IGNORED

QPR v Fulham

AppyDAZE

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I went to QPR one Tuesday night when they'd installed a plastic pitch. The ball bounced as high as a house. We lost 5-0, I think.

I was at that game, must have been the early 80's, like you say the ball bounced higher than I've ever seen. QPR seriously had a home advantage in those days on that pitch!.

12 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Says a lot when you watch a decent game like that and think that we wouldn't be troubled by either and that every player on that pitch would find it very difficult to get into our starting eleven.

Agree, but didn't think it was decent tbh. Exciting but serious lack of quality 

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Am I dreaming, or did the commentator say that Matt Smith is now a part time footballer, whilst also being a doctor??

Nearly right but they were talking about his dad who apparently was a decent footballer at a reasonable level as well as a practicing doctor. He chose his medical career as it offered better prospects.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Poor side QPR  , think they could be fighting against the drop. 

I agree. I liked Luke Freeman when he played for us - especially in our promotion season when I thought that he was our player of the season but he was just ONE of our playmakers. For QPR he's THE playmaker and everything goes through him. IMO he's unlikely to be able to sustain that responsibility for the whole season. They'll struggle, I think.

31 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Nearly right but they were talking about his dad who apparently was a decent footballer at a reasonable level as well as a practicing doctor. He chose his medical career as it offered better prospects.

Thanks Rudolph, I was reading this forum whilst half watching/ listening to the game. 

4 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

:grr: last minute goals are doing my head in!! £150 for Fulham to win 2-0!!

Man Utd cost me £340 midweek by conceding in the last minute!!

Lots and lots of goals scored in the dying embers of a match.. It's a mugs game betting on a score. Back in the day I had a flutter on offsides... There were two seasons when the big betting names offered it and if you chose the right match, not so difficult with a bit of research, I won nearly every time. They closed that bet soon thereafter as I am sure they lost big time. Always look for the obscure bet hidden away... Usually are for a reason.

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Lots and lots of goals scored in the dying embers of a match.. It's a mugs game betting on a score. Back in the day I had a flutter on offsides... There were two seasons when the big betting names offered it and if you chose the right match, not so difficult with a bit of research, I won nearly every time. They closed that bet soon thereafter as I am sure they lost big time. Always look for the obscure bet hidden away... Usually are for a reason.

I think the offside betting was stopped because of the match fixing, it’s easy for someone to keep going offside for a fee because it doesn’t require any other players help.

As for scores, I shouldn’t really complain I’ve made a fair wack already this season.

Archived