IGNORED

Complimentary Tickets

wendyredredrobin

How many of these are in circulation for games? Some people always seem to be able to get hold of these and they are in decent seats too.  I know that the players always got a few, but how about the rest of the staff and non squad players, etc as well as corporate freebees.  My question is how many spectators at the game are not actually paying?

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

How many of these are in circulation for games? Some people always seem to be able to get hold of these and they are in decent seats too.  I know that the players always got a few, but how about the rest of the staff and non squad players, etc as well as corporate freebees.  My question is how many spectators at the game are not actually paying?

1% is the norm at most clubs. 

So circa 200 then?  Between how many staff?  Strange that the players seem to have plenty.  They are not in poor areas of the ground either.

I would have thought that the paying public should get decent seats, whilst the freebies should be down in rows 1 and 2.

I supposs the players cant sell them, but I bet they get benefits in kind. Presumably not a taxable perk either.

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

So circa 200 then?  Between how many staff?  Strange that the players seem to have plenty.  They are not in poor areas of the ground either.

I would have thought that the paying public should get decent seats, whilst the freebies should be down in rows 1 and 2.

I supposs the players cant sell them, but I bet they get benefits in kind. Presumably not a taxable perk either.

Most clubs give a player 2 season tickets, so that would account for say 60/70. Then there is Directors and Guests, prob circa 50. They then have an allocation for prizes, promotions and compensation and schools and so on. 1% the norm, but I suspect we give anywhere between 200 and 300 away.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Nice seats in the back of the lower west stand, so Im told by a couple of people who have bagged some for Saturday. I shan't reveal the source though so as not to embarrass the member of staff.

Those aren't the usual area for general comp tickets. You can pay the difference and upgrade if there are seats available in other blocks. 

I once got a pair of complimentary tickets from my wife's workmate. Her husband worked for a company that sponsored City in some way for that season and had numerous free passes for the Grandstand - from memory about 8. 

Turned out he was an ardent Rovers fan yet through his workplace could watch City games for free whenever he wanted - usually when it was a big match - and of course supporting the opposition. Galling to say the least.

The game the complimentary tickets became available? The infamous Wolves 1-6 defeat, bad enough without the Rovers fan a few seats away looking thoroughly smug throughout. Never again.

6 hours ago, palmerred said:

Most clubs give a player 2 season tickets, so that would account for say 60/70. Then there is Directors and Guests, prob circa 50. They then have an allocation for prizes, promotions and compensation and schools and so on. 1% the norm, but I suspect we give anywhere between 200 and 300 away.

Don`t the away team get some too - I `ve bagged comps off various players at away games in the past. Hartlepool away in the cup years ago I don`t think anyone paid to get in there were so many floating around.

Archived