 poor night, achieved very little, caught offside too many times rightly substituted.

Reid 6 always a nuisance and great at winning the ball back, but needs to cut the little tricks out.

Diedhiou 7 great position for his goal, had a better 2nd half but I say again he needs to be stronger at times.

LJ 8 not his fault the slow plodding display, substitutes were about right, I think Patterson needs a rest.

Eliasson 8 bright little cameo, probably the best crosser at the club.

Taylor 6 kept their defence busy.

Woodrow 6 was ok.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Sunderland, according to some of their fans will be extraordinarily lucky to avoid administration.. in fact they say they will be lucky if that is all it is. 140 million in debt. Shambles.

FT.. good solid win by City.

Well done lads.

talkin' of stuff North East, RIP Freddie Shepherd.... a man who put his money where his mouth and heart led him.... Newcastle United, Alan Shearer etc. The profits at the local lapdancing bars will take a severe hit

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

As I said earlier I always thought tonight was going to be about the result and not the performance.

But that said I don’t think a slow build up type style against the Bolton’s and Millwall’s is the best tactics and i'm sure not what LJ expected, IMO, the Barnsley performance is what is required.

Fielding 7 not a lot to do.

Wright 7 improving in the right back role.

Flint 6 a couple of silly fouls but steady and another goal.

Baker 9 best defender at the club, if he has an injury free season I can see prem clubs will be knocking on our door?.

Bryan 9 last season he was the player being knocked off of the ball, this season he is so strong opponents just bounce off of him. MOM.

O’Dowda 7 the 2 times he turned up on the left in the first half he delivered the cross for the goal and drew the red card tackle, better 2nd half but not a right winger.

Pack 5 his strengths are his ball winning and he cannot be faulted for that, but he could not possibly have slowed things down any more if he tried and once more please keep him away from free kicks.

Smith 8 back to his best, always covering both full backs when they are caught upfield, always available and great engine, we need to keep him fit.

Patterson 5 poor night, achieved very little, caught offside too many times rightly substituted.

Reid 6 always a nuisance and great at winning the ball back, but needs to cut the little tricks out.

Diedhiou 7 great position for his goal, had a better 2nd half but I say again he needs to be stronger at times.

LJ 8 not his fault the slow plodding display, substitutes were about right, I think Patterson needs a rest.

Eliasson 8 bright little cameo, probably the best crosser at the club.

Taylor 6 kept their defence busy.

Woodrow 6 was ok.

That's being generous imo. He wasn't much better than Pack!

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

That's being generous imo. He wasn't much better than Pack!

Well 3 times in the last 10 minutes he made great last ditch tackles in the full back position because the full backs were attacking, always available and in space, I will concede that he too slowed the game down but I think that was inherent of the midfield display tonight.