IGNORED

Duric...

spudski

2 hours ago, TRL said:

Aye. Very different player of course. And not a team player as such which is the point I am trying to make.. kodja I'd have grouped in with the lita's Coles and Thorpe of this world all of who were quite selfish but could hit the back of the net. Milan is very different from that, and very different from any player we have had before.

Not to try and put a downer on him... I'd say he was a quality torpey

Or Robbie Turner maybe? Defences were terrified of him too.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Seriously mate, who else is there?

Fielding, Steele, Wright. Flint, Baker, Bryan, Magnússon, Vyner, Kelly, Brownhill. Pack, Paterson, Eliasson, Reid,Taylor. 

Bakinson presumably too but that is still only 16! Two of whom have never featured in the league..

If he isn't one of the other two subs I don't know who will be, Plavotic?Holden? Neither of them have squad numbers..

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/teams/first-team-squad/

We have 32 listed here.

Of them 4 are on loan at other clubs (Golbourne, Moore, Morrell, Hinds).

7 more are injured (Pisano, Smith, Diedhiou, O'Dowda, Djuric, O'Neil, Hegeler).

Engvall is ineligible until January.

That means we have 18 members of the senior squad (appearances in the league ignored, this is how the club has classed them on the website.

Goalkeepers

Fielding, Steele, O'Leary, Lucic

Defenders

Bryan, Flint, Wright, Baker, Magnússon, Kelly, Vyner

Midfielders

Brownhill, Eliasson, Paterson, Pack, Bakinson, Leko

Forwards

Taylor, Reid, Woodrow

20 players (21 until the date of Djuric's operation).

Only 2 players more than a full subs bench.

3 hours ago, spudski said:

...not seen it mentioned on here, but Op booked for Dec 18 and out for 5 weeks.

I can't remember seeing a forward winning so many headers and directing them where he wants. He really is the deal and will be missed.

I can't help but think in bringing this op forward, that we have cover already agreed in the January window, or Diediou will be back sooner than expected.

Strange it was not booked for three days later to ensure he was at least available as a squad member for the Manchester United match. 

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

We have 32 listed here.

That means we have 18 members of the senior squad (appearances in the league ignored, this is how the club has classed them on the website.

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Midfielders

Forwards

Taylor, Reid, Woodrow

And don`t forget neither Woodrow or Leko are eligible for the cup.

I thought the referee was wrong to book him for the challenge he chose. Watching the replays he never moved his arm and the player headbutted his elbow. 

Having said that, there was a suspicion that he swung an arm in holding off a player in a later incident that the referee seemed to miss.

6 hours ago, hodge said:

LJ in his post match interview said there was no plan to play differently and he didn't know why the players were just lumping it to him, its why he brought Djuric off at half time to try and force us to play on the ground. I agree he's a great option off the bench, I just hope we're in a good position when Diedhiou's due back and he can hit the ground running. 

Strange isn't it - we get a lot of balls in the box from lots of positions but often have no one running in there capable of getting on the end of them. Djuric would seem to be the answer, but instead when he comes on we stop hitting balls into the box from open play and instead just lump the ball upto him, it must drive LJ mad.

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

We have 32 listed here.

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Midfielders

Forwards

Taylor, Reid, Woodrow

That midfield is scarily sparse, I like Eliasson and Leko may turn into a decent player (though i suspect not here) but it lacks a lot of experience and I really hope some players come back to bolster midfield soon.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

And don`t forget neither Woodrow or Leko are eligible for the cup.

Crikey, I had forgotten that.

That means that at this moment we could only name a full bench against Manchester by promoting at least 2 from the development squads, or by naming 3 goalkeepers on the subs bench!

7 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

We have 32 listed here.

Goalkeepers

Defenders

Midfielders

Forwards

Taylor, Reid, Woodrow

I think Lucic is injured too isn’t he? Even if he isn’t we don’t want more than one keeper on the bench and, if we take him and O’Leaey our the equation based on Steele being back-up keeper, we have a full team plus subs bench for league games and two free spaces in the league cup. And the games are about to come thick and fast. Yikes!

3 hours ago, Fiale said:

That ,midfield is scarily sparse I like Eliasson and Leko may turn into a decent player (though i suspect not here) but it lacks a lot of experience and I really hope some players come back to bolster midfield soon.

I think , short term at least , Joe may go into MF and Mags slip in at LB. Not ideal but short of options, until Jan or player start to return.

10 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Looked to me that Sheffield United players made it look like he had a nasty edge to him by rolling around whenever it went up to him. No way was that a yellow, and no way did he commit other fouls that were given.

BY getting him booked (and they did try imo) it slightly reduced his effectiveness i thought, as he was worried about getting another. In the interests of balance it was 'smart' play by them....

25 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

BY getting him booked (and they did try imo) it slightly reduced his effectiveness i thought, as he was worried about getting another. In the interests of balance it was 'smart' play by them....

Totally agree with this...it actually looked like a game plan if he came on.

• Admin

Don't worry, Korey is fine - he was simply faking a potential fracture to convince the ref, who had already sent Fleck off, that he had made the correct decision. It's why when Korey was unable to leave the field without the support of two of our medical team, half of Brammall Lane was booing him and chanting "cheat". You'll see, I read it somewhere on the internets. 

21 minutes ago, spudski said:

Totally agree with this...it actually looked like a game plan if he came on.

