IGNORED

Đurić

petehinton

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ooh, come on now Ian, you're better than that! Never let Wikipedia be your guide!

That's because the Latin alphabet doesn't have the correct letter. Our phone keyboards don't even have it as an option although having variants for other letters but I am assured it is the correct spelling. If the feeling is that strong I will delete the filters. 

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Djuric looks like a beast now he is part way fit. Never looked happy last season. Young Bobby must be looking forward to having him to play off!

Probably down to getting up to speed with, and the physicality of the Championship, which it does with many players.

Many players need a 'bedding in period'...as do managers and coach's....unfortunately we now live in a society where we get everything we want instantly....that has an effect on how we view football too.

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

He certainly has made a huge impression on his return from long term injury / surgery.

I wonder if he was actually fully fit last term as, though he was decent, he's making a big difference now?

Good on you Milan! 

He had issues with injuries from the day he signed. Problem was it was an underlying injury that wasnt easily spotted.

i was surprised he didn't start today. In gale conditions defences and keepers can be put off and a big man up front can take advantage. The fact that Reid scored a back post header seems to confirm this. Wasn't Taylor's day today. Rarely got past his man and failed to link up when he did. I prefer him as a sub. Djuric changed the game. Simple hold up play and lay offs to Reid and smith were what was needed and he provided them and a a goal scoring instinct in the air. 

8 hours ago, Ian M said:

That's because the Latin alphabet doesn't have the correct letter. Our phone keyboards don't even have it as an option although having variants for other letters but I am assured it is the correct spelling. If the feeling is that strong I will delete the filters. 

My comments were all made in jest mate. No seriousness on my part ;)

8 hours ago, milo1111 said:

Wonder what colins got planned for him and flint next week from set peices.

Not much he can do other than try and stop them jumping by nefarious means and I can`t see our Neil resorting to that.:ph34r:

I`m more concerned about a certain ex-player being told to wind ours up at every opportunity. Aden in particular needs to keep his head on straight as he`ll be the main target I think.

9 hours ago, Ian M said:

Yes I did. See your reply. 

No you didn't, you're just picking on me to correct!! See 73 threads from a search of "Kodjia" - no idea whether that will now appear a word starting with a c or Kodjia when I press the button!!

Sorry Ian, it was a late night bored and awake in a hotel near Sunderland!! No wish to make life difficult for you mods who do a great job. Can we agree on Milan??

Wow, likening him to the Paul Cheesley is some accolade 

He needs good service and Callum seems to be filling the potential tial that Martin O'Neil and our recruitment team first saw. 

He could terrorise Cardiff if the Ashton crowd get right behind him. What a prospect and yet another addition to the awesome list of "developement" (increased market value) MA and Lj are drawing up. Our owner must love his astute football decisions? 

Nobody into £20m: Jk, BR, JB

Nobody into £10: FF, AF, MD

Nobody into £5m:JP, CO'D

Who's next

5 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

He needs good service and Callum seems to be filling the potential tial that Martin O'Neil and our recruitment team first saw. 

He could terrorise Cardiff if the Ashton crowd get right behind him. What a prospect and yet another addition to the awesome list of "developement" (increased market value) MA and Lj are drawing up. Our owner must love his astute football decisions? 

Who's next

You may be a bit optimistic with your valuations but I get the drift. However, they may become more valuable to us by staying in our team than moving on for cash profit.

33 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Who's next

Guessing how much a player is really worth or more importantly how much someone else will pay for them is a bit of a mug's game.

I remember the game against Newcastle in 2010 when we drew 2-2 at Ashton Gate. Carroll was playing for them upfront, while we had Maynard who was (much though some on here would like to deny it after how things ended with him) brilliant in that game. If you had taken a poll even amongst neutrals about which player Liverpool would splash out £50 million in with 18 months, overwhelmingly it would have been Maynard rather than Carroll.

In a way, Kodjia was a fluke of a sale to a team who were desperate, cash to flash and in Di Matteo as a manager someone who was used to paying inflated prices for players. The fact that we then got Baker in return this season just adds even more gloss to that exchange!

I would rather think about how much they are worth to the club in getting us promoted, which would be over £100M!! 

32 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Who's next

I didn't actually compare him to Paul but I did speculate whether, like Paul, he might prove to be an all round centre forward. Though he doesn't have Paul's pace.

My point being that while there is understandable emphasis on his heading ability there seems to be a lot more to his game than that.

Archived