IGNORED

The Official Sunderland v Bristol City Match Day Thread 14

1 minute ago, Shtanley said:

Would’ve started Pisano myself. I think sooner or later LJ will have to come to terms with the fact he’s got to drop 1 of our 3 very good centre backs. 

LJ said something about Pisano not really being fit to play more than 45 minutes on Tuesday so I expect he's just being cautious. Last thing we need is for his injury to be further aggravated. Good man to have on the bench for sure; in fact, that entire bench looks nice and strong.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

No target man though. 

Bound to see flint back to his normal duties for goal kicks.  Im quite excited to see how Taylor and Reid get on as a front two. 

Even with Sunderlands poor form,  i can see us being to happy to soak up pressure  and catch them on the break... 

2 minutes ago, 1891 B.C. Sweden said:

Eliasson will soon be back on loan to Sweden. Engvall all over again :10_1_108:

Coaching team have said good things about what they've seen in training. He needs a bit of time to start showing it in matches. Don't recall so much positivity around Engvall. 

If it turns out the same way maybe we will decide not to shop in Scandanavia in future!

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

You are particularly thinking of Tranmere and Stockport no doubt. I am reminded of those two whenever I see their respective scores in the lower non league echelons. A lot of clubs from an approximately 50 mile radius, those two included, have all fallen into non league football and many have yet to return or have started to yo yo such as Southport, Wrexham, Chester and Macclesfield. That is 6 teams. A cold wind blows in the north west just has it has done in north east.

Add , Barrow and Workington, both classed as North West.

Yet only 6 years ago there were 8 clubs from Lancashire in the Premiership.

7 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Apparently Sunderland are slow at the back, so hopefully we're looking to get it into feet and spin in behind with Reid and Taylor's running and quick feet. 

After the Palace game it's also great to see Đurić on the bench , as he definitely offers a different option, without it needing to be a long ball,  if needed.

13 minutes ago, Lympsham Red said:

LJ said something about Pisano not really being fit to play more than 45 minutes on Tuesday so I expect he's just being cautious. Last thing we need is for his injury to be further aggravated. Good man to have on the bench for sure; in fact, that entire bench looks nice and strong.

Wright's on international duty for 2 weeks in November so he's got to make sure Pisano is available then so he's not going to rush him back and risk injury, he won't care so much if Wright picks up a knock