IGNORED

Old Club Badges 4-4-2 Magazine (merged)

54-46

13 hours ago, Nbafc said:

Totally agree Woodsy although know its been done & people on here have put effort into trying.

I am biased as it sat proudly on the shirts of early/mid 80s when I first came to the gate.

That said, its a no brainer the Robin should be there now. Bold, proud, instantly recognizable & bespoke.

Perhaps the crest serves other purposes, which is a shame but a little more understandable.

Would our Robin badge have been a 'shiny' in Panini albums back in the days of top flight football?

If so bet it looked f@#*ing ace

(Remember that Sheff Weds one did!)

Yeah, robin was first badge for me too. I guess there are a lot of people of a certain age who prefer the robin for those reasons. I get that you'll never get 100% approval on anything, but we've cornered the market with the purple and lime kit, that says Bristol City, the GIFs, that says Bristol City - time to re do the badge and close the circle off!

Loved the Wednesday badge too. Derby is another one, clear and you know instantly who it is even though they aren't one of the 'big' clubs

On 06/12/2017 at 15:01, Trueredsupporte said:

club had no badge for nearly fifty years. add the time the Robin was used and that is not really correct.

http://historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_City/Bristol_City.htm shows a badge was first worn in 1949, a robin on a ball. At that time Norwich had something very similar, (except the bird was a canary). Two years later the robin was replaced by the City of Bristol's coat of arms. That lasted for ten years, then a gap until 1969. The robin on a ball in front of the suspension bridge was introduced in 1976 and lasted until 1994..

8 minutes ago, 22A said:

http://historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_City/Bristol_City.htm shows a badge was first worn in 1949, a robin on a ball. At that time Norwich had something very similar, (except the bird was a canary). Two years later the robin was replaced by the City of Bristol's coat of arms. That lasted for ten years, then a gap until 1969. The robin on a ball in front of the suspension bridge was introduced in 1976 and lasted until 1994..

We first wore a badge in 1901, the Bristol coat of arms mate. Also during the 1909 Cup final.

Archived