IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

3 minutes ago, palmerred said:

I'm sure a lot of fans will disagree with me on this, but as a supporter who lives a long way away from Bristol I go to four or five home matches a season but about fifteen away,

i understand the chances of me getting a ticket for the Utd game will be slim, but having been there Tuesday there was loads of kids there, by me three kids in eye shot were playing on iPads during the game and it annoyed me a little.

if the club price it wrongly and offer more than one seat to ST holders and members were gonna have a ground full of members and season ticket holders taking kids for the first time in my eyes and for me this will deny a lot of fans who watch City year in year out a seat.

I hope the club price this around the £30 mark and do no concessions personally. This game should reward the fans who have been going for years on end and finally we get a big tie. This is not the game for first time fans who have not ever seen us play before.

This is just the most ridiculous suggestion. 

Selfishness at the highest level, I hope you miss out on a ticket tbh.

19 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Don’t mention Gillingham more than 3 times otherwise the buggers will turn up again.

Still don’t know how that ‘stand’ gets a safety certificate, our SAG would have kittens about that.

Have they got a canvas roof and plastic garden chairs as well?;)

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

Hasn’t every Man U cup match been on telly since John Loagie Baird first showed a picture on a screen?

And that's not counting the Pathe News features shown at the Cinema before Mr Baird's invention really took off !

2 minutes ago, palmerred said:

I'm sure a lot of fans will disagree with me on this, but as a supporter who lives a long way away from Bristol I go to four or five home matches a season but about fifteen away,

i understand the chances of me getting a ticket for the Utd game will be slim, but having been there Tuesday there was loads of kids there, by me three kids in eye shot were playing on iPads during the game and it annoyed me a little.

if the club price it wrongly and offer more than one seat to ST holders and members were gonna have a ground full of members and season ticket holders taking kids for the first time in my eyes and for me this will deny a lot of fans who watch City year in year out a seat.

I hope the club price this around the £30 mark and do no concessions personally. This game should reward the fans who have been going for years on end and finally we get a big tie. This is not the game for first time fans who have not ever seen us play before.

Why not reward the kids who've been going for years on end? Like mine. 

8 minutes ago, Ian M said:

For me Man Utd at home is the definition of a Gold fixture and I am happy to pay Gold prices as a STH.

The extra income (incl TV money) will be very welcome approaching the transfer window.

Have to agree with this. If Man U is not classed as Gold what is?  Pricing has been excellent for the earlier rounds. I don't think it's unreasonable for people to choose to pay around £30 to see Man U if they want to.

If it takes Man U to get kids to support city so be it, better for the club long term.  Us old duffers shouldn’t be getting so excited anyway.  It’s Man U ffs, we could be playing them twice in the league next year.

Bunch of whinging ninnies.

17 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

So the last time we played them in a cup was 1909.

I clearly recall their goal should have been disallowed.

If you are not 120, do a YouTube search. Dirty northern cheats!

Unfinished business. I hope we stuff them.

On that note one of my best City experiences ever, was working with the Supporters Club and Trust and Manchester United Supporters Trust to organise the 1909 FA Cup Final commemoration at The Crystal Palace; https://joinmust.org/1909replayed/home.html

1 hour ago, Slack Bladder said:

Well, I'm hoping for a draw, so I can go to Old Trafford for the replay

Can someone sabotage the flood lights and can Dave Fear come to the office?

Worked with Liverpool for 3 memorable games. Even if some ****** broke into my Mini and we ended up in the police station :blink:

My little un took her I-pad as she is 6 but likes to spend time with her Dad as I do with her so she comes to football with me.

She watches the game then gets bored so rather than me have to take her home I let her play On the iPad. 

Not that I’m particuarly bothered it annoyed you but why would it? Does it impact your match day experience?

5 minutes ago, Ian M said:

In the FA Cup they're up to something ridiculous like 40 consecutive televised ties.

I agree it's ridiculous, but they are one of the world's biggest clubs, do I totally understand it too! Their away support is always superb despite every game being on tv....so different to their home support....proper Salford lads...

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

I'd hope for this game ST's, memberships etc are strictly 1 bought per ST/membership etc so there's no buying for mates who have very little interest in City. This game should be a reward for those who attend regularly. 

Im sure it was buy an additional 1 for Wembley because of the capacity.

This will have to be 1 ticket per ST or membership.

9 minutes ago, palmerred said:

Both my daughter's have season tickets and my eldest who is 11 has only missed two away games. Oh and as we don't live in Bristol even a home game is a whole day. I think she has every right to be there

Just now, Rob k said:

My little un took her I-pad as she is 6 but likes to spend time with her Dad as I do with her so she comes to football with me.

She watches the game then gets bored so rather than me have to take her home I let her play On the iPad. 

Not that I’m particuarly bothered it annoyed you but why would it? Does it impact your match day experience?

It's a fair point you make but surely you want fans watching the game getting involved, or at least I would like to think the club would. 

Doesnt ruin my match day experience no, but if fans who have been going for years lose out on tickets to anyone who will lose interest in match and would rather play on an iPad, I would question why take them in the first place.

47 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Steele must play, I think the outfield 10 will depend on who's been playing/fit etc. in the few games beforehand. Would hope a few youngsters got game time.

Agree about Steele, but not the rest.

No way on earth should we be even thinking about giving youngsters "game time" in a big game like this.

Joe Jordan didn't do so against Bradford or v Forest.

Provided none are suspended or injured the outfield players should include:

Pisano, Flint, Wright, Bryan, Hörður, Baker

Pato, Smith, Pack, Brownhill, O'Dowda, Eliasson

Reid, Diedhiou (if he is fit) Đurić and Taylor.

With the 2 goalies in the squad that is 18 players, this is no time for anything other than our very best players for a cup quarter final.

Okay maybe I was a bit OTT but what I mean is the club need to be strict on how they sell tickets for this game, if thy give season ticket holders a x2 or x4 option, it's gonna defeat the loyalty points and membeship system. 

Just needs to be ST holders and memberships get a ticket for themselves only, if a kid has one of those so be it and they should get kids prices. 

9 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

But....it's a bit tinpot playing your full strength team. In the league cup. Don't we want City to be like other top class clubs, and prioritise the league? It's all the rage, these days.

We're not Rovers, we're the City....

You mean like Man City?

Who played Aguero, Jesus, Sane and De Bruyne against Wolves?

12 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Sell to season ticket holders then just have a free for all for those with a history of purchasing tickets.

I miss the days of having to queue hours for tickets, I guess in this modern age it all be done over the phone or Internet. 

Except membership is advertised as having a benefit of priority for tickets. So basically you would probably be breaking some kind of trading standards by going back on that now. Same goes for all those suggesting new members don't get any priority over non-members.

They may be able to claim that it doesn't state exactly which games are covered by the prioritisation rules I suppose. Not applying it in exactly the scenario where it counts would be a bit bizarre though. Could put people off buying them next season

Okay maybe I was a bit OTT but what I mean is the club need to be strict on how they sell tickets for this game, if thy give season ticket holders a x2 or x4 option, it's gonna defeat the loyalty points and membeship system. 

Good luck trying to undo the mess you've just created for yourself.

Archived