IGNORED

It all kicked off in Bristol (Merged)

CyderInACan

People on here ITK, will know that PL is in as good a position as most to write a book. Infact I take my hat off to him for finding a publisher. Wait for publication, read it and then comment AFTER you have read it. Rather than cast dispersions before publication.

Football fan culture today v culture in the 80's, 90's has changed drastically, infact I prefer the 80's, 90's when I got a real buzz going to the football. Not today.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Managed to find my way  on the front of the original book !

2/3 up on rhs, sat up next to the flag - to the left of  me are a group of City Lads who came from Keynsham 

IMG_1115.JPG.b7350dbf15a68c94013c1b353a364a4d.JPG

When are you writing a book then BBSB? Some good stories to tell!

On 13/05/2017 at 15:23, richwwtk said:

I wonder what would happen if he did...

Hi Rich, I've spent my life largely on both sides of the line.   I've mixed with nawty boys and upstanding members of the public.  I'm working a lot at the moment with the naughty boys.  

My observation is that once you cut through behaviour and demeanour there isn't that much difference between the two.  Both hold their ground, both have a reverse-type psychology going on (i.e./I'm justified, they're not).  I've experienced wonderful attributes from both 'upstanding citizens' and (what you may call...?) 'hooligan ****** scum' - in fact I've had a lot of loyalty and virtue from the supposed hooligan element.

I'll be interested to read the book due mainly to glimpsing into City before I started going regularly.

There's a story in the Bible (won't bash! but there's truth in there) whereby the pharasies (law keeping Jews) were about to stone to death a prostitute (for sinning).  JC said: "Fine! Stone her to death.  But let those without sin cast the first stone".  The Pharasies walked away, ashamed and planning to kill the guy.

6 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

There's a story in the Bible (won't bash! but there's truth in there) whereby the pharasies (law keeping Jews) were about to stone to death a prostitute (for sinning).  JC said: "Fine! Stone her to death.  But let those without sin cast the first stone".  The Pharasies walked away, ashamed and planning to kill the guy.

The bible was made up, too! 

14 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Managed to find my way  on the front of the original book !

2/3 up on rhs, sat up next to the flag - to the left of  me are a group of City Lads who came from Keynsham 

IMG_1115.JPG.b7350dbf15a68c94013c1b353a364a4d.JPG

Really good read that one, also the Dougie Brimson books were very good.

17 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The preface does read,

The characters in this book are entirely fictional, any similarity to any person (living or dead) is entirely coincidental.

Jesus 'H' Christ.

I must have missed that, but I'll take a random guy's on the internet word for it.

Must be another reason why annual best selling book charts don't include the Bible, because it goes without saying.  It just blows the competition apart.  Entirely fictional, not principal.  

I'll stop the sarcasm now.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I've stood my ground on several occasions as a youngster in the 70's and 80's ,  my club was not for the taking .

It just seems completely ridiculous to want to injure somebody because of the team they support.

I never searched for trouble but was prepared to defend my fellow reds.

What were you armed with, Major - quips? one liners? Double entendrès? Mother-in-Law jokes? non-sequiturs? surreal jibberish? Monty Python catch phrases? Two Ronnies style word play? Or just a bit of no-nonsense Dick Emery??

2 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

What were you armed with, Major - quips? one liners? Double entendrès? Mother-in-Law jokes? non-sequiturs? surreal jibberish? Monty Python catch phrases? Two Ronnies style word play? Or just a bit of no-nonsense Dick Emery??

More like a spot of slap and tickle. Sans tickle. 

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Never involved myself but know most of the Taunton lads from late 80s/90s! Looking forward to this book.

Plymouth away..........

3 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Never involved myself but know most of the Taunton lads from late 80s/90s! Looking forward to this book.

Learn't there "trade" rucking with squaddies on a weekend.

One was a qualified accountant! (allegedly)

the bit that surprises me...some think that terrace violence was restricted to the 80s and 90s. Hell fire I remember enough rucks when I was an early teenager (and before) in the 70's.

A quick look at history will recall ground closures due to violence pre WW2.

CSF? Will I buy the book? Yes. It involves the team I support and no doubt I was at some of those games (home and away)

Do I know anyone from CSF? Yes. Did I join 'em? No, but I was bloody glad he was around at The Blues in the early 90's... mind you as an 8 year old kid, I watched my ol' man (RIP) who squared up to a Pompey fan who made a beeline for us both at the back of the Grandstand.

I remember being dragged behind the counter of the Ashton Road Chippie (by the women behind the counter bless 'em) after an altercation between City and Cardiff one evening.

It wasn't all honey pre 80's

On 18/05/2017 at 20:10, Jack Dawe said:

Why do I hear Fawlty's voice when I read your post ? 

Archived