IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Bolton Wanderers Match Day Thread 10

28 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Sunderland, according to some of their fans will be extraordinarily lucky to avoid administration.. in fact they say they will be lucky if that is all it is. 140 million in debt. Shambles.

FT.. good solid win by City.

Well done lads.

When they were searching for a new manager in the summer, the potential candidates were told that they had no money to spend and would have to slash the wage bill pretty much in half. That's why McInnes, Pearson and others turned them down. 

I think we could if won  more convincingly,  Its hard to know whether Bolton defended well or we didnt mix up our play enough?    Agree with what others have said some good inidivual perfomances but not functioning aswell as recent,  quite a slow tempo.

Its a shame Taylor and woodrow didnt come on earlier think we would of seen more goals.  im Not having a go the front two but boltons defence were knackered., I'm knit picking but i think at times fam and Bobby should try and link up more so we can counter faster.  Then again its early days and im sure It will get better with time.  

Still another 3 points in the bag!! 

Edited by miketh2nd

Glad to get another three points. We were quite laboured in our play at times, especially until the first goal. It seems like we struggle when teams come to AG to sit back and pack the defence. I thought O'Dowda was lively and was the pick of our attacking players. Eliasson looked tricky when he came on. 

Bolton looked very poor and dead certs for relegation. Fair play to their fans who made the trip (true supporters) but apart from Burton it's the smallest travelling support for a league match I've seen in quite a while. They very much seem to be a club in decline.

18 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Anybody else think COD has replaced Freeman as the player who runs a lot, works hard, but has questionable end product? 

Think I'd rather see COD on left as he is all left foot. On the right tonight, he was always cutting inside and going across the pitch rather than driving forwards outside his marker to cross from the byline.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Anybody else think COD has replaced Freeman as the player who runs a lot, works hard, but has questionable end product? 

He needs to release his passes earlier - not sure the point of dribbling from one touchline to the other wing either, in the time it takes him the opposition defence have regained their shape and we have gained nothing a quick pass could not accomplish.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Yes I do after tonight. So much talent, pace and strength but sadly lacking with his final pass or shot.

A dull game but I'll take the three points as it takes us nearer safety. Rest up boys and don't let Ipswich get too cocky.