IGNORED

IMPORTANT - South Stand Display vs Cardiff

James

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

And your perspective is that the most important thing is ticketing as we’re playing a Manc Club? 

I'm looking forward to the quater final like most fans. But couldn't care about who we are playing. My point is that they've got more important things to be doing than worrying about a pretty pattern and paper airplanes !!

9 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I'm looking forward to the quater final like most fans. But couldn't care about who we are playing. My point is that they've got more important things to be doing than worrying about a pretty pattern and paper airplanes !!

Money...both from S82 and crowdfunding?

Hours and hours of time, only to have goalposts moved at last minute.

54 minutes ago, SonOfDjuric said:

I myself spent closer to 7 hours in AG on Friday, arriving at 12pm, setting up for the display. In those hours, I had a decent length chat to the Head of Stadium Security and a Groundsman, niether questioned anything about the display’s nature.

As we had only the upper right section of the display to complete, a security guard approached us saying Dave Storr was unhappy. We contacted Storr, through @Dollymarie, and were told that, as long as A+S police were okay with the St. George’s Cross, he was. We contacted @JulieH who agreed to the display, so long as it wasn’t held up in the minute silence. We continued to finish the display before we were contacted by Julie, saying Storr had said no to the display, full stop. In fact, we heard no official word from Dave Storr, until we contacted him ourselves. He went on to say that he had 200 stewards on stand-by to rip it down and that, he didn’t care about the club, only safety. Storr also refused to put this into writing, clearly fearing the backlash.

Then on Saturday morning we learned Storr would order stewards - who are paid to ensure the safety of fans - to rearrange the display.

From photos I then learned the club removed all card from S20, to suit the presumed desires of Corporate guests seated in the block.

I, personally, am more than happy to spend hours setting up our displays, however I am obviously extremely annoyed. I just feel sorry for all the fans that wished to be involved and that donated to us.

Many thanks for the support and hopefully this will not deter us too much.

Forza Eastenders. Section82

On behalf of the vast majority of us, thanks for your efforts mate. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Money...both from S82 and crowdfunding?

Hours and hours of time, only to have goalposts moved at last minute.

Question, do we know if the club knew the plan was to put England flag up, were ok with it then changed their minds?

Perhaps an explanation from the club has already been given during yesterdays game?  - In an announcement over the public address system (tannoy) ... but if it was, how the **** would anyone know? :dunno:

:englandsmile4wf:                                 :englandsmile4wf:.                                             :englandsmile4wf:.                                       :englandsmile4wf:.                                               

Personally I don't know why anyone is surprised. In my opinion the club died from a fans perspective when the ground was redeveloped. The only people that matter are those with £££££. The average supporter is not the priority. Fill up the Heineken lounge and the boxes and job done. 

1 minute ago, Big Red Rich said:

Personally I don't know why anyone is surprised. In my opinion the club died from a fans perspective when the ground was redeveloped. The only people that matter are those with £££££. The average supporter is not the priority. Fill up the Heineken lounge and the boxes and job done. 

I really really don't want to agree with you. It's coming to that though.

5 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Sad times indeed.

Just reading through this, in this day and age, in 2017, anyone who spent their time preparing this must surely have expected that the display would be withdrawn, once the club found out what that display might be. To say its a “remembrance” day event is pathetic- had it been a poppy display that could have been argued, and would probably have been approved. However for this to be prepared just before the cardiff game, when theres a clear england v wales rivalry, and then complain about it when the club gets wind of whats going to happen, and doesnt want to be seen to be encouraging the england v wales rivalry, is quite unbelievable. Yes the fans will sing songs to the welsh, and vice versa, and i love a bit if banter, but theres no way the club can be seen to be endorsing anything other than a sporting rivalry from a local club.

its the way of the world these days, i dont necessarily agree with it, but the club had little choice but to stop it when they found out what was planned

1 hour ago, SonOfDjuric said:

I myself spent closer to 7 hours in AG on Friday, arriving at 12pm, setting up for the display. In those hours, I had a decent length chat to the Head of Stadium Security and a Groundsman, niether questioned anything about the display’s nature.

As we had only the upper right section of the display to complete, a security guard approached us saying Dave Storr was unhappy. We contacted Storr, through @Dollymarie, and were told that, as long as A+S police were okay with the St. George’s Cross, he was. We contacted @JulieH who agreed to the display, so long as it wasn’t held up in the minute silence. We continued to finish the display before we were contacted by Julie, saying Storr had said no to the display, full stop. In fact, we heard no official word from Dave Storr, until we contacted him ourselves. He went on to say that he had 200 stewards on stand-by to rip it down and that, he didn’t care about the club, only safety. Storr also refused to put this into writing, clearly fearing the backlash.

Then on Saturday morning we learned Storr would order stewards - who are paid to ensure the safety of fans - to rearrange the display.

From photos I then learned the club removed all card from S20, to suit the presumed desires of Corporate guests seated in the block.

I, personally, am more than happy to spend hours setting up our displays, however I am obviously extremely annoyed. I just feel sorry for all the fans that wished to be involved and that donated to us.

Many thanks for the support and hopefully this will not deter us too much.

Forza Eastenders. Section82

I’d never really been one for Forza, flag waving or signing.

