IGNORED

Damage in the away end

Yipikiaye

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting - I don't agree with banning people for such things. Total overkill in my opinion.

I just hope someone invents a safe solution. Imagine that on Dragon's Den - some geezer walks in wearing Stone Island and Adidas Gazelles - pulls out a smoke bomb and lets it off whilst singing "I'm forever blowing bubbles" :clapping:

I tend to agree. From memory, it was only 1 individual at Sunderland - an isolated incident. But I imagine they want to nip things in the bud. There might be a few problems if 100s started raining down onto the pitch.

Sat down in w11 for this one as I had brought a non-footy fan mate along for the experience.  Saw a couple of Leeds fans need medical treatment after injuring each other during their celebrations after goal 1.  They also hurt an old steward when one of them dived over the barrier.  In general though I thought they were quite well behaved.  For them.

19 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting - I don't agree with banning people for such things. Total overkill in my opinion.

I just hope someone invents a safe solution. Imagine that on Dragon's Den - some geezer walks in wearing Stone Island and Adidas Gazelles - pulls out a smoke bomb and lets it off whilst singing "I'm forever blowing bubbles" :clapping:

That would make me watch the programme for once!  :laughcont:

In Germany, they have little fire bucket things at the back of the stands and stewards actually help fans let off flares from there. Vorsprung durch technik.

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

That would make me watch the programme for once!  :laughcont:

In Germany, they have little fire bucket things at the back of the stands and stewards actually help fans let off flares from there. Vorsprung durch technik.

Germany have got the fan side of things sorted. Cheap tickets, safe standing, massive attendances and sensible solutions to things like pyro. I would love this country to get to that level..

5 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

I'm with the club on this. If you wanted a ticket in the unreserved section, buy 1 like the rest of us did . 

Not as simple as that when there's only around 1000 tickets available.. Even then the area has been undersold by the club which showed today, it seemed bloody empty in there which, along with the game, added to a shite atmosphere. There's been no problems in s82 all season aside from a few smoke bombs on the opening day. So I found that heavy handed approach to our own fans disgusting.

11 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Not as simple as that when there's only around 1000 tickets available.. Even then the area has been undersold by the club which showed today, it seemed bloody empty in there which, along with the game, added to a shite atmosphere. There's been no problems in s82 all season aside from a few smoke bombs on the opening day. So I found that heavy handed approach to our own fans disgusting.

No , it really is that simple. 

2 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I thought the relaxed attitude towards standing and the unallocated seating meant they club were obliged to undersell those blocks.

11 hours ago, Yipikiaye said:

I spoke to a ashton gate steward this evening only briefly , told me there’s damage in the away end today by Leeds fans . Anybody see what happened ? Also what happens can the club claim cost of repairs against Leeds . 

Leeds will have the cost with video evidence, im sure, that's what happened when Millwall damaged away dressing room,Leeds will be held responsible for there fans actions, 

17 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Really?  It's not the (Leeds) clubs fault, surely they'd have to take action against the individual(s) responsible.  If it was in the dressing room and it was Leeds employees I'd expect them to pay, but a club cannot be responsible for the actions of its fans.

Why not

16 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Where would it stop?  In a ground? Enroute?  At the pub the night before?  Surely individuals are responsible for their own actions.

Of course they are. Same applies to those who threw the smoke bombs/flares, though LUFC's owner has tweeted that the club will be fined for their actions. It's the individuals committing the acts who should be identified, prosecuted and banned if necessary.

Archived