IGNORED

Bob Taylor interview on local radio

Never to the dark side

Just now, sticks 1969 said:

you could name all the rovers team back then, i would not know more then 2 now thats how big the gap is 

Aye that's very true.. I guess thats what happens when you have a proper rivalry when you are in the same division.  I could probably name 8 or 9 of their 89 team now without looking it up. Where as now i can probably name 2 or 3 at best. Harrison Bodin and haha i dont know his name but the beardy one. After that I haven't a clue, I'd probably recognise names from hearing them mentioned on Radio Bristol.

51 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Wasn`t it, the jacks just seemed to come from everywhere, I swear they came up through the sewers or something. We just went for it through the Heddlu and managed to get back to the car. Foot down and didn`t stop for anything until we got back to the M4.:P

I think the rousing chorus of "and now you're gonna belieeeve ussssss.....the Welsh are ****ing sh1t" touched a nerve, locally. 

Don't recall any bother after the game. Only remember stopping somewhere near Cardiff for a pint of Brains. What a nice pint that was....

Just now, Jack Dawe said:

I think the rousing chorus of "and now you're gonna belieeeve ussssss.....the Welsh are ****ing sh1t" touched a nerve, locally. 

Don't recall any bother after the game. Only remember stopping somewhere near Cardiff for a pint of Brains. What a nice pint that was....

Sometimes the little things mean so much.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

You are probably right BS4, I genuinely don't know.

Well, sad old git as I am, just did a bit of research and found the whole game (in crap quality!) - if you’ve got an hour and a half to spare have a peek below....that was when St Andrews was a proper old school, initimidating place to visit....and the scorers were Taylor 2, Turner and Shelton....I remember Dave Rennie having a stormer though...

56 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

He didn’t get a hatrick in that game...I remember him notching a couple but not three - Turner and Shelton got the other two?

Two ? hat ricks that's season ?

Swansea (a)

Crewe (h) (Completing his hat trick minutes before doing his hamstring with a rocket  :grr: )

1 hour ago, poland_exile said:

maddening to think we got shot of him for 300 grand. epic player was Bob. 

Unfortunately Bob was all or nothing. When his confidence went his whole game went.  For some reason he just could not re-discover his form. In hindsight we should have stuck with him, but at the time he had not proved he could cut it at a higher level In a season and a half and before hand at Leeds.

Obviously the wrong decision but I am guessing when you are looking for money to purchase the Polish George Best (some think a great player some think massive waste of time) a snap decision is made.

For me Bob on form had no equal in my time going to the gate, but Bob off form was Brian Mitchellesque.

Still my hero though and wish we had kept him.

4 hours ago, TRL said:

It the only season i can remember when you turned up and expected to dominate and win every game. When we lost it came as a huge shock.

It was a complete team, that got very lucky with injuries apart from Super Bob at the end of the season.

How the Gas beat us to the title I'll never know. We were 7 or 8 points clear of them at one point!

Spot on that! On the rare occasions we went a goal down you knew the least we'd get was a point, more often than not a win. Complete faith in the team and they had complete faith in each other. For those young 'uns who missed seeing them....we were privileged! If you want to see commitment, check out Psycho's sliding tackle in the wind, rain and mud vs Chelsea in the FA Cup.

#Legend

34 minutes ago, Juan Kerr said:

Didn`t he get a hatrick at Chester? Memory is a bit woolly.

Don't recall it JK but one of the stattos on here will recall one way or another

Remember the home game against Chester that season - wet cold and windy night and we struggled against a relegation side

An absolute ripper from Biff from about 30 yards snaffled the points :clapping:

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I meant Bob got a couple of goals in the 0-4 win at Brum, he didn’t get a hatrick in that game...

No , was with you BS4

Just thought you' particularly , would remember how many hat tricks he did notch that season

I thought two but looks like it was three ?

15 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

That Jack, is because you were being chauffeured by a very kindly individual who then allowed his passengers to have a drink in Cardiff on the way back..

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That Jack, is because you were being chauffeured by a very kindly individual who then allowed his passengers to have a drink in Cardiff on the way back..

I think I still owe you for the petrol. I'll see you at the players entrance as Manchester disembark.....

Really good programme last night. Highlights included 

- Bob confirming he’d be back at Ashton for the QPR Home game

- Psycho confirming he was mates with Windass and threatened to kill him if he scored before the 08 final.

Best of all though was Twentyman admitting if Bob hadn’t had got injured city would have finished above Rovers!

Great team.

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No , was with you BS4

Just thought you' particularly , would remember how many hat tricks he did notch that season

I thought two but looks like it was three ?

I can remember the one at Swansea and Crewe at home, can’t think of any others though? What a goal machine he was, without his injury vs Crewe we’d have won that division instead of going through the misery of finishing second to that lot...

20 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, sad old git as I am, just did a bit of research and found the whole game (in crap quality!) - if you’ve got an hour and a half to spare have a peek below....that was when St Andrews was a proper old school, initimidating place to visit....and the scorers were Taylor 2, Turner and Shelton....I remember Dave Rennie having a stormer though...

Another game like Swansea where the post match walk back to the car was `interesting`!

Anyone remember the police helicopter complete with searchlight?

Archived