Thanks for doing what you do. Without your efforts AG would be a quiet and santised place, devoid of atmosphere.

I’m all for shouting at the away keeper from our perfect seats to do that and even though Tills tells me and drags me to sit down she actually loves it. 

Whenever you want a banner tied up behind the goal let us know. Even if it says something slightly offensive.

And thanks for taking the time to explain the order of events. My take? Looks like Colin wasn’t the only manual manipulator about yesterday.

26 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

Spot on. And for the ****** who financed it we’re simply providing a return on his investment.

It makes me so ******* angry that just because he has money that he chooses to invest in sport that he then has as much detrimental influence as he does.

7 minutes ago, simon uk said:

Just reading through this, in this day and age, in 2017, anyone who spent their time preparing this must surely have expected that the display would be withdrawn, once the club found out what that display might be. To say its a “remembrance” day event is pathetic- had it been a poppy display that could have been argued, and would probably have been approved. However for this to be prepared just before the cardiff game, when theres a clear england v wales rivalry, and then complain about it when the club gets wind of whats going to happen, and doesnt want to be seen to be encouraging the england v wales rivalry, is quite unbelievable. Yes the fans will sing songs to the welsh, and vice versa, and i love a bit if banter, but theres no way the club can be seen to be endorsing anything other than a sporting rivalry from a local club.

its the way of the world these days, i dont necessarily agree with it, but the club had little choice but to stop it when they found out what was planned

Posts 279 and 304 highlight there was choice. 

32 minutes ago, Big Red Rich said:

My feelings exactly ...

Remember Cardiff away some years ago when the owner Sam Hammam (Sam The Man,) walked all around the ground including in front of the visiting City, fans waving  a huge Welsh flag while the Welsh national anthem was being sung by the Cardiff fans. Now that was very provocative but great for the atmosphere. This in a time when there was  far more trouble between the 2 sets of fans. On reflection , may have been the famous Scotty Murray match. 

Yesterday in an all seater stadium , in a time when thankfully crowd trouble is extremely rare at the Gate,to not allow the English flag to be displayed in a football match between English and Welsh teams was an absolute sell out to the PC brigade. It was also noticeable from my seat in the Lower Lansdown that around 30 stewards were policing our singing section. The Atyeo by contrast had about 6 ! Beyond belief .

So much is right about the Club at the moment , both On and Off the pitch but this absurd decision to not allow our National Flag to be displayed needs to be explained by the Club with the person who made the call taking full responsibility

Thank you to the fans who spent time planning and building the initial display . We appreciate your efforts to build on what is rapidly becoming an intimidating atmosphere at the Gate.

2 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

A club charter? ******* hell. That shows how much of a business this has become and how far away it is from being a football club.

Making Bristol Proud? ******* nonsense yet again.

You can come to a Lansdown Business Breakfast, buy insurance or even energy - and don’t forget to quote BCFC. Mark ******* Ashton will issue lengthy press releases about injustice from the FA.

You’ll even get calls asking you to plough more money into the club.

And then some clown presumably allows this to happen only to then have a change of heart.

I’m guessing Lansdown wasn’t the brains behind HL, or he’s now employing complete and utter idiots.

I'm guessing Lansdown wasn't the brains behind HL??  Ha ha !

Buisness my arse it's still a football club !!

3 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

A club charter? ******* hell. That shows how much of a business this has become and how far away it is from being a football club.

A club charter is an EFL requirement: "20.1 All Clubs must publish a Customer Charter".

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-4---clubs/

8 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

Remember Cardiff away some years ago when the owner Sam Hammam (Sam The Man,) walked all around the ground including in front of the visiting City, fans waving  a huge Welsh flag while the Welsh national anthem was being sung by the Cardiff fans. Now that was very provocative but great for the atmosphere. This in a time when there was  far more trouble between the 2 sets of fans. On reflection , may have been the famous Scotty Murray match. 

Yesterday in an all seater stadium , in a time when thankfully crowd trouble is extremely rare at the Gate,to not allow the English flag to be displayed in a football match between English and Welsh teams was an absolute sell out to the PC brigade. It was also noticeable from my seat in the Lower Lansdown that around 30 stewards were policing our singing section. The Atyeo by contrast had about 6 ! Beyond belief .

So much is right about the Club at the moment , both On and Off the pitch but this absurd decision to not allow our National Flag to be displayed needs to be explained by the Club with the person who made the call taking full responsibility

Thank you to the fans who spent time planning and building the initial display . We appreciate your efforts to build on what is rapidly becoming an intimidating atmosphere at the Gate.

The 30 stewards are their because people who haven't got tickets to be in that area are going in there ruining for the people who have genuine season tickets for that area. 

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

The 30 stewards are their because people who haven't got tickets to be in that area are going in there ruining for the people who have genuine season tickets for that area. 

Nope. Those ticket checking stewards are on the stairways leading up from the concourse

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

It appears they don’t?  It seems like this was to of their list, enough to task club staff with changing the cards around.

47 minutes ago, simon uk said:

We weren't declaring war with Wales! It was a football match with passion. Did you not see the huge Welsh flag in the Atyeo and hear the Welsh Anthem? Too many jobsworths and politically correct do gooders making decisions nowadays. Makes my blood boil.

Archived