IGNORED

It all kicked off in Bristol (Merged)

CyderInACan

20 minutes ago, Bcfc2009 said:

Yes

We played against the Three Horseshoes Sunday morning footy about 20 years ago

They were flying top of the league,really  good side but had that edge which helps sometimes 

Came out to the sticks, where I was living and playing for at the time

We found ourselves 3 or 4 up against the run of play- they lost there heads and started scoring own goals - left back dribbled around 3 teammates and lobbed the keeper 

In the end we won 11-1 and got Evil Post team of the week 

Classic memory, for me 

Didnt realise it was a 'City' pub like it is now 

There must have been just one reader or member on this forum who can remember this, just one? 

18 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

We played against the Three Horseshoes Sunday morning footy about 20 years ago

They were flying top of the league,really  good side but had that edge which helps sometimes 

Came out to the sticks, where I was living and playing for at the time

We found ourselves 3 or 4 up against the run of play- they lost there heads and started scoring own goals - left back dribbled around 3 teammates and lobbed the keeper 

In the end we won 11-1 and got Evil Post team of the week 

Classic memory, for me 

Didnt realise it was a 'City' pub like it is now 

There must have been just one reader or member on this forum who can remember this, just one? 

I played for Bristol City Timbers in the mid 90s which home base was the 3 horse shoes on a Saturday. 

The Sunday team which was based at the horseshoes and then 3 lions was Uplands construction which I also played for.

What team did you play for , I don't recall this match, I don't recall any team being called the 3 horseshoe in the mid 90s. It may have been a different 3 horseshoe pub.

55 minutes ago, bs3 said:

I played for Bristol City Timbers in the mid 90s which home base was the 3 horse shoes on a Saturday. 

The Sunday team which was based at the horseshoes and then 3 lions was Uplands construction which I also played for.

What team did you play for , I don't recall this match, I don't recall any team being called the 3 horseshoe in the mid 90s. It may have been a different 3 horseshoe pub.

This would have been late nineties 

Bristol and Wessex Sunday league for Wickwar Wanderers (in the sticks)

It might have been a different pub, not sure, so long ago - was a funny morning though 

How did a newbie get the okay from mods to make his one and only post a threatening one? And if it isn't classed as threatening I'd like to know what meeting face to face generally means from a self styled hooligan 

That said the tone of the post doesn't surprise me considering the subject matter of his book!

I have no concerns with the book per se, apart from the tired, covered a million times, subject matter based on some truth, half truth's and drunken memories.

Hope you have enough like minded people to make it a worthwhile financial venture for you. Maybe you want to donate some of the money made from it, to the NHS for money and time wasted treating retarded football fans who shouldn't have needed treating in the first place.

Archived