IGNORED

Leeds game

Jmlw123

Give it a go and bollocks to them. I've got 4 season tickets. Adult, U19 and 2 kids. Paid for in full.

Thing is due to circumstances it's more often than not just me. Do I get a refund or the chance to pass them around? Easy answer. Nope.

And when I do take the kids neither us nor the stewards are fussed if the wrong one uses the wrong ticket.

Give it a go and good luck.

48 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah, I know you’re right really - but I doubt there’s anyone on here without sin that could cast the first stone! 

I’m sure most of us have played the system with similar things like this at some point - but probably had the common sense not to post it on a widely read (also by Club officials) and fairly grown up forum.

It's also very different, using your scenario... I couldn't give a toss about the London Underground system, they make a fortune and I'm certainly no "supporter" of theirs. 

At Bristol City, we all want a successful club & team, that takes a lot of money and we, as supporters, are part of that. 

If SL is prepared to invest vast sums of his own wealth in my club, then the least I can do is contribute my little bit by buying a ticket. 

43 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I got refused with an U19 ticket for Plymouth despite being 17, got in in the end but the club are tight on this especially with match tickets

Good. Glad to hear it. 

In fairness, if the club are slack on it, then they are asking for it to be abused. I'd be happy to hear that they refused entry & banned anyone who tried to enter the ground on a dileberate ticket scam. 

26 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's also very different, using your scenario... I couldn't give a toss about the London Underground system, they make a fortune and I'm certainly no "supporter" of theirs. 

Interesting - surely you could apply exactly the same thought in your paragraphs below to the underground. Doesn’t really matter if you ‘give a toss’ or not - the underground can only be a better system if it has money.

I know I haven’t got the moral high ground here, but I just think the POTD prices for young people are high and lots of people getting on their high horse as if they’ve never played the system before.

At Bristol City, we all want a successful club & team, that takes a lot of money and we, as supporters, are part of that. 

If SL is prepared to invest vast sums of his own wealth in my club, then the least I can do is contribute my little bit by buying a ticket. 

45 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting - surely you could apply exactly the same thought in your paragraphs below to the underground. Doesn’t really matter if you ‘give a toss’ or not - the underground can only be a better system if it has money.

I know I haven’t got the moral high ground here, but I just think the POTD prices for young people are high and lots of people getting on their high horse as if they’ve never played the system before.

I'm not sure what your obsession with the underground is. Thinking about it, no, I don't think I have gone on it for free anyway. 

It's not really difficult, we have age catagories. If they are over the younger age groups, then buy an adult ticket. Simple. 

18 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm not sure what your obsession with the underground is. Thinking about it, no, I don't think I have gone on it for free anyway. 

Not an ‘obsession with the underground’ (that bit made me laugh though!) just an example of another service where sometimes you have the opportunity to cheat the system if you want.

It's not really difficult, we have age catagories. If they are over the younger age groups, then buy an adult ticket. Simple. 

Well - you are right, I’ve never tried to claim any sort of moral victory here. I just don’t really mind a few young lads getting in for a reduced rate, the POTD adult prices are too high.

4 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Give it a go and bollocks to them. I've got 4 season tickets. Adult, U19 and 2 kids. Paid for in full.

Thing is due to circumstances it's more often than not just me. Do I get a refund or the chance to pass them around? Easy answer. Nope.

And when I do take the kids neither us nor the stewards are fussed if the wrong one uses the wrong ticket.

Give it a go and good luck.

@Bar BS3 what's rubbish? You've never ever tried it on or got something for nothing?

Interestingly a young 'un tried it on tonight. The light flashed the wrong colour and the steward asked to see his ticket!

Me? I sat on my own letting my 3 tickets go to waste......

3 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

@Bar BS3 what's rubbish? You've never ever tried it on or got something for nothing?

Interestingly a young 'un tried it on tonight. The light flashed the wrong colour and the steward asked to see his ticket!

Me? I sat on my own letting my 3 tickets go to waste......

Good, I'm glad they pulled the lad up who was not using the correct ticket. 

No, I've never ticket scammed the club that I support and never will. 

I cant believe that some people are actually condoning it, let alone admitting to do it! 

I wonder if they are amongst the more vocal when it comes to expecting decent signings..?! 

10 hours ago, Jmlw123 said:

Just a bit of a general question, me and a few of my mates are going to the leeds game, I haven't been to the stadium in a while as ive moved away and used to also work on a saturday until recently. Just wanted to know how tight the security are on the "under" ticket prices, we're all 22 & 23 and we can make a lot of saving by buying the "under 22", we're not trying to con the stadium or staff but just think considering the seats that are left its mad that they dont slightly reduce prices to get a sell out. If we were to buy these tickets would we be ID'd or anything? 

