IGNORED

The Official 'I don't really watch England any more, but I'm kind of, sort of, maybe watching/following England v Slovenia but only ironically/so I can moan about how bad we are/because I'm a glutton for punishment Match day Thread.

BCFC Rich

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Winks, Livermore, Henderson, none of them good enough for international football but that's how far we've fallen. If we were a premier league side we'd be West Brom or Stoke 

Which is why we need to stop picking promising kids and pick blokes.   Let the kids learn in the under 21s etc out of the main spotlight and move into the main team when they are ready as opposed to being picked because everyone is crying out for the new Gazza / Shearer / Bobby Moore

3 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Which is why we need to stop picking promising kids and pick blokes.   Let the kids learn in the under 21s etc out of the main spotlight and move into the main team when they are ready as opposed to being picked because everyone is crying out for the new Gazza / Shearer / Bobby Moore

Totally agree but the trouble is we've got no depth whatsoever. Southgate said it earlier this week ,some of them don't deserve to be in the squad. We really are in a mess

11 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Sorry but I do get annoyed how quickly players who look promising or half decent are picked for England.  It's completely counter productive given our lack of playing resources.  Winks is a squad player for Spurs.  That Wimmer was last season and he looked absolutely shocking against us.

For example, Ross Barkley missed probably 30 England under 21 appearances and 2 Under 21 tournaments so he could be a member of the full squad.  If he'd been kept down in the under 21s longer, he'd have far better experience and I suspect be in a better position in his career.  Instead, he was the new Gazza / Rooney /  Bobby Charlton after a handful of games and was picked too young. 

Watch Winks.  Quality player.  Just put him in I say. And maybe Tom Davies of Everton.  By the time the next Euros come around they would have played 20 games. Instead he picks players who have already failed. 

Wimmer's ability has nothing to do with Winks. Unfortunately for him he has incredible players like Dembele ahead of him for Spurs but that shouldnt detract from how good he is and he is exactly the type of player that England need.  Our 2nd best player is Rashford so age shouldnt be a barrier either

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Totally agree but the trouble is we've got no depth whatsoever. Southgate said it earlier this week ,some of them don't deserve to be in the squad. We really are in a mess

I thought that was poor.  Not heard Michael O'Neill complain about lack of resources.  He simply makes the best of what he has.  He should make a point and pick some Championship players.  That would put the cat amongst the proverbial.

3 minutes ago, The Bard said:

I thought that was poor.  Not heard Michael O'Neill complain about lack of resources.  He simply makes the best of what he has.  He should make a point and pick some Championship players.  That would put the cat amongst the proverbial.

Massive difference in pool of players to choose from, or there was. Ten years ago we had three  of the best central midfielders in europe , Scoles, Gerrard, Lampard but the **** sven had to play the massively overratted Beckham. Now look at us , the most talented English midfielder is Jack Wilshire who got glass ankles. 

12 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Massive difference in pool of players to choose from, or there was. Ten years ago we had three  of the best central midfielders in europe , Scoles, Gerrard, Lampard but the **** sven had to play the massively overratted Beckham. Now look at us , the most talented English midfielder is Jack Wilshire who got glass ankles. 

Sure it is just an oversight, but Sven stepped down after the 2006 finals, and Scholes retired from international football in 2004, so not sure what either has to do with our central midfield in 2007... 

3 minutes ago, myol'man said:

State of that pitch mind. Sold out to the NFL 

That's one of the more annoying things, they should stipulate that the NFL can't have dates X weeks before an England match to allow the pitch to recover. 

I can't remember the last time I watched an England match, they are as dull and uninspiring as the managers have been.

The Premier League is fast attacking football, the England set up is just dull slow backwards and sideways crap. I see Joe Hart has still managed to con another appearance, amazing how this continues to happen. A lot of promise when he was younger but has never gotten any better. Should have been dropped years ago after being crap tournament after tournament.

11 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Sure it is just an oversight, but Sven stepped down after the 2006 finals, and Scholes retired from international football in 2004, so not sure what either has to do with our central midfield in 2007... 

I'm on about the Sven era rather than specific dates Mr pedantic.

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I ******* hate watching England. Does anyone else think that at some point, we'll get so sick of the PL prima donnas that we'll have an England side made up mostly of Championship players? They'd care a lot more I'd imagine.

Totally agree absolutely no excitement watching england love to see lower league players with a bit of heart playing. Uninspiring team selection Hart, Henderson Cahill must have something on Southgate 

Archived