IGNORED

Please Help Me

Port Said Red

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I know it's November, I knw things can change, I know there is still a long way to go and I know we are over achieving currently, but I keep looking at the table and find myself concentrating on those above us and almost blocking out the rest of the league. I think it's that sudden gap that has opened, 4 teams 4 points clear and one of them is us!! 

In the immortal words of Lennon and Macca (not that one) "Help me get my feet back on the ground". 

I wish Macca had said to Lennon 'let's stay together so I won't have to form Wings'.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

The one thing that’s annoying me about the league table is Nottingham Forest. They’ve had an indifferent start to the season but because they haven’t drawn any games, they’re right up there in the mix. 

The 15ers haven't drawn a game either. Fat lot of good it's doing them though :laugh:

We`ll be OK until the big clubs below us pick up and we have to get back. Still as long as we buy a couple in January - perhaps look to Scandinavia again to see if a Norwegian would improve us. We must be careful to keep all our dealings above board though - we don`t want to fall foul of the taxman.

53 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

But then he may not have written Live and Let Die. 

True but a cost benefit analysis still puts me in the 'as you were' camp.

not Liam Gallacher's new album though, i hasten to add.

edit it was Macca alone who did Live and Let Die - perhaps a break then back to the Beatles would have been best?

18 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

True but a cost benefit analysis still puts me in the 'as you were' camp.

not Liam Gallacher's new album though, i hasten to add.

edit it was Macca alone who did Live and Let Die - perhaps a break then back to the Beatles would have been best?

Everything written about the Beatles suggest that they hadn't been a band as such for a long time before the end. The Magical Mystery Tour was apparently put together by Macca alone with off cuts and demos. I don't think there was anything to go back to.

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I know it's November, I knw things can change, I know there is still a long way to go and I know we are over achieving currently, but I keep looking at the table and find myself concentrating on those above us and almost blocking out the rest of the league. I think it's that sudden gap that has opened, 4 teams 4 points clear and one of them is us!! 

In the immortal words of Lennon and Macca (not that one) "Help me get my feet back on the ground". 

Why when we are 'Flying'? The way I see it 'it's getting better all the time' due to LJ 'fixing a hole' in the midfield. Ok I'll shut up now! 

5 hours ago, old_eastender said:

I'm normally pessimistic (or should that be realistic) about how we will fare, but for the first time this season after the Cardiff win I found myself looking at the table and only concentrating on the top part. We have 6 league games before the Man.Utd QF, IF we could pick up another 12 points from those 18 that should cement us in the top six, then I would really think...

'We can work it out' and 'come together' and if they 'don't let me down', 'here comes the sun'.

No, you are definitely normally a pessimist, and not particularly close to a realist.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

I'm loving these Beatles references!  

Just imagine yourself at a station...

I hate to be that guy but neither of those are Beatles references. Imagine is a Lennon solo song and Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds goes "Picture yourself on a train in a station"

Sorry, I realise pedantry is "Here, There, and Everywhere" these days. I also know your response will be 'zz' (or "I'm only sleeping") but I couldn't "wait" to pick you up on your error.

Now, "don't let me down" and take this in the manner intended...

Archived