You're Leeds, and you know you are, you're Leeds and you know you are.......:clapping:

thanks for the replies, just genuinely wanted to see the opinion, i know I can be seen as a tight git but when the only seats left are some of the worst it would be good of the club just to slightly reduce the price to see a full capacity, but thats just my opinion, anyway thanks for the replies.

17 hours ago, Shtanley said:

IMO you'll be sound. I know people who go in on u18 tickets every week for a 5er and they're a few years older than that

Says it all don't it, cheating the club out of revenue, to watch a championship game,pay appropriate price for your age,this is probably why city charge extra "fee", when buying tkts,

17 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Good, I'm glad they pulled the lad up who was not using the correct ticket. 

No, I've never ticket scammed the club that I support and never will. 

I cant believe that some people are actually condoning it, let alone admitting to do it! 

I wonder if they are amongst the more vocal when it comes to expecting decent signings..?! 

Not just the club.

Anyone or anything? Ever been to the self serve aisle and not scanned in a bag?

Or said you had 2 chocolate twists when you had 3? :blink:

13 hours ago, Jmlw123 said:

thanks for the replies, just genuinely wanted to see the opinion, i know I can be seen as a tight git but when the only seats left are some of the worst it would be good of the club just to slightly reduce the price to see a full capacity, but thats just my opinion, anyway thanks for the replies.

You actually make a good point here.  That issue stopped me going to a few games over the last few years, though I have a SC for this year (adult of course ) :)

6 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Not just the club.

Anyone or anything? Ever been to the self serve aisle and not scanned in a bag?

Or said you had 2 chocolate twists when you had 3? :blink:

I don't support the local supermarket, give a toss if they thrive or have an emotional attachment to it. 

15 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

They may offer it for sale at £2 a throw but they don't insist that you buy it. The choice is yours.

I only wanted some tap water for the medication I'm on, shame they couldn't show some good customer service instead of insisting that if I wanted water I'd have to buy it at £2 a pop

2 hours ago, harrys said:

I only wanted some tap water for the medication I'm on, shame they couldn't show some good customer service instead of insisting that if I wanted water I'd have to buy it at £2 a pop

That, I believe is a customer service training issue. I think that an outlet serving either alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages cannot deny a request for tap water.

On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 13:01, Jmlw123 said:

Just a bit of a general question, me and a few of my mates are going to the leeds game, I haven't been to the stadium in a while as ive moved away and used to also work on a saturday until recently. Just wanted to know how tight the security are on the "under" ticket prices, we're all 22 & 23 and we can make a lot of saving by buying the "under 22", we're not trying to con the stadium or staff but just think considering the seats that are left its mad that they dont slightly reduce prices to get a sell out. If we were to buy these tickets would we be ID'd or anything? 

Probably best if you do not wear your Leeds shirt and scarf, the stewards won't like that either.

18 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't support the local supermarket, give a toss if they thrive or have an emotional attachment to it. 

Aha. Selective morals. Great.

If I felt the club I've got an emotional attachment had the same feelings for me or even an iota of it I'd feel different.

As it is they don't give a shit. Haven't for donkey's years. 

All's fair in love and war. BCFC is no different to any other organisation. 

If OP wants to try it on with one of the season tickets I've paid for then if any of them are available for the Leeds game he's welcome to PM me.

25 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Aha. Selective morals. Great.

If I felt the club I've got an emotional attachment had the same feelings for me or even an iota of it I'd feel different.

As it is they don't give a shit. Haven't for donkey's years. 

All's fair in love and war. BCFC is no different to any other organisation. 

If OP wants to try it on with one of the season tickets I've paid for then if any of them are available for the Leeds game he's welcome to PM me.

Aren't selective morals better than no morals..?

At best he's a ***** for ripping the club off. At worst he's committing fraud. 

If you want to encourage that, then shame on you and I hope we never see posts from you on here, complaining about the quality of players at our disposal or lack of spending on any other area of the club. 

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If you want to encourage that, then shame on you and I hope we never see posts from you on here, complaining about the quality of players at our disposal or lack of spending on any other area of the club. 

0BF079BF-0924-4F2D-BD90-B9D9A1C949A7.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Bollocks. You really think ticket revenue finances players?

That goes to SL/any other investor as a partial return on the investment :whistle:

And you didn't pay for all those carrier bags did you? :blink:

Archived