gate , all he had to do was to tap the ball into the net

but no. he tried to be clever and tried to back heal the ball

and of course he missed :D;)

no he wouldn't be welcomed back. first of all he's an

AUSSIE and second when he played a game for us at ashton

gate , all he had to do was to tap the ball into the net

but no. he tried to be clever and tried to back heal the ball

and of course he missed :D  ;)

Maybe he wont be welcomed back by you but every city fan dont think a player is rubbish just because of the country he is from, and also we all make mistakes.So i would love agostino to come back to the gate and i expect most other city fans would agree ? ? ?

it's true us new zealanders and the aussies don't get

on (especially in sport) but if they play for bristol

city then i will support him . would you be the same

if a french man was playing for city???

i have many friends that are aussies it is just a love/hate

thing :D;):D:ph34r:

Guest Cyprus_Red
Maybe he wont be welcomed back by you but every city fan dont think a player is rubbish just because of the country he is from, and also we all make mistakes.So i would love agostino to come back to the gate and i expect most other city fans would agree ? ? ?

I would definately welcome him

it's true us new zealanders and the aussies don't get

on (especially in sport) but if they play for bristol

city then i will support him . would you be the same

if a french man was playing for city???

i have many friends that are aussies it is just a love/hate

thing :D  ;)  :D  :ph34r:

I understand, my mate comes from New zealand :city:

Interesting one. Tony Thorpe took a lot of grief for being honest and stating early on in his final contracted season that he would be looking to move - I personally had no problem with this - he was always a player I rated and in my opinion we have missed him, but we move on.

Agostino however, just walked out of the club one morning, when the concept of the bosman was in its infancy, and because, at the time, he joined a foreign club, he probably cost us £750,000, which would have been his value if he had joined another British club. I actually do not have a problem with this either, BUT for some reason he has never been given the rough ride on here that TT had to endure.

Co-incidentally around this time Darren Barnard was renegotiating his contract, ended up signing for us when he could also have left the club on a lucrative (For the player) Bosman.

Weeks after signing for us he ended up signing for a premeiership club for(you guessed it) £750,000. So tonights question is: Which hapless Premiership manager was pleased to pay £750,000 for a player he could have signed for absolutely nowt if he'd moved in a few weeks earlier?

I'd have him back. Remember the goal against the gas where he ran half the legth of the pitch and elbowed some Gashead in the ribs before scoring. Fantastic header of the ball and anyone that's played in the German first for as long as he has would be a great experienced professional for our young 'uns to learn off. Won't be able to afford him though. :D

Interesting one. Tony Thorpe took a lot of grief for being honest and stating early on in his final contracted season that he would be looking to move - I personally had no problem with this - he was always a player I rated and in my opinion we have missed him, but we move on.

Agostino however, just walked out of the club one morning, when the concept of the bosman was in its infancy, and because, at the time, he joined a foreign club, he probably cost us £750,000, which would have been his value if he had joined another British club. I actually do not have a problem with this either, BUT for some reason he has never been given the rough ride on here that TT had to endure.

Co-incidentally around this time Darren Barnard was renegotiating his contract, ended up signing for us when he could also have left the club on a lucrative (For the player) Bosman.

Weeks after signing for us he ended up signing for a premeiership club for(you guessed it) £750,000. So tonights question is: Which hapless Premiership manager was pleased to pay £750,000 for a player he could have signed for absolutely nowt if he'd moved in a few weeks earlier?

Ahhhh,it was all future planning, a cunning plan to get transfer funds into the club ready and waiting.

or maybe not.

:D

Guest Big Si

I always tried to keep an eye on ago to see how hes getting on. A couple of years ago, AC Milan were supposed to be sniffing around, and they were quoted an £18 million transfer fee. Some people may also remember the scored for Australia aganist brazil.

He left us for a huge salary increase, and is now at his peak - we could never afford him, but it is wishful thinking that we could get him here, he is class.

Si

Would it be a Mr D. Wilson :D

But I still rate his goal against the gas as one of the best city ever scored against them

If memory serves me right he recieved the ball on the halve way line beat two players and hit the back of the net.

Archived