IGNORED

City fist eleven Saturday

Sparkz 76

Was thinking the other day the Middlesbrough team has had 40 million pounds spent and was wondering what we spent on our starting 11

GK Fielding £200K Derby

RB Wright £750K Preston 

CB Flint £300K Swindon 

CB Baker £4 M Villa

LB Magnússon £2.5 Juventus

RM Brownhill Free 

CM Smith £100K player swap Oldham

CM Pack £100K Cheltenham 

LM Bryan Academy product

AM Paterson £250K Forest

CF Bobby Reid Academy product

so I make our starting 11 under ten million pounds and we played Middlesborough off the park for 70 mins not bad for a team in 3rd in championship 

2 players accounting for 60% of our teams cost. I wonder how much profit we will eventually make on these players when inevitably they go on to pastures new sometime in the future - it looks really good business, hopefully we have a new crop coming up as well to keep the momentum going. We were told to enjoy our players as their star rises, as we look to find reasonable priced talent, nurture them and sell when their stock is high.

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Most of our best players cost nothing or next to nothing then.

Hope we can keep this team together.  Starting to remind me a bit of the team that got us promotion to the top flight last time minus a centre forward.

Famara Cheesliou will get us over the line

From day one a fit Korey Smith has been an absolute steal. 

Did we really pay £4M for Baker? I thought it was suggested we got him for a lot less than that as they wanted him off the wage bill? To be honest though,  even if that figure is right I think he has been worth every penny. I said to somebody on Saturday, the fact that you rarely notice Baker just shows what a good centre half he is. He rarely has to make last ditch challenges, hardly gets beaten or gives the ball away and is composure personified. 

He has a knock on effect on Flint's performances too, he knows he can go and attack a ball and Bakes will tidy up behind him if necessary. 

Quite a few of those valuations are badly wrong, Cotts said himself we paid £300k plus Liam Kelly for Korey as an example.

Brownhill wasn't a free, either, somewhere between £150k and £200k apparently..

I also doubt Baker was £4m.

Paterson was rumoured to be £750k.

27 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Very good deal for us though.  Bakes is a great addition to the squad.

The Villa faithful were pissed right off that 'potato head' Bruce let Baker leave. They rated him highly.

The fact that he'd been at City on loan last season was certainly  influencial in his decision to sign for us

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The Villa faithful were pissed right off that 'potato head' Bruce let Baker leave. They rated him highly.

The fact that he'd been at City on loan last season was certainly  influencial in his decision to sign for us

He wasn't on loan last season..

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What was he then?  

He returned to Villa at the end of of the season. I assumed he'd been on loan.

That was two seasons ago Robbo. I know it's easy to get confused at our age. :) 

Anyone wanting a laugh, have a look at the valuations on this site for the Borro squad.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-middlesbrough/kader/verein/641/saison_id/2017

and ours.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/bristol-city/startseite/verein/698

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Quite a few of those valuations are badly wrong, Cotts said himself we paid £300k plus Liam Kelly for Korey as an example.

Brownhill wasn't a free, either, somewhere between £150k and £200k apparently..

I also doubt Baker was £4m.

Paterson was rumoured to be £750k.

Your missing the point it wouldn’t make much difference with the ones I was wrong on still very good assembled team for the money 

Archived