IGNORED

We are GOING UP!!!!!

Inactive user

I have have earned my rights to get a ticket for the big games/ I'm boycotting matches

( insert player name here) is not good enough at this level/ ( insert same name) is a multi-million pound player ready for the Prem

Lansdown is a mumbling clown/ Lansdown is a Deity

Johnson Out/ Johnson In

Time for me to go to bed and stop posting on OTIB / I'm staying up all night posting on OTIB.

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

Certainly going in the right direction. Third of season gone, 4 th place, 4 points clear of 7th. Averaged 1.7 points p/g from first 10 games which is playoff form. Averaged 2 points p/g from next 5 which is Automatic form. Need to start turning over the sides around us to really prove we are challengers so Cardiff on Saturday would be a good place to start. Win that and I will be dreaming a little more. 

I`m always of the opinion every season that you get to 50 points and see where you are then. 

If we`ve got 50 by, say, mid February, then we can say we`re in with a shout - I think in the play off season we were there or thereabouts at the end of January.

7 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I always said we'd give it a damn good go this season and I was right.

I'm going to call it now and keep the positivity going. We are GOING UP, I am convinced.

COYR

Spot on Rob. Said the same on the match day thread.

Great to be positive. Bollocks to the rest of them who aren’t. 

;)

January will be a big month, if we retain our position in the top six will the club back Johnson to bring in one or two. I suspect they will.

However, clubs will be in for our players and I suspect we will receive bids for Reid, Flint, Bryan, Brownhill and possibly Paterson. The downside to put run is clubs will be looking at our players 

28 minutes ago, daored said:

January will be a big month, if we retain our position in the top six will the club back Johnson to bring in one or two. I suspect they will.

However, clubs will be in for our players and I suspect we will receive bids for Reid, Flint, Bryan, Brownhill and possibly Paterson. The downside to put run is clubs will be looking at our players 

If we stay in the top 6 playing this way, with a really decent shot at promotion, how many players will really be tempted to move in Jsnuary?

Other than Magnússon who will want regular football ahead of the World Cup, but may even get that if Pisano & Baker remain out for a while, I would suggest that the offers would have to be quite exceptional for the players to be that tempted.  And certainly the club won't be looking to sell and has no need to either. Huddersfield kept hold of their players last season, I see no reason why we should be any different, especially as LJ seems to have worked out to use his squad without tinkering and rotating too much, except for the Carabao cup, and even that's been successful.

Just now, Dr Balls said:

If we stay in the top 6 playing this way, with a really decent shot at promotion, how many players will really be tempted to move in Jsnuary?

Other than Magnússon who will want regular football ahead of the World Cup, but may even get that if Pisano & Baker remain out for a while, I would suggest that the offers would have to be quite exceptional for the players to be that tempted.  And certainly the club won't be looking to sell and has no need to either. Huddersfield kept hold of their players last season, I see no reason why we should be any different, especially as LJ seems to have worked out to use his squad without tinkering and rotating too much, except for the Carabao cup, and even that's been successful.

I’m not saying that the players will be tempted. The way the club is set up now is that every player has a price. Say for example a premier league club comes in for Bryan and offers £12-£15 million , would we accept that ( just using Bryan as an example )

15 minutes ago, daored said:

I’m not saying that the players will be tempted. The way the club is set up now is that every player has a price. Say for example a premier league club comes in for Bryan and offers £12-£15 million , would we accept that ( just using Bryan as an example )

If we are pushing for promotion, then hopefully not. Do you cash in on £12 million now but risk £100 million later? I would hope that we would stick rather than twist in that situation.

10 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

If we are pushing for promotion, then hopefully not. Do you cash in on £12 million now but risk £100 million later? I would hope that we would stick rather than twist in that situation.

I don’t disagree with you fella. I think it is a factor that needs to be taken into consideration 

9 hours ago, downendcity said:

Need to calm down and get a bit of perspective.

We haven't even had our 9 game losing run yet!

On a serious note, the longer we continue the performances and results we have been achieving so far this season, the  more difficult it becomes to ignore the increasingly strong possibility that we will be there or there abouts come the end of the season. The worry just now is the injuries we seem to be getting to key players and losing 2/3 of them for a prolonged period could make things more difficult. Having said that, it does seem that we have better strength in depth than in the past and LJ does seem to have found his touch when it comes to juggling players and formations, so we might just overcome injury setbacks.

I am just wondering what sort of stick LJ will get from some fans if we just fall short of the play offs, or worse, automatic promotion, at the end of the season.

34 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

The only worry would be if we rejected a big bid from a decent premier league club for, say, Joe, that it would unsettle the player and affect his form in the second part of the season.

Having said that, I would also like to think that if it was Joe then the thought of achieving promotion with his club would be enough of incentive to stay, with the promise that if we failed to gain promotion we would not stand in his way if he wanted a move in the summer.

14 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I always said we'd give it a damn good go this season and I was right.

I'm going to call it now and keep the positivity going. We are GOING UP, I am convinced.

COYR

Woah!  No-one wins anything in November.

Still 2/3 of the season left.

Its looking promising at the moment but teams that are flying often "hit the wall". 

Lets hope that it won't happen to City.

Archived