IGNORED

The Official Sunderland v Bristol City Match Day Thread 14

Fantastic result!

And if anyone was still worried about how we might react after a defeat, we’ll... hammering a premier league team and then winning away at Sunderland, should hopefully put some minds at rest and banish concerns of a repeat of last seasons bad run. 

Well done boys!! 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Brilliant result. Well worth pissing off the whole family in Disney's Animal Kingdom by just sitting down and refreshing my phone for an hour.

I did a similar thing back in about 2011. Kept refreshing my phone for the three games we were away for. 

Came home to a £950 phone bill. Oops. 

Edited by Fordy62
  • Sad 2
3 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Apart from when he thinks he is Steven Gerrard and tries spraying 50 yard cross field balls which he is pony at...but other than that he is tidy!

Doesn't try it as much as under Cotterill. But the reason he was under instruction from Cotterill to do it 28 times per game was because Cotterill knew he was very capable of doing it as he's the best ball-player in the squad. 

Not sure how Mr RedDave can argue against that. 

Think i might have predicted this earlier!! :whistle:

Brilliant result, who cares about the performance?! Great response after Leeds loss (and Palace hammering in the Cup), good focus & team ethic....

....fan-bloody-tastic! All those staying oop north, enjoy your evening! And happy n safe travels back to those who aren't.

Beers are going to taste good tonight!!

3 minutes ago, OneWordCityNerd said:

Korey

Players   Stats Rankings Tables   Squawka.com (1).png

Ha ha. I don't know anyone who has ever said they Korey is a better ballplayer than Pack. 

What that stat shows is that Korey has made 15 more successful passes in an extra 280 minutes of football! If you wanna go like for like I'm confident Pack would complete 15 passes in over 3 games. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I did a similar thing back in about 2011. Kept refreshing my phone for the three games we were away for. 

Came home to a £950 phone bill. Oops. 

Brilliant! My wife is extremely annoyed, my dad in law and sons come off of a ride and first thing they ask, how did city get on. Cue shouting and cheering 

Firstly let me say the conditions looked difficult to say the least but this was a day where we almost succeeded in making a piss poor team look incredibly average and almost allowed a crowd who were looking for excuses to get on the back of their team a far too easy day.

Too many long aimless balls, wrong options, poor final ball and over complicating in attacking situations.

Long term our midfield needs a creative spark.

Hopefully Baker’s substitution was more of a precaution. 

However that all said we seemed to take control on the hour mark and then we looked reasonably comfortable until the end.

Fielding 4 his part in their goal and woeful kicking is a worry.

Wright 6 solid enough.

Flint 6 strong throughout.

Baker 7 best central defender at the club.

Bryan 7 just looks so at ease.

Patterson 4 poor day all round for him, rightly subbed.

Pack 6 improved totally when Smith came on but his serious lack of pace is worrying..

Brownhill 6 another who improved with the introduction of Smith, but looks like he needs to muscle up ala Bryan.

O’Dowda 6 great corner and cross for the 2nd goal and played well defensively, should have done better with 2 reasonable chances, but he is improving.

Reid 6 great goal, loads of energy as usual but far too greedy near the end when we had a 4 v 2 situation.

Taylor 5 not his type of game but he never gave up.

LJ 8 his timely substitutions changed the game.

Pisano 6 like Bryan looks at ease.

Smith 8 MOM changed the game and gave the midfield a fulcrum that it had been lacking.

Đurić 6 a handful and took his goal well.

As I said hopefully Baker was more of a precaution, hopefully Smith is fully fit and Pisano and Đurić remain fit.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, OneWordCityNerd said:

Korey

Players   Stats Rankings Tables   Squawka.com (1).png

The stat you have here show that we have two very good passers in the side - Korey and Marlon. You can easily make a case for Pack being the best by looking at the minutes played and the fact he has an assist. And really if Harry said the best passer at the club and he is wrong by that fine a margin it doesn't really matter - the point he was making that was that there is far more to Pack's game than just tackling. 

• Like 1