IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

Just been on BBC Sport site and the game is on there as 19th , Tuesday. ManYoo play on the Sunday previous and on he Saturday evening. I would have thought they’d want a Wednesday to give them more time, but I guess it’s subject to change.

Sky haven’t stepped up yet though.

I think it's abhorrent you would want to price people out of supporting their local club. I'm not naive to football becoming more expensive but what you say flies in the face of 20 is plenty and all the good they are trying to achieve. 

13 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Pretty sure it's just incompetence.  There's not enough incentive to bother rigging anything in this competition.

You say that, but with all the “big” teams kept apart it opens up the possibility of two semi final derbies. Just saying like :whistle:

51 minutes ago, palmerred said:

I'm sure a lot of fans will disagree with me on this, but as a supporter who lives a long way away from Bristol I go to four or five home matches a season but about fifteen away,

i understand the chances of me getting a ticket for the Utd game will be slim, but having been there Tuesday there was loads of kids there, by me three kids in eye shot were playing on iPads during the game and it annoyed me a little.

if the club price it wrongly and offer more than one seat to ST holders and members were gonna have a ground full of members and season ticket holders taking kids for the first time in my eyes and for me this will deny a lot of fans who watch City year in year out a seat.

I hope the club price this around the £30 mark and do no concessions personally. This game should reward the fans who have been going for years on end and finally we get a big tie. This is not the game for first time fans who have not ever seen us play before.

Whilst I agree with you that kids on iPad are wasted seats... You can't penalise kids who actually watch the game..  and they're the future of our club!

13 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Annoyingly, this is spot on. It's going to be a scrum for tickets I fear. So frustrating. I wish the club had suspended membership sales in advance of the draw.

Applying sense is normally an after thought. 

2 minutes ago, Judda said:

Whilst I agree with you that kids on iPad are wasted seats... You can't penalise kids who actually watch the game..  and they're the future of our club!

Indeed. There are over 50 chances to watch city this year. 

Let's not get too upset for people who can't go to the only fixture they'd like to attend. 

26 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Pretty sure it's just incompetence.  There's not enough incentive to bother rigging anything in this competition.

There is for worldwide tv audiences if it’s two legged affairs in the semis (funny how this cup has kept them?) between the 2 manchester and 2 London clubs.  Now I wonder who could benefit from that? 

Who’s the sponsor again, oh yep the drinks company that almost no one in this country can actually buy their products but those in the Far East can.

:fear:

33 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What is our ' full strength ' team ? 

Who will be available at the time ? 

Indeed LJ should pick the team that he feels can win the match .

Sometimes throwing a youngster into the fray can pay off as they normally don't play with any fear and the opposition know diddly about them .

We will see . 

Well that is down to Lee Johnson  opinion, and of course injuries etc is going to affect team selection, but  sentiment and giving fringe players ago is not the way to go when you are in the quarter finals.

22 minutes ago, Nibor said:

They were not competent enough to flick the ‘on’ switch on the stream but they could record the draw and produce a polished, edited, nine minute video to tell us what we all missed in the time it took to fix the ‘technical issues’.  

Something doesn’t quite add up. 

13 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just been on BBC Sport site and the game is on there as 19th , Tuesday. ManYoo play on the Sunday previous and on he Saturday evening. I would have thought they’d want a Wednesday to give them more time, but I guess it’s subject to change.

Sky haven’t stepped up yet though.

Deffo be on Wednesday night.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

They were not competent enough to flick the ‘on’ switch on the stream but they could record the draw and produce a polished, edited, nine minute video to tell us what we all missed in the time it took to fix the ‘technical issues’.  

Am I right in thinking there are live streams via Twitter all the time? How come this one time it didn’t work? We’ll never get an honest answer but this definetely stinks like corruption of some sort, leaves the same taste as the end of the GGG v Carmelo fight.

dont get me wrong mind I’m very happy we finally got a big draw in a cup 

My daughter has been going to games now for 2 years or more and when she first went she would invariably get out a phone after 20-30 mins. Now further down the line at age 12 she is generally engrossed in the games and understanding of tactics and the importance of the game and furthermore calls herself a City fan to her friends down here.  If she does get her phone out it is to take videos and pics of the action (which is another debate!).

So in my opinion my friend you should take your short-sited glasses of and just chill about the ticket situation - what will be will be...

41 minutes ago, Vespa Red said:

I agree: do you put it on a whites wash, or mixed coloureds?

If your the FA dealing with the England ladies team, you send them to a laundrette to avoid any controversy.

Am I missing something. I'm a ST holder so not worried personally but we have what about 13000 season ticket holders, not sure members but I'd say no more than 2,000 that's 15,000 surely 10,000 will go on general sale, yes there will be very high demand but surely if your not a ST/Member there's still a good chance of getting a ticket? 

4 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Am I right in thinking there are live streams via Twitter all the time? How come this one time it didn’t work? We’ll never get an honest answer but this definetely stinks like corruption of some sort, leaves the same taste as the end of the GGG v Carmelo fight.

dont get me wrong mind I’m very happy we finally got a big draw in a cup 

I could stream right now to as many people in the world who would want to watch it, with nothing more than a mobile phone - yet in two hours they couldn’t get it going. 

It’s questionable at least and Carabao’s involvement has made the whole thing look an abolsute farce from start to finish. Teams drawn twice, teams drawn home and away in the same round, draws in Beijing while the whole of England sleeps, and now the latest fiasco....

26 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Annoyingly, this is spot on. It's going to be a scrum for tickets I fear. So frustrating. I wish the club had suspended membership sales in advance of the draw.

I'm a member and not worried in the slightest about being able to get a ticket. 

The club won't be stupid enough to suddenly allow thousands of new members to join and have the same priority as those of us who purchased at the start of the season and have attended games.

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It appears from the ongoing debacle of these draws that the only thing they’re incompetent in doing is fixing it convincingly.

28 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Yup, this one 

Person 1 - 'I've got a really itchy Clacker'
Person 2 - 'Hun, you slept with that man whore last week, you’ve probably got an SDT.'

Cougar paying for her shopping at the supermarket, spots very handsome young assistant,  gives him the glad eye and asks him if he would mind carry her shopping to her car.

As they are walking across the car park she says " just so you know,  I've got an itchy pussy".

The assistant replies " you better point it out then madam, because these Japanese cars look all the same to me"

Archived