IGNORED

5 wins

BS3_RED

Just now, BS3_RED said:

from 52 points and safety. We could be safe by by New years. Never thought I would be saying this but .....well done Lee. You have certainly turned it around.

21 points above third bottom. Even if we went on a run of last season`s proportions - which we won`t - we would probably still be well above them.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

21 points above third bottom. Even if we went on a run of last season`s proportions - which we won`t - we would probably still be well above them.

If we went 9 defeats in a row, that would leave us with a win ratio of -2, and that would be just below mid table. Also it looks like a lower points tally at the bottom this season will be needed to survive, I would think 46 points will be more than enough. 

Just now, 1bristolcity said:

If we went 9 defeats in a row, that would leave us with a win ratio of -2, and that would be just below mid table. Also it looks like a lower points tally at the bottom this season will be needed to survive, I would think 46 points will be more than enough. 

I agree totally - there are some truly awful sides down there and I can see at least a couple being tailed off by March.

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I agree totally - there are some truly awful sides down there and I can see at least a couple being tailed off by March.

This time last season only two teams had failed to reach 20 points. Cardiff were 22nd with 20.  This season 5 teams are yet to hit 20.  Barnsley are the team on 20 and they are 19th! So yes, it is currently looking like you'll need fewer than 50 for survival.

Interestingly the other end of the table looked very similar to this season. Newcastle were on 43, Brighton on 42 and the team in 3rd? Reading on...37.

Head hear to see how the table looked after each round. http://www.worldfootball.net/schedule/eng-championship-2016-2017-spieltag/20/

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Stop this negativity and look at how many points we are from the top. Savour this promotion season.

Not being negative, just being 'City' After last season it's been a revelation, that's why we love this club of ours never do things by the book. However as I have said I don't want top 6 I want top 2 that should be our goal, and I think we can just about do it. But it's nice to see us relegation free, so we can really go for it at the right end.  

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

This time last season only two teams had failed to reach 20 points. Cardiff were 22nd with 20.  This season 5 teams are yet to hit 20.  Barnsley are the team on 20 and they are 19th! So yes, it is currently looking like you'll need fewer than 50 for survival.

Interestingly the other end of the table looked very similar to this season. Newcastle were on 43, Brighton on 42 and the team in 3rd? Reading on...37.

Head hear to see how the table looked after each round. http://www.worldfootball.net/schedule/eng-championship-2016-2017-spieltag/20/

Blimey forgot Cardiff were 3rd bottom back then, hope the real Cardiff implode this season.

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Blimey forgot Cardiff were 3rd bottom back then, hope the real Cardiff implode this season.

This time last season:

Wolves, 19th, 22 points

Cardiff, 22nd, 20 points

Us, 14th, 27 points

Sheff Utd, L1, 3rd, 38 points 

Disgusting how much further than us those two have progressed :P

16 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Stop this negativity and look at how many points we are from the top. 

Quite right WRR. 

I get the impression that some are still shell shocked after last seasons dismal run of loses - despite our obvious improvement throughout not only the squad but the entire structure within the club.

Everything is different this season and thankfully SL stuck by LJ otherwise we could well be struggling under some other manager right now - along with an entirely different bunch of coaches.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Quite right WRR. 

I get the impression that some are still shell shocked after last seasons dismal run of loses - despite our obvious improvement throughout not only the squad but the entire structure within the club.

Everything is different this season and thankfully SL stuck by LJ otherwise we could well be struggling under some other manager right now - along with an entirely different bunch of coaches.

The 'negativity'was bit tongue in cheek, but reaching safety is the first priority for the likes of us. 

5 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I had to check how we compare with the 2008 play off year...

After 20 games we had 34 points and were 4th (our eventual position).

After 30 games we had reached 51 points and were 3rd. Should be achievable this season.

After 40 games we had 67 points and were joint 2nd. Let's not go on further from there.

We're on track to better that points tally which would be some achievement for Lee Johnson particularly considering the father and son story.

I thought this was about our recent form- 5 wins and a draw in 7 is pretty fantastic by any standards- plus the Cup win v Palace also.

In terms of the top 2- the bar is being steadily raised and not always through parachute payments. Sometimes yes but not always. After seeing that site for comparison purposes:

• 2012-13- 1. Cardiff 41 2. Palace 40
  • 2013-14- 1. QPR 42 2. Burnley 40.
  • 2014-15 1. Derby 38 2. Ipswich 37
  • 2015-16 1. Brighton 42 2. Middlesborough 40
  • 2016-17 1. Newcastle 43 2. Brighton 42

And now this season of course? 43 points only gets you 2nd and Wolves have 44 with still a game in hand.

Steady rises in that, with 14-15 being the exception. Used to be an average of 2 points per game gets you promoted.  No longer so sure. Now it probably gives you a 50% chance and not much more.

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think that was more to do with them appointing Neil Warnock - they had eight points when he took over, his first game in charge was against us and then he dragged them right up the table. Not doing too badly this season either...

Yeah and they seem the real deal atm as well

2017-11-27-ch-ad.png

2017-11-27-ch-att.png

2017-11-27-ch-def.png

Archived