IGNORED

Bob Taylor interview on local radio

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

speaking about the 3-1 FA cup win over Chelsea back in 1990

6pm monday night sounds of the City

Thanks for the heads-up NTTDS.

Super BOB was one of my favourite all time players and I remember this game like it was yesterday.... especially being pelted with rocks by the Chelsea nutters!

7 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

What a night that was! What a dump The Vetch was!

Remember the locals not being too happy with our performance. Remember being penned in down a little side street after and hearing police sirens as our hosts had a tear up with the police!!

9 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Was at that game , our mini bus got attacked on the way back when we were stuck at the traffic light. Taffy bastards seemed to come from everywhere :laughcont:

10 hours ago, Sniper said:

Thanks for the heads-up NTTDS.

Super BOB was one of my favourite all time players and I remember this game like it was yesterday.... especially being pelted with rocks by the Chelsea nutters!

Just watched this again. What a day that was. Absolute scenes - before scenes were even scenes! 

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Bloody hell, that was 'lively' coming out of the away end that night, absolutely mental! 

Wasn`t it, the jacks just seemed to come from everywhere, I swear they came up through the sewers or something. We just went for it through the Heddlu and managed to get back to the car. Foot down and didn`t stop for anything until we got back to the M4.:P

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Wasn`t it, the jacks just seemed to come from everywhere, I swear they came up through the sewers or something. We just went for it through the Heddlu and managed to get back to the car. Foot down and didn`t stop for anything until we got back to the M4.:P

mental night all round. Even when I got to the M4, I thought I was on my Jack Jones heading back toward Bristol, when on a longish dark section I thought to myself "Christ I'm catching that car quickly". The lights of the car in front were getting nearer and nearer... very quickly. It took a few seconds to dawn on me that the car in front was REVERSING up the middle lane of the M4. Once my brain fully connected the unexpected in front of me, it took only a fraction of a second to swerve out of the way. Absolute lunatic!!!

13 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Funny how that 89/90 season always gets talked about the most on this forum and brings back so many good memorys for so many people 

It the only season i can remember when you turned up and expected to dominate and win every game. When we lost it came as a huge shock.

It was a complete team, that got very lucky with injuries apart from Super Bob at the end of the season.

How the Gas beat us to the title I'll never know. We were 7 or 8 points clear of them at one point!

17 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Funny how that 89/90 season always gets talked about the most on this forum and brings back so many good memorys for so many people 

A glorious season followed by an unusually good showing from England in the World Cup. Not forgetting the original run of The Bountyhunter in equally fine fettle  

From that team Bob, Rennie and Biff all went on to play in the Prem, too. 

9 minutes ago, TRL said:

It the only season i can remember when you turned up and expected to dominate and win every game. When we lost it came as a huge shock.

It was a complete team, that got very lucky with injuries apart from Super Bob at the end of the season.

How the Gas beat us to the title I'll never know. We were 7 or 8 points clear of them at one point!

you could name all the rovers team back then, i would not know more then 2 now thats how big the gap is 

Archived