IGNORED

City vs Manchester - Dustbin Thread (merged)

City fan 1982

24 minutes ago, palmerred said:

I'm sure a lot of fans will disagree with me on this, but as a supporter who lives a long way away from Bristol I go to four or five home matches a season but about fifteen away,

i understand the chances of me getting a ticket for the Utd game will be slim, but having been there Tuesday there was loads of kids there, by me three kids in eye shot were playing on iPads during the game and it annoyed me a little.

if the club price it wrongly and offer more than one seat to ST holders and members were gonna have a ground full of members and season ticket holders taking kids for the first time in my eyes and for me this will deny a lot of fans who watch City year in year out a seat.

I hope the club price this around the £30 mark and do no concessions personally. This game should reward the fans who have been going for years on end and finally we get a big tie. This is not the game for first time fans who have not ever seen us play before.

My daughter averages around 30 games a season.  She's been a ST holder for 8 seasons since she was 7. When we're travelling to Sunderland tomorrow I'll tell her how she's taking a seat away from loyal fans like you 

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

1/64 isn't unlikely enough for a conspiracy theory.  Did you check what other teams Carabao sponsor in some capacity?

It’s just a small part of an incredibly fishy affair from start to finish. How about the ‘live’ draw that no one saw and all four big teams avoiding each other? 

Not saying it’s definitley rigged but it’s certainly very questionable. 

38 minutes ago, Tiree said:

and it's 8 weeks away so all those part-timers who got in the upper Lansdown at 8.15 pm complaining about 'traffic' might just be able to sort their diaries and lives out to leave home before 7.30pm

Do try and make the part-timers welcome on the night, some of them might come back more often. It's what Bristol Sport (hashtag makingbristolveryproud) would want. And our wonderful majority owner.

I've not long got home and was worrying that the 1/4 final draw might overlap and be merged with Havana's Sunderland match day thread.

Tie against Man U will give Jessie Lingard the chance got see  what he could have had! :)

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

The club must resist any temptation to allocate to all home ticket holders those monstrously ghastly "clacker" devices of the type issued to Leicester fans during their Prem-winning season. I've heard other clubs using them since.

Not at Ashton Gate, thanks.

Which of these "clackers" was it? Must have looked amazing! https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=clacker

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s just a small part of an incredibly fishy affair from start to finish. How about the ‘live’ draw that no one saw and all four big teams avoiding each other? 

Not saying it’s definitley rigged but it’s certainly very questionable. 

Pretty sure it's just incompetence.  There's not enough incentive to bother rigging anything in this competition.

10 minutes ago, Nibor said:

They should be selling the shit out of memberships and then when the tickets are available to members offer them by membership length.  It's an opportunity to get more people on the database and don't forget we'll have more tickets to sell for the semi and the final.

I don't see how they can tbh. The T&C's of the membership state that Forever Bristol Members get level 3 priority on Cup games. I don't think they'll be able to change the T&C's after people have already purchased them.

1 minute ago, Kibs said:

I don't see how they can tbh. The T&C's of the membership state that Forever Bristol Members get level 3 priority on Cup games. I don't think they'll be able to change the T&C's after people have already purchased them.

Level 3 priority could still be graded on length of membership.  I'd be willing to bet the T&Cs have a line in that says "we can do what the **** we like" in some other form of words.

Just now, Nibor said:

Level 3 priority could still be graded on length of membership.  I'd be willing to bet the T&Cs have a line in that says "we can do what the **** we like" in some other form of words.

Probably, I guess "Level 3" is pretty vague and open to interpretation!

3 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Annoyingly, this is spot on. It's going to be a scrum for tickets I fear. So frustrating. I wish the club had suspended membership sales in advance of the draw.

44 minutes ago, palmerred said:

Okay maybe I was a bit OTT but what I mean is the club need to be strict on how they sell tickets for this game, if thy give season ticket holders a x2 or x4 option, it's gonna defeat the loyalty points and membeship system. 

Yes but they won’t - it’s not the JPT trophy where we want to try and get max numbers at Wembley it is the Gate where we now regularly get 20k ish.

I expect my ST+ and my daughters to get us our 2 seats - it’s what I pay for but I will not get anymore as there is thousands of other ST holders and members. 

Would I want to take the missus, Dad etc - yes.

Will I get a chance too - no.

Lets call them Manchester shall we?

We ALL know that over the next 8 weeks the most important task is our Championship Fixtures, starting Saturday against Sunderland...BUT...

Let's also enjoy the Cup Draw against Manchester - I like using that term as a previous poster has pointed out...the Mancs will just refer to us as Bristol!

Enjoy the stats!

https://www.11v11.com/teams/bristol-city/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Manchester United/

Archived