IGNORED

Rainbow coloured corner flags at football matches starting Saturday

Never to the dark side

Just now, Robbored said:

I don't know what the national percentage stats are for homosexual men but let's say it's 15% of the population. It therefore suggests that there will be 15% of homosexual men in any particular profession. Builders, lawyers, pilots, soldiers and of course footballers.

Its nothing to do with PC - it's a statical fact.

What utter rubbish! 

Lets keep using your 15%, because I’ve no idea what the national ratio is. 

There may be 60-70% in more media/theatrical/artistic vocations. Leaving far lower percentages in others, likely many of those that you’ve listed. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I don't know what the national percentage stats are for homosexual men but let's say it's 15% of the population. It therefore suggests that there will be 15% of homosexual men in any particular profession. Builders, lawyers, pilots, soldiers and of course footballers.

I’ll guarantee that their are jobs/professions/roles - whatever you want to call them, that have higher and lower levels of homosexual men in them, that’s just the truth, not PC bullshit.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

For Gods sake man do not bring facts into it. It is actually closer to between 5 and 10% depending on survey.

5 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

For Gods sake man do not bring facts into it. It is actually closer to between 5 and 10% depending on survey.

I'll take your word for it AW.

Whatever the percentage is it will be reflected across every type of profession. 

Its straigforward common sense. 

It ain't rocket science.......

Thanks to the BBC altleft propaganda machine, I've already crossed the rubicon to become an 'all inclusive sport' advocate. 

We're all just 'beings', so just one competition for all across each of the sports and only one prize pot.

Anyone, who thinks we should have seperate women and men's competitions are just facist pigs. 

Bravo Comrades. 

PS. Don't forget to blame Trump and/or Brexit if this goes pear-shaped. 

1 minute ago, Moor2Sea said:

Thanks to the BBC altleft propaganda machine, I've already crossed the rubicon to become an 'all inclusive sport' advocate. 

We're all just 'beings', so just one competition for all across each of the sports and only one prize pot.

Anyone, who thinks we should have seperate women and men's competitions are just facist pigs. 

Bravo Comrades. 

PS. Don't forget to blame Trump and/or Brexit if this goes pear-shaped. 

In 2017.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just over 1m people in Britain identify themselves as lesbian, gay or bisexual.

1.7% of males identify themselves as gay.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/lgbt-people-uk-gay-lesbian-numbers-figures-record-high-a7982571.html

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Doing a quick google search suggests that the actual percentage albeit in 2013, was just 1.5%! 

It does say that almost 5% refused to answer or “didn’t know” so even if you “credit” that percentage to the debate, you are probably looking at 6% MAX as a national ratio. 

So, even without allowing for higher percentages within other industries, which is undoubtably the case, you COULD suggest that 1-1.5 players per first team squad COULD be gay. 

Now consider that it’s a male dominated, traditionally working class sport, with players rarely excelling academically and probably not very influenced by the theatre or arts.... is it starting to look slightly more plausible that there aren’t actually that many footballers waiting to come out..?!  

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'll take your word for it AW.

Whatever the percentage is it will be reflected across every type of profession. 

Its straigforward common sense. 

It ain't rocket science.......

So you believe that only 1.5% of men at the local dance school or amature dramatic club would be gay..?

I don't think changing the colour of corner flags is going to inspire the world in any manner. I don't know what's on the flags at the moment to be honest.

I'm all for equality and anyone being able to come out as being attracted to whoever and no discrimination for it. What I'm not a fan of though is people that say they have no gender, they're not male or female and shouldn't be referred to as "him" or "her" but instead, "they". Or people with a penis who say they're female or the opposite. It's literally just not correct and too much arguing about PCness on it.

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

So you believe that only 1.5% of men at the local dance school or amature dramatic club would be gay..?

I look at the national statistics and draw my conclusions from them. I don't pidgeon hole particular professions as more 'gay' than others.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I look at the national statistics and draw my conclusions from them. I don't pidgeon hole particular professions as more 'gay' than others.

