IGNORED

The Official Sunderland v Bristol City Match Day Thread 14

14 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

That was a battling away performance in difficult conditions.

I thought we looked comfortable throughout and just missed a bit of joined up play in the final third.

No team at home is going to lie down and give three points to their opponents.

We are so much better at managing games and these lads don't fear going anywhere.

Well done to all concerned.

Massive respect to the Red Army .

:clapping:

Spot on, it was never going to be pretty, and the fact that we normally are the team that ends opponents bad runs,I actually thought we would lose there. 

13 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Just read one Sunderland fans forum where one Mackem 'pundit' says that only Flint from BCFC would get into their starting 11 because they have the best squad in the league and it's all Grayson's fault.

Typical entitled 'former' big club fan, Bryan, Pisano, Baker, O'Dowda, Smith, Reid and maybe even Đurić and certainly Brownhill as a squad player, would enhance their under achieving pussies on this showing and performances over the past 2 years or more.

Love this about the Championship. So many deluded big club fan wannabies. 

They’ll be in League One next season in Administration on -10 to start. 

Cheerio Sunderland, you wont be around for much longer!

15 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Like quite a few of our squad Pack is limited in his all round game .

I thought he had a good game today and applaud him .

He headed away a lot of Sunderland long balls , he was quicker in his distribution than recently and got stuck in .

We all know the weaknesses in our  squad but they have heart and spirit in spades.

You could bring in more quality , technically better players but it's not a guarantee that we'd improve.

I think Tomlin is the absolute proof of this and we have outplayed a few teams this season that have more technically better players.

Best 11 players doesn't necessarily make the best team. 

Must be something n the Johnson genes that enables them to construct a team that is greater than he sum of it's parts, although I think this team is better than Gary's.

Spoke to a few players afterwards and several commented the wind was 'sonething else'. So dont underestimate the difficulty they had playing our passing game. But that said there was no excuse for some of the weird balls played. I know its the same for both sides but Sunderland seems the windiest place on earth so they are used to their surroundings obviously.