IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Crystal Palace FC in the Carabao Cup match day thread 13

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, Tears in rain said:

He does pressure players well and yes he did just give that foul away but it’s nice to see him wanting to tackle people. 

When hes 100% again it should be a major boost for us. 

Sako seemed to start out attacking down that side but then swapped. I really want mags to get a chance but Sako does seem to have the beating of him at the moment. I'd have a word with mags half time and see if he improves otherwise bring Patts or Eliasson on and drop JB back.

Funny old game.

In fairness, Palace seem to have an extra gear and were created chances, we were second best. However, we then worked out they defend worse than us! Going to be difficult to keep them out for the second half, but given ourselves a real shout.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Funny old game.

In fairness, Palace seem to have an extra gear and were created chances, we were second best. However, we then worked out they defend worse than us! Going to be difficult t keep them out for the second half, but given ourselves a real shout.

We got a few midfield players dropping back and it really helped. The goal we conceded and chances they had were from isolated defenders mainly. 

To be honest, bizarre performance from city. We've given them so much time and space. Deserved to be 1-0 down, and it was looking like it was only going to be more for Palace. 

Then a typical bottom of the table defensive mix up and a good finish from Matty to be fair. Đurić so strong - looks good. 

Hopefully palace heads will drop. But can't see this ending 2-1. I'll go for a hopeful 3-2 city.

Just got these replays on and Đurić is being manhandled for the second by Tomkins and then he absolutely powers him away from the ball and flops him on the floor 

He really has got the beating of his marker so far.

From a city defending perspective, we seemed to give them to much space to run into and they have some quick players wanting to utilise this. Maybe being over cautious to not get beat by the runs. Midfield wasn’t slotting in and now is so that is helping a bit more with regards to closing the gaps and solidifying us. 

Just now, Alex_BCFC said:

They've had both. 

Didnt look like it to me, looked like a bunch of under 18's playing against men, that Korean guy, looks like he'd get blown over in a strong wind, how the **** is he ever going to compete with our defenders like Flint?

Seriously, Palarse have always been a shit club for cockney chavs and degenerates 

5 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Sako seemed to start out attacking down that side but then swapped. I really want mags to get a chance but Sako does seem to have the beating of him at the moment. I'd have a word with mags half time and see if he improves otherwise bring Patts or Eliasson on and drop JB back.

Would take off Wright , put Mags at LCB where he should be.

To be honest, bizarre performance from city. We've given them so much time and space. Deserved to be 1-0 down, and it was looking like it was only going to be more for Palace. 

Then a typical bottom of the table defensive mix up and a good finish from Matty to be fair. Đurić so strong - looks good. 

Hopefully palace heads will drop. But can't see this ending 2-1. I'll go for a hopeful 3-2 city.

1 minute ago, Tears in rain said:

Just got these replays on and Đurić is being manhandled for the second by Tomkins and then he absolutely powers him away from the ball ans flops him on the floor 

He really has got the beating of his marker so far.

I really think that he needs to prove so much tonight........he's now got a chance so hope he takes it......could turn his season round

7 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

You can be outclassed with pace. They still created the chances. Our goals came from terrible defending, at no point have we bossed this.

Men against boys, all they have is pace. Pace is not enough against a team of hard nuts and proper footballers like we have.

Palarse first string is shit and so is their second string, stop fawning over them 

2 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Agree looks to be more goals in this game.

We have in fairness beaten more Premier league sides this season than they have...

Archived