IGNORED

Owls again talking about LJ as their next manager

Nuno Gomes

24 minutes ago, spudski said:

Would you say the same thing as you post....to the face of the person you are posting about? That's how I try to think now.

Absolutely the right standard imo.

In our case, how many who have posted personal abuse of LJ or made uncorrobarated accusations against him would say it to his face?

Where were they at the Q&A, when they could have expressed their views and presented their evidence?

If you can't back up what you are saying and can't be respectful when being critical then exercise some self discipline.

26 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Absolutely the right standard imo.

In our case, how many who have posted personal abuse of LJ or made uncorrobarated accusations against him would say it to his face?

Where were they at the Q&A, when they could have expressed their views and presented their evidence?

If you can't back up what you are saying and can't be respectful when being critical then exercise some self discipline.

I've been guilty of it in the past...it's easily done. However...I have confronted a previous manager in the past, and asked him certain uncomfortable questions in a polite way.

11 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not sure there are many replacements who’d buy into what the club is doing and work within our structure personally. Not many of the conventional ‘managers’ that are on the circuit anyway.

If/when he does go - especially if he’s poached - I wouldn’t be surprised to see an internal promotion and McAllister to take over. 

Words like head, nail and hitting come to mind

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Has Carvalhal gone then? I missed that.

Not yet, but as they lost yesterday to a side that hadn't won a league game, were hammered at home by Sheff U recently and apparently their support spent the whole of the second half yesterday chanting for him to be sacked, it's not looking good, is it?

3 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Erm... I live here and it's lovely. Lots of similarities with Bristol actually, but much cheaper and more greenery

So button it you

I thought the council was chopping down all the trees, Chip?  Or did Countryfile lie to me! :ranting:

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

I thought the council was chopping down all the trees, Chip?  Or did Countryfile lie to me! :ranting:

Technically it's not the council, it's their contractor Amey. And it's an absolutely disgraceful situation. But we still have lots and lots of trees up here. 

Countryfile will never lie to you Robbo

I think if LJ left now he'd be shooting himself in the foot, after all the support he's had from the board and owner he'd be showing a real lack of respect to move to a club that is technically in no better position than and a squad he's not built. I don't think they'd support him through an 11 games without a win run and then he'd be looking for a new job with a reputation as someone willing to turn his back on a board/owner for a small "upgrade".

I think LJ has built what he wants here, now he's at that point where he can really push on, to leave now would be like cooking a gourmet meal for yourself and then just as it finishes cooking going out and getting a burger from the dodgy burger van.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Not yet, but as they lost yesterday to a side that hadn't won a league game, were hammered at home by Sheff U recently and apparently their support spent the whole of the second half yesterday chanting for him to be sacked, it's not looking good, is it?

We all know chairman listen to and respect the fans wishes . 

:yes:

Archived