Preston did the same thing, Huntington (their CB) spent the entire second half moaning to the ref about him & trying to get him sent off.

Teams do this because they are scared of a player who not only wins nearly every header, but does so with a purpose.

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Preston did the same thing, Huntington (their CB) spent the entire second half moaning to the ref about him & trying to get him sent off.

Teams do this because they are scared of a player who not only wins nearly every header, but does so with a purpose.

Yes...I noticed that also.

Teams will have done their homework, will see he's a threat, and find ways to nullify it. The easiest way is to get close, keep going down holding your head and complaining to the ref.

Horrible part of the game. You need your captain in the ear of the ref also, telling him that's what's going to happen.

24 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Don't worry, Korey is fine - he was simply faking a potential fracture to convince the ref, who had already sent Fleck off, that he had made the correct decision. It's why when Korey was unable to leave the field without the support of two of our medical team, half of Brammall Lane was booing him and chanting "cheat". You'll see, I read it somewhere on the internets. 

Looking like a 2 game ban for Korey for simulation then.

The ban will come into effect after he recovers from the injury in a month's time.

10 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Strange it was not booked for three days later to ensure he was at least available as a squad member for the Manchester United match. 

Why would we specifically state a date for an operation, which therefore rules him out of a non-league-but-big-fixture when we know Woodrow can’t cover as “the big man”. 

Mourinho got very noisy about Arsenal having players rise from their sick beds to play from the start last weekend despite all the public leaks ruling them out. 

We’ve kept injury news quite close these last few weeks and had players start who weren’t expected to be fit.

I expect Manchester United won’t really do too much detailed planning against our style but to setup against a front line of any from Reid/Pato/Taylor is entirely different to a Djuric reappearing....

13 hours ago, spudski said:

...not seen it mentioned on here, but Op booked for Dec 18 and out for 5 weeks.

I can't remember seeing a forward winning so many headers and directing them where he wants. He really is the deal and will be missed.

I can't help but think in bringing this op forward, that we have cover already agreed in the January window, or Diediou will be back sooner than expected.

Hope you are right Spud but fear it may be simply that they’ve realised he can’t carry on with the state of the injury 

Think @Davefevs has explained he had similar and could carry on playing for a bit but struggled a bit more each time

On another note , I’m glad you rate Duric highly as do most on here - I’m in a tiny tiny minority it looks like , that isn’t so overwhelmed by him - he’s ok ,and is an asset but not as impressed as some / many are (And sensible posters at that ) but the weight of opinion convinces me I’m wrong:thumbsup:

Tbf difficult to make any assessment when he’s way off being fit 

We do desperately need a loaner who would give us a physical presence / focal point up top

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Hope you are right Spud but fear it may be simply that they’ve realised he can’t carry on with the state of the injury 

Think @Davefevs has explained he had similar and could carry on playing for a bit but struggled a bit more each time

On another note , I’m glad you rate Duric highly as do most on here - I’m in a tiny tiny minority it looks like , that isn’t so overwhelmed by him - he’s ok ,and is an asset but not as impressed as some / many are (And sensible posters at that ) but the weight of opinion convinces me I’m wrong:thumbsup:

We do desperately need a loaner who would give us a physical presence / focal point up top

Yep, had the double hernia op known as Gilmour’s Groin - not sure Milan’s is this type, but it’s not the same as a ‘normal’ hernia where you get a lump, where the stomach wall is breached.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gilmore's+groin&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

It was reported that he was willing to keep soldiering on, but suspect he’s hit the wall where he’s being less effective.

Following his summer op and return to fitness we saw a different Milan.  We know he wins everything in the air, but we also saw mobility, and better touch as a result...and he looked twice the player.  Looks like he’s over-compensated on the other side of his groin and that’s progressively got worse and worse, looking like it’s now time for the op.  Might be booked in next Monday, but I wonder whether he’ll even be included next Sat v Forest.

I’m hoping to have a chat with Steve Allen on Tuesday (at CHSW), so i’ll See what I can glean.

31 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

BBSB...I think he's one of those players, that doesn't look like a footballer ( think Peter Crouch ) but is deceptively effective.

His strength and holding ground is very good. Winning headers and directing them, is a very good strength. We've not had many that can do that consistently. That's an art, especially when you have big strong CB's in this league. Has a good footballing head, works hard, and can also hold up play and see a pass. It allows our more mobile and faster players a 'king pin' something to play off. Because of his danger, teams are also putting two men on him, which makes space for others to utilise.

I still think we haven't seen the best of him yet. He's not going to be a prolific goal scorer...but he offers a lot to the team imo, especially when we need a different game plan. :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

BBSB...I think he's one of those players, that doesn't look like a footballer ( think Peter Crouch ) but is deceptively effective.

His strength and holding ground is very good. Winning headers and directing them, is a very good strength. We've not had many that can do that consistently. That's an art, especially when you have big strong CB's in this league. Has a good footballing head, works hard, and can also hold up play and see a pass. It allows our more mobile and faster players a 'king pin' something to play off. Because of his danger, teams are also putting two men on him, which makes space for others to utilise.

I still think we haven't seen the best of him yet. He's not going to be a prolific goal scorer...but he offers a lot to the team imo, especially when we need a different game plan. :thumbsup:

Are you referring to me or Milan :P :whistle:

Archived