IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

23 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Something incredibly fishy about the whole set up isn’t the there? 

Nearly two hours after the ‘live’ draw a pre recorded video appears showing the entire draw, in which all four of the big four teams miraculously avoid each other.

Chelsea - who are affiliated with Carabao in a commercial arrangement - are handed a third straight home tie.

Reading - who are affiliated with Carabao in a commercial arrangement - despite being out - had three straight home ties.

Odds of one team playing at home three ties in a row are 1/8 - but both teams? 

Something not right with what’s going on if you ask me. 

1/64 isn't unlikely enough for a conspiracy theory.  Did you check what other teams Carabao sponsor in some capacity?

58 minutes ago, weepywall said:

What a game for the new Ashton Gate to host, been a long time since  we have played lets be honest one of the biggest teams in the world, great for younger fans who never seen the likes of them at the gate, don't think the ground is big enough for this one though without sounding Gas like I think we could get 35k for a game like this hopefully we may be able to borrow the temporary tents from the pikeys and put them on the roof.

We don't want more seats just for 15,000 to turn up and never to be seen again. 

50 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Don't Man U have to agree to the ticket price for a cup game?

Would imagine they will want max dosh - stuff the fans - which is the prem business ethic these days.

Yes.

"23.1    Immediately after the draw is known the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree the prices."

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

27 minutes ago, Milan djurichimovic said:

Do you think they will do this? Got my tickets from Plymouth stoke and palace just incase this did happen:fingerscrossed:

You don't need to keep the ticket stubs, they'll have your name and address from when you purchased those tickets 

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I see absolutely no harm in getting excited about the visit of one of the biggest clubs in the world - theee-times European champions - for the first time in our lives for many of us. It's a rare and special occasion.

"crapper of the two Manchester clubs" is hardly a fair reflection of United's pedigree over the years is it.

Put up with the Man U stuff when I lived up there in the early 80’s as a kid, wearing my City shirt.  Didn’t want to look in awe then and certainly don’t now.

32 minutes ago, Harry said:

Whole end is fine. The rest holds 22k. There haven't been 22k home fans in AG since 1989. 

Everyone who is a City fan will get a ticket if they sell based on ST holders first, existing members second, then previous purchase history 3rd. No general sale should be needed, so no plastics in the home end. 

We had 22k home fans in May this year.

16 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I know you're half-joking but not a fan of any system that forces people to spend more money than they should have to just to attend the one they really want to. STH or existing member with booking history status should be enough.

You’re right it was a tongue in cheek comment, although I do recall collecting vouchers back in the 70’s, which could be used for big games. As well as old season ticket books also have vouchers in the back! 

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Yes.

"23.1    Immediately after the draw is known the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree the prices."

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

That won't be a problem. MU love high prices. 

For life long City fans this is the dream cup tie, for those that have been to the Gillingham, Torquay etc cup games getting a cup tie like this was the dream. For so many years we have always avoided getting a half decent draw.

Every effort should be made to ensure that genuine City fans get to see this game.

If we get 40000 at Wembley then I'd say our core support would be around 25k and that would give us just enough tickets to sell to these fans.

I'd be utterly disgusted if I see one Manc or a plastic Bristol Manc in the home end.

Already I've seen hundreds of posts on my Facebook about how people are trying to get tickets and they have never visted Ashton Gate in their life. They need to be stopped from coming at all costs.

15 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Makes us look a bit tinpot having a full on sausage party over the crapper of the two manchester clubs turning up tbh.

Good draw but let’s not go f’ing weird about it.

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I see absolutely no harm in getting excited about the visit of one of the biggest clubs in the world - theee-times European champions - for the first time in our lives for many of us. It's a rare and special occasion.

"crapper of the two Manchester clubs" is hardly a fair reflection of United's pedigree over the years is it.

Pack it in, you two. Save it for 4.30pm this Saturday.

Now come on @RumRed, get in the mood :banana:

54 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Club reduces prices when its unattractive opposition, the fans almost demand it.

Only right therefore that they price this game to get the maximum revenue. I expect and wouldnt begrudge paying £50+. Maybe knock off a tenner as a goodwill gesture for season ticket holder

I would begrudge paying it. The club have a published price structure and should honour it and respect the fans.

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

My point being to have more seats means they'd just be empty for every other fixture. AG is plenty big enough. 

I understand, but you will always get the plastics in for a game like this, I hope City make as much money as they can from this fixture and that it gets used on improving the team for a push on the play offs or indeed automatic promotion. 

1 hour ago, oldrosie said:

To be honest, even if I was offered a free ticket .... I would rather watch the Radstock versus Welton game.  City v Man Utd will be hyped. Skyed.  The club will make various 'offers' to enable casuals to get a ticket. The game will prove a distraction to the main event which is games like this week in and week out.  It places the club in a sellers' market so just wait for the 'buy this and but that' deals to get a ticket.  Life is just too short ... and omg ... the Upper Tier might be fully opened ... enjoy being exploited and ripped off ... 

Enjoy yourself at Radstock then, you miserable old git!

1 hour ago, oldrosie said:

To be honest, even if I was offered a free ticket .... I would rather watch the Radstock versus Welton game.  City v Man Utd will be hyped. Skyed.  The club will make various 'offers' to enable casuals to get a ticket. The game will prove a distraction to the main event which is games like this week in and week out.  It places the club in a sellers' market so just wait for the 'buy this and but that' deals to get a ticket.  Life is just too short ... and omg ... the Upper Tier might be fully opened ... enjoy being exploited and ripped off ... 

Still sore about Matty Taylor then love ? 

Archived