Which would explain why you are talking shite on this subject then..!

We are talking about a particular profession. Namely “professional footballer” 

Also, you clearly HADN’T “looked at the national statistics to draw your own conclusions” because you had no idea, not even a close guestimation about what they were..! 

Does this mean that as an English club, playing in the EFL - correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that stand for the English Football League - that it would also be even more appropriate for corner flags to display the Cross of St. George. Particularly around our national day.

Not necessarily all season, after all, we may soon have to pander to McDonald's, Brian Steele, Kick It Out, Rajanis, RNLI, RSPB, The EU and God knows who else?

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I shall elaborate and reiterate my conclusions....!

If there are, say, 2,500 professional footballers in England. (Approx 25 x 92 & round it up) 

That would mean that, by national statistics, there COULD be 37 ish gay players. 

Now, are you telling me that Prime time TV on a Saturday night couldn’t easily account for those 37 ish gay individuals above the national ratio..?

So, is it really inconceivable that football just doesn’t have any noteworthy number of gay players..? So why this big campaign to hunt them down and then make them come out..?! 

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

But a national average doesn't represent a particular section of society. The clue is in the phrase 'national average'.

By your standard, for arguments sake, 1% of the population in England support Bristol City therefore 1% of Bristolians will support Bristol City. 

17 minutes ago, freezer said:

Does this mean that as an English club, playing in the EFL - correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that stand for the English Football League - that it would also be even more appropriate for corner flags to display the Cross of St. George. Particularly around our national day.

Not necessarily all season, after all, we may soon have to pander to McDonald's, Brian Steele, Kick It Out, Rajanis, RNLI, RSPB, The EU and God knows who else?

And have the league enforce it so Cardiff have to do it too :englandsmile4wf:

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why don’t they just get the players to play wearing mini skirts and have done with it..?! 

The World has gone ####ing mental! It will soon be socially unacceptable to be in a heterosexual relationship with your wife. Especially if you are outrageous enough to be white & work..! 

It's all part of a radical feminist agenda to undermine what it means to be a man. The vast majority of men are tolerant, understanding and receptive to friends and family members being gay but we are made feel like dinosaurs because we are heterosexual, inclined towards leadership roles and interested in football or whatever sport or pastime is associated with being masculine. There is a concentrated effort to promote gender fluidity and it is having an confusing and detrimental effect on younger people. All we need is to teach people to respect differences and treat everyone well regardless of colour, race, religion or orientation. I'm glad I grew up in a different era.

P.S. I'm all in favour of feminism but not the radical, looney, variety!

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Where is all this LGBT stuff coming from? Who's leading it? What is the agenda behind it? Why is it being thought of?

I notice the the education secretary is also advising teachers at all girl and all boy schools, not to refer to them as boys or girls when addressing them as a group.

The whole world is going absolutely feckin mental. It's getting beyond ridiculous.

All it does is cause resentment...not awareness.

It's all going to backfire soon...and I'm under the impression that's what the 'agenda' actually wants. Social unrest amongst everyone.

Couldn't disagree more with your view. These issues are being thought of because they are an issue and need to be addressed. Working in education I see the increasing levels of understanding, tolerance and acceptance of differences between young people as being a real positive force for good. In my opinion there is no agenda just a reality that we are living in the 21st century and not everyone has caught up. 

All this talk of percentages made me think of one of my favourite Tommy Cooper gags:

"Apparently 1 in 5 people in the world are Chinese. And there are 5 people in my family so it must be one of them. It's either me, my mum, my dad, my elder brother Colin or my younger brother Ho-Chau-Chu.

But I think it's Colin."

Colour of the flags makes zero difference to me. Literally zero. I don't even know what colour they are. 

If this raises awareness or makes one member of the LGBT community feel that they can be themselves at Football, then it's a good thing that does not cause any offence to anyone else. 

Archived